Certain achievements stopped unlocking

+
Certain achievements stopped unlocking

Most of the achievements were unlocking fine. I did all the contracts and Geralt the professional didn't unlock. I ignored it maybe thinking another contract would pop up later. There wasn't. I than beat the game and no achievement unlocked for that. As the achievement hunter I am, I wanted to see if other people were having this issue. And there was. A lot of people, in fact. I did EVERYTHING to try and get the achievements to pop i reset the game, loaded an earlier save, reset my xbox, cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing. I'm not sure what solution I plan to get out of this post. Maybe if enough people complain about it (and i've seen quite a large amount of people) that cd projekt red might squeeze out a hotfix? I dunno. If any of you guys have any recommendations for a quick fix THAT WORKS, please feel free to say.

Im with you on this one mate. Ive done the High Stakes quest without losing a game or the fight, and the achievement hasn't come up.

Yeah, i've been wanting to start the DLCs but I kind of don't if I won't get any achievements. So witcher had been collecting dust until i see some kind of patch.

Not actually a fix, but if you are after the achievements, you could try to get those from stand alone expansions. Not sure if it works, but it could be worth trying?

I got gwent master has i finished all the gwent quests. Although i do have collect em all quest to do because i havent gone round the vendors yet who play gwent. So far achievements r popping but at different times maybe like when ive done another achievement.. one im missing will pop to.

Ryan_hubbard Weird question, but are you able to check back through your quest log to see what contracts you have completed?

I had the exact same problem, but it turns out only one of the quests is missible and it's right at the start!

Here are the current quests that you absolutely need to have as "completed" in your quest log:
  • Devil by the Well - White Orchard - Missable
  • Woodland Beast
  • Patrol Gone Missing
  • Shrieker
  • Jenny O' the Woods
  • The Merry Widow
  • Swamp Thing
  • Mysterious Tracks
  • The Mystery of the Byways Murders
  • Phantom of the Trade Route
  • The Griffin from the Highlands
  • Missing Brother
  • The Apiarian Phantom
  • Deadly Delights
  • Doors Slamming Shut
  • Lord of the Wood
  • The Oxenfurt Drunk
  • The Phantom of Eldberg
  • Muire D'Yaeblen
  • Here Comes the Groom
  • Dragon
  • Missing Son
I'm sure you probably already have them all, but it's worth checking as the very first contract "Devil by the Well" totally caught me out because I didn't know I had missed it, so I went through the whole game thinking I had done them all when in fact I hadn't. :/

Thanks!

Spoons

Brawl master, brawler, passed the trial, pest control, ran the gauntlet, the king is dead, walked the path, assassin of kings

Should have gotten those 8 achievements, but never did. I wasn't sure about the completing the games ones if they were main game or included Blood and Wine. Looked to be completing all when I finished the main game, but given I still didn't get them on completing all the DLC I don't really have an answer either.

I'm trying again for the Pest Control achievement right now. I saved before doing the last monster nest in Velen/Novigrad region but the achievment didn't unlock.

Pushtrak;n9288091 said:
I'm trying again for the Pest Control achievement right now. I saved before doing the last monster nest in Velen/Novigrad region but the achievment didn't unlock.

Are you sure that you cleared them all? In some of my games the last monster appeared a bit later than the others. Also, did you collect the loot inside those nests? All nest markers are grey in your map?

I completed 4/4 monster dens, then I did 22/23 monster nests and created a save. I do the last monster nest, collect it and don't get the achievement. I revert to an earlier save.

I've tried it multiple times now, doing things like hard reset (holding power button to shut down the console), tried clearing the cache (unplugging the console till the light on the brick changes), tried removing and adding back my gamertag to the console, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

The fist fighting ones are ones I'm worried about too. I'm not going to do any of them until they are all unlocked. I'll then create a save, and do all the missions in Velen, Novigrad, Skellige. I'm wondering how many saves i should keep. One before starting any of it, sure. One before the last of the separate areas too? Or just before the last I do? Also one before Olaf.

I don't have any other ideas than trying to unlock that achievement in Skellige and see if it works then.

Update: I've gotten the ones for the fist fighting this time, and the one for the monster nests. I haven't gotten far enough to retry the assassin of kings or completed game stuff.

I've done all 23 monster nests and all 5 in Skellige not got the pest control achievement... its bloody annoying

Top Bottom