Change the Premium Card Refund

+

Change the Premium Card Refund

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, just to do the math really quickly, you'd have to buy 363 kegs ($420) to be able to craft 25 normal Tibors (at 55 scrap a keg) then pay $125 for dust to transmute them all. So if you wanted to abuse this method to get all of the legendaries in the game that are not free you'd have to spend about $500 (as you'll probably get lucky and open some legendaries that are going to be nerfed). This doesn't seem like much of an exploit to me.

I agree that abusing this system is very easy, but at the same time, you have to take into account players who spent hard earned scraps and maybe even real life money for those nerfed premiums and will now not be able to use them at all ( for the time being...).

What I'm saying is that the solution to this problem should not be a drastic double value or no double value, but rather something else that will be fair to both sides.

I suggest allowing the double value for cards who were purchased/crafted before the patch announcements on the live stream.
if that doesn't seem fair for people who didn't watch it they can always put a limit on the number of times in which you can get double value for cards that were purchased after the announcements.

I think that those limitations will prevent abusing the system and at the same time provide players the opportunity to receive the full value for their hard earned scrap or money, which was this feature purpose in the first place.

MooshieMooshie

Refunds are possible up to five days after the patch. That means that after the patch there is a possibility to keep crafting the nerfed premiums to abuse the system. This is an assumption, yes. But, until proven otherwise, I remain concerned about this. And even if there are measures in place to prevent this, it will still not prevent the next wave of abuse during another upcoming patch.

Hematomas

There is an easier solution: Limit the number of refunds to 1 per card (or 3 for bronze). Refunds are given because of the possible negative impact on the gameplay. However, any card above the deck limit has no effect on this and does not have to be refunded.

4RM3D;n8847200 said:
There is an easier solution: Limit the number of refunds to 1 per card (or 3 for bronze). Refunds are given because of the possible negative impact on the gameplay. However, any card above the deck limit has no effect on this and does not have to be refunded.

They could do that, it would be quite just and prevent any case of "abuse". My problem is, again, they do something different from what they already announced, that being they refund powder when they already stated they will refund only with scraps.

4RM3D;n8847200 said:
Refunds are possible up to five days after the patch. That means that after the patch there is a possibility to keep crafting the nerfed premiums to abuse the system. This is an assumption, yes. But, until proven otherwise, I remain concerned about this. And even if there are measures in place to prevent this, it will still not prevent the next wave of abuse during another upcoming patch.

It seems like the easiest solution then is to just not give full refunds on crafts after the patch is live. This also seems like a much better solution than completely changing the system they already said was going to be in place.

shroudb;n8846070 said:
we don't know if the refunds cover all copies of a card or only "usable" copies (3 bronzes, 1 silver, 1 gold)

That makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Refunding the nerfed cards has to do with gameplay,not with me, or anybody, hoarding 10 copies of the same card. For example, i have 4 QG cards ( got the 4th yesterday from a keg ). Should i get full scraps if i mill the 3 of them during the 5 days after the patch hits? Absolutely, that's what CDPR promised. Should i get full scraps for the fourth one? Absolutely not.

Now, from a f2p player's perspective. I have played a lot ( halfway through to level 32 ) and i have 1145 meteorite, so, most probably, before the patch, i'll have enough for 3 premium golds. I also have enough scraps for 2 golds. I'm going to wait until just before the patch and if nothing changes, like CDPR going back on their word ( which i find extremely unprofessional, to say the least ), i'm going to craft Drought and Tibor and make them premiums along with RNR, which i already have. That will get me 3 extra golds ( 2400 scraps ). For me, it's like exchanging 400 meteorite for 800 scraps and i'm really happy about that because, personally, at least for now, i don't care about the meteorite ( when i find a premium in a keg i keep it, but that's about it ). I admit, for a f2p player, it's a very generous refund ( maybe a little less for the ones who do want the meteorite, but still awesome ) but that's not my fault. Abusing the system? Come on... How many people constitute CDPR? Are they all so naive? Nobody anticipated the players were going to do that?

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Time will tell.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n8847200 said:

Agreed. I'm pretty sure this would be the case - probably not for this patch though cause of the twitter announcement...

