Challenge to tell me what is so new/innovative/never done before in CP?

+
So what in this game is so fresh/new and so on to excuse the poor state the game is in even after patch 1.2 ?
Some may say BD and my answer is: Detroit: Become human ( might be others )
Some may say implants and my answer is: Fallout: NW, Fallout 4 ( might be others )
Weapon mods: Just no, been there done that.
Crafting ? : Umm done very very VERY long ago.
Perks?: Same as above
Clothes/Armor with mods: Same as above.
Character customization?: Well umm same as above.
Open world in first person ?: Daggerfall made for DOS, as much open world it could be at the time of release.

So please inform me what is so new and great in this game to excuse crashing ever 1-2 hours of play ?

If I remember correctly what they do in Detroit to become human is not a brain dance. Conor collects data, analyses it and suggests was has happened.

For me, it's indisputably Night City (a work of art for me) and the universe. I wait for a game like this since... i watch Blade Runner and i play on Master System :D

I love Fallout very much and play all since Fallout 3 (finish Fallout 4 when i waiting CP release).
But if i must compare, in fallout the world is mostly empty (some creaturs and enemy, but it's all), the weapons are boring, you had a load screen every time you enter in a zone/building, the character's are not soo good and the musics (we don't talk about it).

When first play (corpo), during the path to Lizzie'Bar, I had chills and the impression of hearing Vangelis. No other i had those moments.

But this is only my opinion and is binding on me ;)

Last edited:
Night City. I don't think that is widely appreciated by the players, though. I consider Night City to be a central NPC in the game.

Fallout 4 and implants? Eh? I am scratching my head about this. The "new and innovative" thing about Fallout 4 was settlements. There was nothing really stand-out about New Vegas and the "no NPCs" innovation in 76 was a bust.

Night City and alternative version of alternative version of retrofuture. :D
There is literally no other game like this. GTA? Does it take place in the city of the future? Wake me up when it does, I'll play it.
It's been almost 10 years since it's announcement and no other company did anything even close to Cyberpunk.
I wouldn't say that the game is worth playing right now. But I absolutely believe that it's worth waiting for the patches, expansions and DLCs.

Judy.

Alone, maybe not entirely excusing the poor state of the game, but contributes heavily to the main aspect of the game that makes it not beyond redemption in my humble opinion (the storytelling and characters).

As I've mentioned elsewhere previously, it's the first time in almost twenty years that I've played a game and very strongly emotionally been affected by and connected to a character in a game. Yes, there are games with stories that could probably trigger a bunch of emotional responses as well, but I highly doubt they would leave such an imprint on my memory (that will probably last for years) in the same way as Cyberpunk 2077. The JALI system (which itself hasn't been used in a mainstream game before), combined with the voice acting, story writing and character design (though maybe not perfect) come together in a uniquely effective manner.

Maybe less significantly, it's also the first game I'm aware of where by default the protagonist can be a stealthy, gun-toting, bushy, vegetarian lesbian. If there are any other games where this has been done before, then please let me know.

So what in this game is so fresh/new and so on to excuse the poor state the game is in even after patch 1.2 ?
Some may say implants and my answer is: Fallout: NW, Fallout 4 ( might be others )
Open world in first person ?: Daggerfall made for DOS, as much open world it could be at the time of release.

So please inform me what is so new and great in this game to excuse crashing ever 1-2 hours of play ?
i asked myself the very same question, i also was lucky to read your former post about this - which got deleted right away, there were some more points i agree with tho. but yeah aside of the city/setting i also cant find a single feature/point what meant to be "the next level of openworld gaming"... really curious what other people think is the specialty in CP... for me personally the storytelling is good (i didnt know the lore before, tho i read some fans also dislike the execution of CP77 regarding the lore mostly because Johnny got a such big part - but i cant judge on this one, like i said i didnt know the lore before i took my hand on this game), like the voiceovers as well, than we have the city which looks awesome on pc - as far as i can tell from screens and vids. for me personally on ps4 on the other hand even the city is just avg (if assets load in time at all) compared with square enix titles, which also deliver great/awesome storytelling f.e.... not talking about features myself, cause more than one post i took my hand of were deleted as well claimed as pure rant : /

Last edited:

innovation doesn't have much to do with how good or not good any piece of work is.

if the game crashes for you 1-2 times an hour, I doubt much would make it worth it for you. As far as greatness, the world, night city, the music, the characters, the freedom and wrapped together made it a pretty compelling experience.

question remains what exactly makes cp77 "the next generation of openworld gaming" ... i guess many people ask themselves... : /
I think, if you could play CP on a really good pc you would see that the city work is fantastic. Just Kabuki, how many hours it take for that result...? just awesome :D
For me (on XBSX), it's well above all the open world that I have played (and so far).

