Change the Premium Card Refund

+

Change the Premium Card Refund

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sry, 4RM3D, but whilst I normally like your suggestions - this one is a miss for me. What does anyone as a player lose from the current refund system? Nothing. One can only argue that it helps others to complete their collections. Is that really a problem to anyone? Shame on you then....

I vote for 1600 scraps. I am going to mill my animated RNR and Tibor to receive more scraps and I am not ashamed of it. Why? They gave their word and it should be honored.
The thing is that I really had these cards before the news of nerf and refund came out, so, just going to use this for my benefit.
I guess the whole fuss is ONLY about those users who are ready to spend some $200 and buy more powder to use the exploit. Well, technically this will benefit them in terms of cards number. But this will also benefit CDPR with profit for powder. So, no real problem here in terms of money.
The only possible issue will be the fact that these users will have bigger versatility of decks and cards in general. But this will not make them infinitely unbeatable anyway. So, I am good with this.

Look, CDPR profits from this and it's perfectly fine and reasonable. Players profit form this, and it's perfectly fine and reasonable as well.
Overall as i said people will get 800-1600 scraps in total out of this (since 99% that know about this) won't be able to craft 4 premium verions and that is really not that much, considering most of people crafted those cards as opposed to getting them from kegs that have an abysmal droprate on legendaries, being able to craft 4 more gold cards AT BEST is not an issue. In the end there is no ultimate win card you can craft that will put you at an advantage over the other players because by now people have already crafted all borks, ciris, yens and other cards they needed. If nothing else at least we will see some new decks in casual precisely because people will be able to get new cards because of this.

I plan on using my exploited scraps to build a ST Movement Deck, so I'm not really benefiting at all.

It's fine for me either way (could use the extra scrap). Would be better if there was a record of what cards were crafted with scraps and which were transmuted though.

Scraps+ore=lots of scraps???

*Sorry for bad english
I just didn't get it, u created legal abuse, which gives any player possibility create lost of scraps by purchasing ore? Who will buy kegs, if there such a cheap way to get all cards which anyone needs? ex. Cahir, 800 scraps, 400 ore = 1600 scraps, for 7200 ore = 14400 scraps... Devs plan another wipe?

MrA1r;n8900750 said:
*Sorry for bad english
I just didn't get it, u created legal abuse, which gives any player possibility create lost of scraps by purchasing ore? Who will buy kegs, if there such a cheap way to get all cards which anyone needs? ex. Cahir, 800 scraps, 400 ore = 1600 scraps, for 7200 ore = 14400 scraps... Devs plan another wipe?

You mean Meteorite powder. Not Ore.

Just enjoy it. It will only be around for these five days.

MrA1r;n8900750 said:
*Sorry for bad english

devs increases sales of powder.

Mystikast;n8903620 said:
This is ripe for abuse, has been abused, and will continue to be abused.

It needs to be fixed, now.

Players use the refund system to get a complete collection whilst paying lots of $ to CDPR.

So in summary:
- Players willing to spend some $ benefit by getting better access to the cards they really want
- Players not willing to spend some $ benefit by turning their now nerfed cards into fresh new legendaries
- Players not interested in premiums benefit by turning them into scraps
- CDPR benefits by making a good amount of cash (you still have to pay way more than you would pay for a regular full-price game to get a complete legendary set)
- Literally nobody has an objective disadvantage
- Envious ppl may complain, because others might get more out of it

Srsly, guys - just enjoy some free stuff. CDPR has certainly done the math and decided that the increase in scrap-value + the full refund system is not harming their sales value (on the contrary). So don't make a fool out of yourself by claiming the opposite. It is something they are well aware off and that they accept.

Mystikast;n8903620 said:
This is ripe for abuse, has been abused, and will continue to be abused.

It needs to be fixed, now.

I couldn't care less. There is no equality anyway in such a game. The game seems to be more stable now. I hope this continues and then I will buy some kegs as a reward and the campaign if it will be released. I don't need a full collection for several hundred bucks or alternatively buying powder to abuse the system however. Sooner or later I'll get all popular cards anyway.

soph912;n8909210 said:
I couldn't care less. There is no equality anyway in such a game. The game seems to be more stable now. I hope this continues and then I will buy some kegs as a reward and the campaign if it will be released. I don't need a full collection for several hundred bucks or alternatively buying powder to abuse the system however. Sooner or later I'll get all popular cards anyway.

You might not care, but other players do; specifically those who don't have the money to spend to exploit it.

Those players who put out big bucks now would have an exponential advantage than they would if this exploit weren't in use. Hundreds of dollars of difference.

Well after the patch I almost have all cards in the Monster and ST factions :) and was able to craft three viable decks for NR, Monsters and ST.
Before the patch I only had enough cards for Spell'tael.

Btw I only bought 7 kegs way back as a sign of support for the game.

Edit: People who spent money to exploit this didn't gain an advantage over me (the only advantage is that they filled up their collection faster). I'm a few scraps away from a new SK deck and since I don't play NR I don't really care about those cards.

Last edited:
In today's live stream, the devs have confirmed that premium refunds will be changed to scraps AND meteorite powder. This will bring more balance, less abuse and less P2W. Good job, CDPR!

myc24

Forum regular
The change to dust from scraps on premium cards?

So what about the people that did'nt have dust and spent 400 scraps to make a rare premium? LAst patch full value was offered so why was that changed? The way it was communicated was a little confusing and they made it seem as if we would get the scraps and dust. I'm really not complaining to much but I felt as if they were being a little misleading and not very clear in regards to this. So instead of getting the 400 for a rare prem. we get 80 + 200 dust. I can see how someone that spent the 400 scraps for the card may be a little dissappointed

Last edited:
myc24;n9083390 said:
I can see how someone that spent the 400 scraps for the card may be a little dissappointed

That argument is invalid. You've invested 400 scraps to create a premium card. Now, you get 80 scraps and 200 powder back with which you can make another premium card. Is a 1 on 1 trade without any loss. The only ones complaining about this are those that abused the system by converting powder to scraps, which was not the intended purpose and also the reason why I've made this thread (which I have merged your post into).

myc24

Forum regular
Yeah I see your point. In the long run, for the health of the game I do agree this is the way to go. I guess I just missunderstood them when the stream was on and had assumed it was going to be the same as last time. In the end this is the smarter way to go. I didnt abuse the system last time but I did benifit from it pretty nicely. So I am happy either way.

Full refound on 0.9.8 patch (not at all)

" The cards on the list, when milled, will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value. "
NO there're NOT give the same amount of scraps and powder EQUAL...
For e.g. if you have a gold-premium version of Succubus and you will mill her you will get +800 scraps / +400 powder instead of 1600 scraps.
So, people that have premium golds will get a sh1t !!!
I know they did it to prevent people from getting full collection through chain mill-craft with powder but this isn't a full refound.
That's just awful for those that got kegs and luckly opened some premium golds and still wanted to have the classic gold version.

They should have think that problem before they offer powder via real money and all this sh1t about premium versions of the cards.
Some ppl maybe didn't spend money for powder and used scraps instead...
So, why those have to get back only half of their scraps + powder that didn't even wanted ?!
The option had to be scraps refound if you spend scraps on those or half scraps + full powder if you spend powder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom