Change Succubus to End of Turn

+
Change Succubus to End of Turn

Please Change the succubus effect to trigger at the end of your turn, timer 1. Currently you can't really do anything against succubus + drowner if it's played late in a round you need to win. If it triggered at the end of your turn, you could at least move/play a strong unit to a different row.

Succubus really isn't that strong. Even if she steals a 12 strength unit, it is only a 6 in reality as she is put onto your side of the board. Plus the big unit it takes can make it easy for you to take the round by using things such as fiend, resets, igni, scorch etc.

PackingMoney;n8940050 said:
Succubus really isn't that strong. Even if she steals a 12 strength unit, it is only a 6 in reality as she is put onto your side of the board. Plus the big unit it takes can make it easy for you to take the round by using things such as fiend, resets, igni, scorch etc.

You're wrong. if she destroyed the unit, it would be 6. However, she moves it to your side, so you gain 12, your opponent loses 6, so it's an 18.

rolandhsu;n8940010 said:
I agree. at the moment you only have 1 round to move something or lock succubus.

I wouldn't change that. However, currently, the one who played Succubus gets the last play before her effect triggers. By making it trigger at the end of the round, you could actually play around the card because you get to play the last card before your unit gets moved.

Firekangaroo;n8940080 said:
You're wrong. if she destroyed the unit, it would be 6. However, she moves it to your side, so you gain 12, your opponent loses 6, so it's an 18.

I wouldn't change that. However, currently, the one who played Succubus gets the last play before her effect triggers. By making it trigger at the end of the round, you could actually play around the card because you get to play the last card before your unit gets moved.

Oh yeah, my bad.

If succubus were to be so easily countered she should become a loyal unit. Because even when you lock Villemtretenmerth, he's still a +4 body. Whereas a locked /countered succubus is a -6. Let's be fair, shall we?

I think she needs buffed half the time they will counter her by either locking her or by moving the good card or by consume it and then it is just a +6 for them. She could be buffed by lowering her number to maybe a 2 or a 1 since no ones ever going to put her in their deck to play a gold 6 on their own side. There is many much better gold cards for your own side.

kaalev;n8940650 said:
If succubus were to be so easily countered she should become a loyal unit. Because even when you lock Villemtretenmerth, he's still a +4 body. Whereas a locked /countered succubus is a -6. Let's be fair, shall we?

Succubus's effect is like destroying the unit it takes twice. you take it from them, you add it to your side. So she's similar to Villentretenmerth, but requires less setup to be good. Also she need one round less to trigger, so she's better if your opponent milked you in round 2 and there are only a few cards left for round 3.

Firekangaroo;n8940790 said:
Succubus's effect is like destroying the unit it takes twice. you take it from them, you add it to your side. So she's similar to Villentretenmerth, but requires less setup to be good. Also she need one round less to trigger, so she's better if your opponent milked you in round 2 and there are only a few cards left for round 3.
Bekker's Twisted Mirror also works similarily to Succubus. Yet it's silver and has no timer and neutral. Hence, I see no point in nerfing Succubus that is a gold card, which is also worse than a dead card in certain matchups (weather/spell decks) and that has a silver/neutral equivalent with no timer.

Besides, you usually don't want to keep succubus up till round 3.

I can see your argument for end of turn, however I think it makes Succubus to week to simply move it to end of turn. You would need to give succubus a secondary effect like strength -2 if she turns a card to the player who played her side in exchange for the the end of turn. I think she is likely better as is, but the card would need something if you were to move it to end of turn.

Leave my sucubus untouched, when i use her in first round my oponent passes and i have to play another card, so i win the round with 2card fewer than oponent which can be a big problem.

Pruny;n8947150 said:
Leave my sucubus untouched, when i use her in first round my oponent passes and i have to play another card, so i win the round with 2card fewer than oponent which can be a big problem.

Why you ever play Succubus in the first round?

Crueldwarf;n8947300 said:
Why you ever play Succubus in the first round?

First round is when most non-gold units are played. Hence succubus has more juicy targets. For instance, Brigades for NGs, Morkvarg for SK, Zoltan for ST are usually played on round 1.

Besides, you don't want succubus to lay around in your hand when your opponent only has gold cards left to play. Sure, you can steal Tibor once in a while with succubus and shackles, but even with card advantage it's very risky.

I got wrecked many times by Succubus.. Still it's a balanced card having more than one way to deal with her... Not to mention she can be worse than a dead card and if you don't steal a very high Power Unit the power swing you gain is very small.. Start worrying about SK for a change, you'll find plenty of balance issues in that broken graveyard-themed faction...

The problem is that Succubus goes from being alright, with some counterplay if you're going first to absolutely nuts if you're going second. There is no passing counterplay because the opponent will only have to go down one card to win the round instead of two, which allows them to pass round two, losing no card advantage. I think the problem is that right now it's power level in round one is completely dependent on a coin flip.

Yes, this is also a change that needs to affect Kambi as well.
It's not a power complaint, it's that there's no meaningful counterplay the way they are now.

It's gold unit. They are ment to be strong cards. Succubus is actually rather weak gold as you need to steal at least +10 unit to get +14 overall. That is pretty much the common value of gold. If the opponent doesn't play unit that high only viable choise is to play her at own side for pathetic +6 with no effect.

MrRagdoll;n8950610 said:
It's gold unit. They are ment to be strong cards. Succubus is actually rather weak gold as you need to steal at least +10 unit to get +14 overall. That is pretty much the common value of gold. If the opponent doesn't play unit that high only viable choise is to play her at own side for pathetic +6 with no effect.

It's not about Power. It is about counterplay. You can't just not play strong units from your hand, you will eventually play them. So you have to use the one card you can play before her effect triggers to play around it. However, because your opponent gets to play another card on his turn, he gets to decide which unit she's gonna steal with a drowner/damage/buff etc. So you can't do much against it.
She could have lower power in return, I'd be fine with that.

Make Succ trigger at the end of the opponents turn sure but on a 1 turn timer would be ideal, if someone plays succ I pass they have to burn a card to get its effect at which point I've gained a 2 card advantage. Someone previously mentioned that the coin flip determines the cards value and hes spot on.

Another card that suffers like this is Standard Regis, I play him I get to play 1 card to maintain a lead and the opponent gets to play 2, he can practically only work in decks with resilient units and a previous round win, at which point you are playing a 2 round win deck and are literally worse than the Satanic seed of Attila gene spliced with Stalin gestated within Thatcher. The deck itself works great, would work better if borkh triggered before Regis checks for strength though.

12 seems to be the baseline for golds, the cards that go above this typically have caveats that make them less guaranteed than say the basic ones like Triss.

Top Bottom