I think, if you could play CP on a really good pc you would see that the city work is fantastic. Just Kabuki, how many hours it take for that result...? just awesome :D
For me (on XBSX), it's well above all the open world that I have played (and so far).
yeah after 1k hrs of playing on ps4 and 2 bugfix patches which didnt changed much (at least on my side) i more and more feel they shouldnt have released it on ps4/xbox1... as hard as it sounds. if they would just focus on new gen and pc the chance to get it work would be way higher... but since they sold a lot of copies on current gen they just cant stop trying to handle it somehow... not even talking of the ps5 disaster on sonys side... its a bad situation overall. : /

it kinda reminds me of the very first watch dogs release back in the days... the advertising was also stunning like the pr etc. but than they released it at the time console gens swapped from ps3 to ps4 like we have it now with ps4 and ps5. watchdogs back than was same play... on ps3 graphic and performance wasnt as promised and even the online features were cut out for the ps3 version exclusivly for ps4... its just damn greedy behaviour of a studio to act like this - if u cant get it run as intended and advertised just skip it and stick to the platforms your vision works on. but i think thats just business... take everything you can - handle consequences later... somehow...

Last edited:
WHAT IS SO NEW/INNOVATIVE/NEVER DONE BEFORE IN CP?

The narrative delivery. Just check this thread:

This game, despite all its flaws, is absolutely amazing if it comes to the way of telling the story.

The interactions with other characters are also "some next-level work":

judy_placze.jpg

And there's also one more thing... Night City. An amazing achievement in open-world (level) design:

NC_amazing1.jpg

Last edited:
For me, it's indisputably Night City (a work of art for me) and the universe. I wait for a game like this since... i watch Blade Runner and i play on Master System :D

I love Fallout very much and play all since Fallout 3 (finish Fallout 4 when i waiting CP release).
But if i must compare, in fallout the world is mostly empty (some creaturs and enemy, but it's all), the weapons are boring, you had a load screen every time you enter in a zone/building, the character's are not soo good and the musics (we don't talk about it).

When first play (corpo), during the path to Lizzie'Bar, I had chills and the impression of hearing Vangelis. No other i had those moments.

But this is only my opinion and is binding on me ;)

An opinion shared, except I watched Blade Runner after following Judge Dredd's comic-strip adventures in Mega City One, and playing on a Commodore Vic-20 and ZX Spectrum, imagining a future gameworld like NIght City. Only had to wait 30 years, not bad in the grander scheme of things ;)

question remains what exactly makes cp77 "the next generation of openworld gaming" ... i guess many people ask themselves... : /

Pretty much Night City, there's no other urban game world that is as believable as Night City as of yet.

Sure it can use more interaction in general and perhaps contextual animations for a lot of those interactions, but to this day I have not felt as immersed in a game world as I have in Night City (until the free roam AI does something stupid of course).

Secondary is the cinematic story telling in an open world environment and the open ended gameplay that accommodates a large character build variety while remaining largely coherent in it's cinematic quality adding to the immersion in the game world itself.

There are a lot of cogs that build up this Night City element, it's not just the city itself, it's the culture behind it - the lore, the characters, the art, the music, the events - they all work together to create this wonderful ensemble we call ''The City of Dreams''.

Now I don't know if this classifies as ''next-gen'' what does really, what does it even mean nowadays...

It's largely irrelevant and mostly used as a marketing slogan that essentially describes a large number of new game releases that don't quite live up to the imaginary mantra created by the said phrase.

For me personally, yes it is, it's the next gen open world narrative driven game I was waiting for, even with all the jank and unfinished systems which undoubtedly will get ironed out in the future when all of this fiasco will have largely been forgotten.

Hey,
cool topic :)

For me, there are many things, e.g.:
- completely custom(ized) environment and lore (based on pen and paper)
- custom vision of NC (posters&graffiti, music, level design, characters,...)
- storytelling (unique premise and approach, endings, mood, non-marked secrets, dialogues,...)
- graphics (view distance, mesh amount and quality, attention to detail, interactivity, animations,...)
- sauce (tarot cards, Delamain, ARG, PoI, stories between lines, different themes of CP as religion, humanity,...)
- technical (as ironic as it sounds, I think they did an amazing job with multiplatform, optimization, streaming, animation, lighting. reflections,...and amount of it all,... )

I think that the game is actually insane in many aspects, though it's a shame that the bugs and unfinished content pull it down (in the eyes of gamers) so much.

I am currently on my second playthrough and I am starting to think about it as an underrated, timeless, genre-defining gem, similar to what Gothic was in its age. It may be shallow, unbalanced, unintuitive, broken, linear,...(from time to time,) but it has a strong concept, soul, mood, ideology and (proper) non-linear endings and is all-well worked out.
What more to ask for? :)

Top Bottom