Challenger #5 approaches!

+

Tune in to our official Twitch.tv, YouTube or Mixer channels this weekend (Saturday and Sunday, starting at 4PM CEST on both days) for some GWENT action!

GWENT’s finest will compete for a share of the 100.000 USD prize pool, Challenger’s winner title and ring, and a spot in the GWENT World Masters tournament.

As always, their efforts will be live commentated and analyzed by a wonderful broadcast team:

Rumour has it even Eredin’s back in town… so don’t miss it!

Do people with connected GOG accounts still get some special prizes (like a card picked by a player) or just standard Twitch drops?

Is the world at large ready for the details of Shinmiri's analysis? Good luck all casters and players.

I am so glad you added Mixer :love:. I just hope, I wont be alone in there :sleep:.

Btw. Can you update that old school game picture in there? It looks a bit dated...

Last edited:
I suggested it before and I'll again
make max 15 minutes well documented and well explained montage of highlights of this tournament - a video designed to be watched by many players expecting complexity gaming.
Might be tough for potential new player to watch 6 hours of gameplay to hit essential moments

DRK3

Forum veteran
Got sad watching Arachas being the downfall of two strong players. A deck that was really powerful, Tier 1 just awhile ago, never really got nerfed and yet now is destroyed by control...

rrc

Forum veteran
Got sad watching Arachas being the downfall of two strong players. A deck that was really powerful, Tier 1 just awhile ago, never really got nerfed and yet now is destroyed by control...
I don't understand why Freddy and Tailbot chose AQ over SK (I can't expect to understand too, I am just a normal player and they are the strongest pro players).

I was sad to see only one SK (and which just crushed the enemy and will give Adzikov a huge edge). ST, NR, and NG makes sense as they are solid, but I was expecting more SK than SY or MO. My bet is, today, people will ban SK/NG over ST, now that everyone knows everyone else's deck. GreenCricket mentioned this, that, if you know what to expect from Francesca, it is not hard to play around her.

Anyhow, it was a blast to watch the challenger live. Congratulations and good luck to the winners and Better luck next time for the players who got eliminated in QF.

it would be too easy for them to win using standard meta, so they challenged themselves to win using tier 2-3-ish decks, perhaps

DRK3

Forum veteran
Congrats to the winner, i didnt know him but i really liked some of his plays.

But hopefully CDPR now finally realizes that Hyperthin NG must be nerfed, that thing has ruled over for pratically 2 months (alongside the Foltest and Dj's last month)

But hopefully CDPR now finally realizes that Hyperthin NG must be nerfed

One player brought it and it bricked twice. On the other hand, Francesca got banned always (except once). I think you're drawing the wrong conclusions.

DRK3

Forum veteran
One player brought it and it bricked twice. On the other hand, Francesca got banned always (except once). I think you're drawing the wrong conclusions.

Didnt see it brick at all, only destroying other versions of NG decks. But its true, Francesca is also problematic (won 2-0 the only game i saw her, which happened to me quite sometimes when i faced it, earlier this month), hopefully CDPR undo her buff, just like they did to Foltest after realizing their mistake.

I must say the show was quite disappointing. Not the games, but production. Last three challengers had complex theme, rich accompanying program and plenty of stuff creating mood of the event. What have we got here?
- Studio instead of some interesting location.
- No musicians, story cutscenes, cosplaying extras...only pathetic Eredin. Where the heck was Dandelion?
- Interviews were quite tacky and hollow. At NG challenger Ash used to ask competitors many interesting questions about their gaming experience, their plans etc.
- Announcement of the winner had that absolutely underwhelming "by the way" feel (I almost expected cleaning stuff with bucket and broom appearing in the shot). No fanfares, no applause, no congratulations from other players.
- Quite irritating Burza with product placement (somebody could´ve SWITCHed him off).
- And these terrible jackets everyone was wearing were the last nail to the coffin of Monster feel.

To sum it up, it cried "low budget" all over the place. I really hope Masters will return to previous standards.

I really enjoyed watching the games.

Interesting decks and good strategies all around. Sure they reflect the current meta but right now we have a good rhythm of changes and adjustments. Glad I watched.

rrc

Forum veteran
Francesca was not banned twice. In QF and SF Demo had Francesca. He played three games with Francesca and won twice and got crushed by Calanthe once (Calanthe playing on blue coin). I am not saying Fran is fine. She is very strong. I face at least 3/4th of time Francesca in Rank 2-3 and I had no other options but to play her myself to survive.

But yesterday, the ladder was mostly Calanthe in Rank 1 with a deck Spyro played which just crushes Francesca. Spyro was eager to face Francesca to crush her with his Calanthe. Both Francesca and Calanthe are ridiculously strong. I will use Fran till I reach Rank 0 and then I will play my Brouver or some other deck. Both Fran and Calanthe need to be toned down a bit. But we don't know what would IronJudgment bring.

Top Bottom