Censorship in The Witcher

+
This is a fair and quite mature topic. Come on guys, you know you moved around the room a little while Triss and Shani were in their skivvies to see what kind of "view" you got. Or was that just me? I am fine with that. Human nature is rewarded with this game. That's why it is so good.Candi - unprotected sex FTW...too freaking funny. And compared to every other guy in the game, Geralt is more manly, for sure. Most of the others have "punch me" faces...if you know what I mean.And I also agree so much with the above post that other games seem designed for 12 year olds. I quit World of Warcraft after starting The Witcher, because I realized just how unfulfilled I was after being able to turn the lights down, light a candle, grab an adult beverage and slip into the world of The Witcher. I am not saying WoW is a bad game, but I plan to take a good long time with games like The Witcher rather than the old MMORPG grind from now on.And, if you like hot, Vampire Bloodlines: Masquerade was good too. Another great game that drew you in with a well thought out atmosphere, and more mature themes. Kind of like a game version of the show Angel, in a way.

Gumborific said:
And, if you like hot, Vampire Bloodlines: Masquerade was good too. Another great game that drew you in with a well thought out atmosphere, and more mature themes. Kind of like a game version of the show Angel, in a way.
Thanks for the recommendation! Right now, I'm playing The Witcher exclusively (read: obsessively :) ), but eventually I'll want another game.

Geralt's "HAWT"-ness, lol, is not understandable to me. But that's ok. When I look at him, what I see is the future Keanu Reeves. From the "something is stuck up my butt" stiff-legged, bow-legged run he has, right down to the one shoulder higher than the other saunter he uses to start off or slow down, through the "look ma no hands" way he uses his neck muscles to toss his hair out of the way, just reeks of "Ted" to me. An older, wiser, forged by life's anvil "Ted", but still, "Ted". I never knew what people found "HAWT" about a scraggly, awkward, borderline uncoordinated, damn near spastic, scrawny social outcast that is never going to "fit" in no matter what job he lands, mess of a person like "Ted". Then I noticed his Heart. His Spirit. His undefeatable war cry "Wild Stallions!!!" with the "big swing" air guitar move ... His Uniqueness. His Difference. And I smiled. I "got it".If "Ted" can become Johnny Mnemonic, then surf the big waves with Swayze - not to mention jumping out of a freekin' airplane with no parachute - rescue Sandra Bullock on a runaway bus, and eventually save the world as Neo demolishes the Matrix, there is no telling what is in store for poor old "memory-less" Geralt, who shares all of his traits - except Youth.It is not so much the danger, the looks, the mannerisms, the cool competence, or the voice (btw, if you ladies are not listening to this dialogue in Polish you are missing a real treat. Imagine Urkle doing the voice over for Darth Vader instead of James Earl Jones and you will have a glimmer of the difference between the English and Polish acting) - the "HAWT-ness" of Geralt boils down to the Unknown. The Strange. Juices don't start flowing for either sex until the curiousity is piqued. Geralt definitely has "The Strange" banging on all cylinders, wide-open. I am perusing this thread with a smile on my face ... and an eagle in my heart. I have raised my daughters to be partners in life, capable of taking care of themselves AND their children, with or with out spousal support (male ... or female). And I do not allow double standards of any type. I have shown them the ways men treat relationships and taught them there is no shame in being human - and returning the favor. I have been criticized for this act all my life. It is refreshing to see this thread here. It is rewarding to read the honesty and see the intellect in these posts.But most of all, Ladies, thank you for letting me see, with my own eyes, that my little girls are not alone, and I have not made a horrible, horrible mistake. FTW! Candi!!! (Their boyfriends and husbands seem to like it ... roflmao)

I also find that Geralt has a certain hotness to him, much to hubby's chagrin when I am playing late into the night, lol. ;DOnly probs I have and it is a small nitpicking prob at that, is that the druids are obviously Welsh unfortunately their pronounciation of the language is way off.(obviously the designers don't realise that a dd in welsh is pronounced th and not d).but great game nonetheless

Oh God yes Geralt's hawt! I'd tap that (over and over again) :p CDProjekt did all us girls a favour - it's becoming rarer to have a strapping male protagonist. Or maybe I just don't play enough games. :pAs for Zoltan...LOL.

IllusiveSpatula said:
As for Zoltan...LOL.
I think Zoltan would be sweet and snuggly. And he'd be a guy you could relax with and laugh with.Plus, how a guy looks isn't that big of a clue as to how much fun he'll be. The most astonishing lover I ever had, one day when I was teasing him about how all the women I knew wanted to fall at his feet, looked at me seriously and said, "You DO realize that I'm middle-aged, overweight, and balding, don't you?" Yes, he was. And that had nothing to do with the roguish enthusiasm he brought to the bedchamber. Something in Zoltan's manner (at least, as voiced in English) hints to me that he might be another such person. Don't knock him till you've tried him, I say. :)

He would be my alter ego for sure, the guy just "has it" :) Definitly fun to play the character in the game that is for sure and all my years of gaming and watching a ton a male characters. This one is one I wouldn't mind being. Tough, soft, yet when the "blank" hits the fan he takes the reigns and does what needs to be done!

Corylea said:
I think Zoltan would be sweet and snuggly. And he'd be a guy you could relax with and laugh with.Plus, how a guy looks isn't that big of a clue as to how much fun he'll be. The most astonishing lover I ever had, one day when I was teasing him about how all the women I knew wanted to fall at his feet, looked at me seriously and said, "You DO realize that I'm middle-aged, overweight, and balding, don't you?" Yes, he was. And that had nothing to do with the roguish enthusiasm he brought to the bedchamber. Something in Zoltan's manner (at least, as voiced in English) hints to me that he might be another such person. Don't knock him till you've tried him, I say. :)
I can honestly see that in Zoltan. He seems like a real gentleman, in his own little way. :) Still, I'd honestly rather take Geralt to my bedchambers. LOL!

IllusiveSpatula said:
I can honestly see that in Zoltan. He seems like a real gentleman, in his own little way. :) Still, I'd honestly rather take Geralt to my bedchambers. LOL!
*laugh* Oh, no quarrel or question about wanting to take Geralt someplace private and horizontal! *fans self*I wasn't putting Zoltan above Geralt in the Lust Object Sweepstakes; I just thought that Zoltan was being laughed at and discounted unjustly.Actually, I think maybe one marries the Zoltans of the world while having some fun and games with the Geralts on their way through town. :)

Yes, a dangerous man is likened to the dark haired raven.The buxom girl next door, and the hard working Zoltan are best served in matrimony.You can go all the way back to Canterbury Tales for that theory.

I heard the UK/Europe ver of the game had unedited content, I too would like the none censored ver of the game, played it and I am impressed going to be even better when it gets its polished release, wish more game companies did that, heard you guys are doing some Major tweaks. But yeah I would like to get my grubbies on a patch or something to make my copy uncut... I am 28 years old... dont need the market here saying what i can see, not see, hear and not hear...

we at thewitcherworld.com are also unhappy with the censorship, and agree that adults should be able to decide for themselves what we want to see or not see in our games. You can visit us at http://thewitcherworld.com/downloads.php to see our response to this problem.

Top Bottom