Chance to freeze not cumulative?

+
Hi All, New here, Having a blast playing the game.

Registered here cause theres something bothering me regarding "Chance to freeze" - Wasnt so sure if this is a bug or am just missing on something..

Im equipped with a (3 slot) moonblade silver sword with a stat of 7% chance to freeze.

Slotted it with x3 lesser zoria runestone (+2% chance to freeze) hoping it would all add up and increase my chances to 13%. but checking on my player stat, im still running on 7% - what am i missing?

here's a screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/RrQvrJX

Thanks mod for putting this on a dedicated thread, it'd be much easier for me track.

Try looking at the stats again when the sword is drawn if you didn't yet. As far as I know runestone bonuses are only applied when the sword is drawn.

withdrawn sword, no buffs still at 7% chance to freeze. :(

withdrawn sword, no buffs still at 7% chance to freeze.
Hmm. I know that Zorias work in general, as I've had one on an otherwise "plain" sword and the sword has frozen enemies. I think I'll do some testing in my own game. I don't have Moonblade but I can see if the stone bonus is applied to whatever sword I do have.

Edit: I put two Zoria runestones (3% chance to freeze) on a steel sword that already had a 10% chance to freeze. The stats updated to 16% even when the sword was sheathed.

So, either silver swords have different "mechanics" (which I doubt), Moonblade is bugged (which I also doubt as I can't find other reports on it anywhere), or something is wrong with your game.
What platform (and if PC, is it GOG, Steam, Origin) are you on?

You could also try putting Zorias on a different silver sword and seeing whether the stats change then.
Buying a sword (if you don't have a spare), dismantling Moonblade, and putting the stones (unless you have spares) on the new sword works; just load a save after testing. That's what I did, though I happened to have a sword and those stones in my stash.

Worth mentioning, as well, that there have been recorded "display bugs" regarding inventory descriptions. So, while the sword may still "display" 7%, it is factoring the correct percentage in calculations.

There have been several modders that could confirm this by looking at the scripts / dump files in debug mode. In fact, I can't remember any of these issues ever being anything other than a display bug. So, in short, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as you're almost assuredly getting the correct gameplay, even if the description still says "7%".

@Draconifors thanks for doing the extra mile to test this on your end, im playing on steam at version 1.32.

I did however tested this on my steel sword as well, it had +21% chance to stun and threw Triglav stones on it - but it's still showing the inherent status without the additional effects from the stones.

witcher2.png

I do hope this is just a "display bug" just as SigilFey mentioned - just frustrating to see these little things not working so well and its triggering my OCD a bit :rolleyes:

I guess ill just have to accept and take your words on it - convincing myself that it is working behind the scene and im just having this buggy stats display.

im playing on steam at version 1.32.
And I'm on GOG GOTY 1.32. I could test on Steam as well (not that it should make any difference) but I don't feel like spending 10 hours installing the game on Steam. :p

Hopefully it indeed just a visual bug. You could test it by putting runestones on swords that don't have the effect natively and then seeing if the runestone effect ever triggers, but even I (who loves testing) think it wouldn't be worth the time and effort.

Top Bottom