MooshieMooshie;n8846700 said:
I also assume there is going to be another reset after closed beta is finished, so people buying dust now only screw themselves over for when the game actually launches as they'll just get all that useless dust back.
You are assuming wrong. Seriously, why people have this strange idea that there is going to be another wipe? Hearthstone did a second wipe at the end of OB? No. TES Legends did? No. Shadowverse did? Nope. Eternal? Nada.
Then why Gwent should?

Hematomas;n8847810 said:
Agreed. I'm pretty sure this would be the case - probably not for this patch though cause of the twitter announcement...

the twitter announcement never said that they will refund all copies of a card. just that refunds will be using scraps and not meteorite dust.

in fact, even at the original stream, it was never apparent HOW refunds are going to happen, just that they will, and they will affect "nerfed" cards (not "changed")

Laveley;n8846090 said:
I dont think its honest for a company release an information and than change it and basically f@ anybody who made decisions based on that info.

Sadly, that's pretty usual thing in gaming industry these days.
You've just described 98% of all preorder games.

Last edited:
MooshieMooshie;n8846860 said:
So, just to do the math really quickly, you'd have to buy 363 kegs ($420) to be able to craft 25 normal Tibors (at 55 scrap a keg) then pay $125 for dust to transmute them all. So if you wanted to abuse this method to get all of the legendaries in the game that are not free you'd have to spend about $500 (as you'll probably get lucky and open some legendaries that are going to be nerfed). This doesn't seem like much of an exploit to me.

Right, not sure I'd want them all for 5 bucks total either. Collecting them is what keeps me entertained.

Bugii;n8848890 said:
Sadly, that's pretty usual thing in gaming industry these days.
You've just described 98% of all preorder games.

Sadly, i have to agree. But i still have faith on cdpr.

It's rather amusing how people keep saying buying kegs makes Gwent P2W and now that people could potentialy abuse the system to gain ANY card they want faster with money people are against limitation because they could benefit with it too, simply insanely less.

Any1 who says Gwent isn't generous enough and is complaining that they still dont have the decks they want are greedy.. Clearly none of them played HS.. HS=pay2win..

I have to agree that getting refund in scraps+powder seems reasonable since that's what was put into crafting (I somewhat doubt that there are people who are so enthusiastic about premiums that they would spend 1600 scraps to craft one).
On the other hand, what's your problem with people (including you) having the means to craft some additional cards? From a player's perspective, it's a good thing imho- more cards means more variability. Actually I wouldn't really care if everyone was given every card right from the start, maybe the ladder wouldn't feel so monotonous (granted, from business perspective it clearly isn't the best idea but that's not of my concern).

P.S. I would also accept if we were given no refunds... I mean, it is obvious that the game will see some changes over time (especially in beta), so why should the devs refund us for doing their job and balancing the game? We're all aware that the cards are subject to change.

I get what you mean, and I actually do agree. The only problem is people who actually bought the premium cards with 1600 scrap. I would prefer getting those 1600 scraps instead of 800 and 400 MP. I don't really think it will be that much of a problem though. Most people are F2P and will not spend much money anyway, even though they get this really good deal. and who cares if some people with a lot of money will spend some on MP to "abuse" the deal. You can only have 4 golds and 6 silvers anyway. so they will not have too much of an advantage.

I dont care who is buying all the gold cards, this is not pay2win because my only enemy is NG deck eficiency that draw tibor in the last round.

It was a massive oversight or a short-term gain greedy move. I am heavily learning towards the former.

I have a feeling someone agreed at CDPR without really thinking through what they agreed to, and when they realized it was a mistake it was too late.

It's a bit of a piss off to me because I am likely going to get paid the day AFTER patch day (assuming it is Mon/Tue) and won't be able to 'abuse' their refund policy. It is such a massive boon to anyone who has the money/resources for it as you can essentially purchase scraps with real money at a really lucrative rate.

It should 100% be if you used powder to upgrade a legendary, you should get 800 scrap + 400 powder, not 1600 scrap. You get back what you put into it - hence the term 'refund'.

Top Bottom