Change the Premium Card Refund

+

Change the Premium Card Refund

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4RM3D;n8845010 said:
for players who buy stuff, this is a huge gain

Let it be, whatever, they'll support the development of the beta, even if they use this "exploit". I don't mind other players having more cards as long as the game is balanced / matchmaking is working properly.

Totally agree with the initial post.

As for people who complain they already upgraded many cards, no one made you do it, you could have just as well waited for the patch (to be sure of the changes) and upgrade them and mill them afterwards.

Frankly I don't think so many gold cards are getting nerf & about players who's spending money I think they already got so many or at least enough golds form kegs or from scraps.

Another Important thing is you have only 4 golds par deck so it's not like you are going to create 25 gold card deck if own every gold.

And lastly most important thing is... having more golds not makes sure win but good gameplay & strategy is, yehh having more options is always good but we know there are only few golds from every faction are famous & most of the players using those only so I don't see any problem giving 1600 scraps as at least its going to help every new player to create good deck.

So I am supporting 1600 scraps Idea.

Last edited:
So without reading this whole thread, what you're telling me is, if I already have a Premium Tibor, after the patch I'll be able to mill it, get a regular Tibor, and another gold of my choice?

frbfree;n8855800 said:
So without reading this whole thread, what you're telling me is, if I already have a Premium Tibor, after the patch I'll be able to mill it, get a regular Tibor, and another gold of my choice?

Yep. CDPR made an oopsie, and now they are essentially forced into following through with it.

I'm sure 10 minutes after whoever typed it on facebook/reddit/whatever did a /facepalm as they realized how easily this refund policy can be abused. The only plus for them is that it is still early in open beta and even if some people get a massive boost to their collections by throwing a bit of money at the game, the damage won't be as bad as if they did this at full release.

With this apparent blunder and the possibility of CDPR going back on some of their 'completed' patch changes next week on the stream, the CDPR team is looking a bit amateur compared to the HS team currently, in my eyes at least.

That said, I think this can all be summed up as growing pains and the future for Gwent is still very bright. The team overall is awesome and seems to have a hit on their hands. The change to scrap values especially was a great change.

Last edited:
jamai36;n8855880 said:
Yep. CDPR made an oopsie, and now they are essentially forced into following through with it.

I'm sure 10 minutes after whoever typed it on facebook/reddit/whatever did a /facepalm as they realized how easily this refund policy can be abused. The only plus for them is that it is still early in open beta and even if some people get a massive boost to their collections by throwing a bit of money at the game, the damage won't be as bad as if they did this at full release.

Well, really, other than Tibor, which Gold are you gonna see a full refund on?

Although, I guess that if I have 400 powder laying around, an upgrade to Premium Calveit would be a smart play.

Last edited:
RNR, Drought, and Kayran are also getting a nerf, and they will have a list of cards in the patch notes that are eligible for a refund... If you're interested in that kind of thing....

Last edited:
So in other words you get refunded on 4 gold cards provided you made them premium, thus being able to get 8 non premium gold cards out of them. It's not nearly as OP as you might think.
In reality 99% of the players that know about this will only be able to manage to make one or two premium versions of the nerfed cards. It really is not a big deal at all.

staycool.;n8857230 said:
So in other words you get refunded on 4 gold cards provided you made them premium, thus being able to get 8 non premium gold cards out of them. It's not nearly as OP as you might think.
In reality 99% of the players that know about this will only be able to manage to make one or two premium versions of the nerfed cards. It really is not a big deal at all.

I agree completely, if anything I think this is a good thing especially for people who are new or struggling to make a competitive deck. It allows you to get other golds you may have been missing or wanting to try, or a few silver units to round out a deck making for better competition.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at the score... It's about 50-50 with a small lead for my original suggestion. To be honest, I thought that more players would oppose the idea of giving 1600 scraps back. Well, at the very least, CDPR will please more players then, which is a good thing, I suppose.

I don't think it's a good idea to change the mill values. They said 1600 scraps for premium golds and it should stay that way. I would be worried that I can't trust them anymore if they change it.

My premium Kayran, Tibor and poor Pete just waiting to get me free scraps, so no, I dont want it changed.
a word once given...

But, for people who thinks its unfair, I suggest when patch finally released, in the beginning of the game message will pop up (trollololo voice):
"hello all humanses!! do you wanna get 1600 scraps and live you whole life knowing you have cheated, or do you wanna just refund 800+400".
And if you select second variant you get 1 scrap, 1 dust and 1 keg as a bonus for being a noble man))))

I suppose they will end keeping their word, but will only refund 1 single gold copy.

Gaunter O'Dimm would say: "They should have worded the wish better...":comeatmebro:

I believe the 1600 scrap would actually benefit CDPR as the players who have already purchased kegs and have stopped buying will be yet again tempted to buy (meteorite dust) to benefit from this exchange. Those that are new can also have the benefit of catching up to the 'pioneers'.

This community with posts like these just makes me sad, something that would benefit the whole community letting more people getting access to more golden cards and still some people bash it. Mindblowing.

up coming Patch refund's system question

i have like 900 MP + 1800 S
i really want to craft RNR + Drought and make both premiums to get extra 1600 S after milling it , in the other hand i really scared from that CDPR maybe change their minds and i'll lost all my MP for no reason , so what do you think about that ?

OvaPick thread merged

Peruse this thread for some opinions related to your question.

My opinion has already been stated. However, I will clarify the risks:

1) The cards won't get nerfed (unlikely, though)
2) Only one refund per card; no additional copies (which doesn't matter for your case)
3) The cards won't give 1600 scraps, instead, you'll get scraps + MP (meaning you'll at least get the MP back)
4) CDPR decides to change or remove the refund one way or another (also unlikely)

In the end, you're pretty safe.

I pulled a Tibor from a Keg yesterday. I already had a Premium Tibor. So I guess the premium is pure profit now. I also have 400 MP to spend on animating another card, but since there is no way of knowing which cards they will offer a full refund on (even Tibor isn't guaranteed, I guess), I'm not sure where to spend it. Drought and RNR seem safe, but I don't know.

Top Bottom