Change weather effects. (I don't like it)

+
Change weather effects. (I don't like it)

I think its stupid that your opponent can play a weather card a when you use clear skies it only sets your cards back to their base strength and not the buff strength that it was previous. Weather cards are basically D-bomb. Weather effects should be temporary and clear skies should just get rid of weather and set the strength to what it was before any weather card was used.

If your non-weather-immune unit was damaged before the weather card was played, removing the weather will reset your unit.
Then again, you can also re-buff units damaged by weather

If weather effects does not reset the unit's strength, then they would become pointless and everyone would be using First Light/Clear Sky. Weather effects might be annoying, but so is pretty much every spell when used at the right moment, like Scorch, Igni, D-Bomb, Poison.

gnarbrag;n7211430 said:
Then again, you can also re-buff units damaged by weather

Wow, say easy but hard to do. Opponents always wait for you use all your buff card then they play weather card at the end.

I feel like they're a little on the OP side as well. I think they should cut the power of units in half instead of reducing it to 1. For some context: a frost card is power equivalent to Philippa Eilhart. I say equivalent because Phil's row can be chosen, but Frost, or all single weather, are also a bronze cards, and commons at that. I think for what they are: they're too tilted. If the effectiveness is desired to be kept as is: then they should at least be silver cards, and bump up the dual weather cards to gold. This presents some minor issues for fog decks, but monsters have plenty of other sources of fog available.

s1eepy;n7211710 said:
I feel like they're a little on the OP side as well. I think they should cut the power of units in half instead of reducing it to 1.

Interesting suggestion, but that does create some balance issues.

1) If used on buffed units, the Clear Sky would be pointless, because the unit isn't damaged.

2) Then if used on a row without buffed units, the effect would be (too) little.

For me weather should be applied only once... I mean if any one use rain & if opp. buff their unit after that & 2nd rain should not be applied on that as rain effect is already there.

In simple, Use Rain > Effect is on board > Again play Rain > NO effect to any card as rain is already there so same weather effect is only going to work if it's clear already.

Sorry for my English but I hope you understand the point.

4RM3D;n7211750 said:
Interesting suggestion, but that does create some balance issues.

1) If used on buffed units, the Clear Sky would be pointless, because the unit isn't damaged.

2) Then if used on a row without buffed units, the effect would be (too) little.

Yeah; I'd thought about 2). I think it isn't as bad as we think though. Maybe if the reduction rounded up on the half so Poor Infantry would still go to 1 instead of 2, that might be enough to even the numbers disadvantage. I wanted to jump to this right away until i started looking at the numbers; it's still pretty significant, especially given that low power decks tend to swarm; the effect is actually more useful on those kinds of decks than the one running a couple of big creatures. Which I think makes sense.

1) I don't think weather should be the defacto buff end-all to begin with. There are other sources for stripping them. Dimeritium Bomb, for instance. We just see weather being used for it all of the time because it can be spammed, and is more effective than most of the other CC because it handles everything except gold cards. There are also decks that do increase the base attack of units instead of buffing them, and decks that still do run high base creatures. I still think clear skies is useful to a number of decks for it's intended purpose. For a deck that is buff heavy, yeah, it's not as useful, but let's say someone plays two rains on your 40 power unit: it's now down to 10. So it still allows for duplicates of weather to retain a usefulness befitting their bronze card typing.

Has anyone considered having weather only effect bronze units, not silvers? It'd differentiate it from DBomb more effectively I think, and much of the power plays it's used to counteract use bronze units anyway so it wouldn't really nerf it hugely, but being able to keep the full strength of a silver unit would help it not just kill a row.

DEERCG;n7211480 said:
Wow, say easy but hard to do. Opponents always wait for you use all your buff card then they play weather card at the end.

Of course they wait. Same as no one uses Scorch if there are only little cards on the board. I rarely use buffs because it doesn't work for me. I may buff a little, but I need to be very careful when and how to do so. And still there is always a risk that my opponent can destroy my plans.

I think it's the fun part of this game. You can never know what is going to happen. Same tactic can win you a game, but you can also loose with it.

IMO weather cards are just fine now.

DEERCG;n7211480 said:

Yeah, that's the trouble with human opponents. They try to win too ;-)

DEERCG;n7211480 said:

Then keep 1 card or so for the end. What if its their last card? Then you get to use your buffs. Planning ahead is everything.

Top Bottom