Changed Configuration settings - Won't Boot anymore

+
Changed Configuration settings - Won't Boot anymore

Alright, I have a Radeon HD 4870 card on a computer running 64 bit windows vista with 4GB of ram and 2.5GHz dual core CPU.Anyhow, I knew I could get some more juice out of that card (the default settings I'm given are average), so I set it all to max.Once I applied it, I got a black screen error, with vista occasionally peeking through. Now it won't boot the game at all.Aside from re-installing the game, is there any way I can fix it (such as editing some sort of file)?

KageNoShi said:
Alright, I have a Radeon HD 4870 card on a computer running 64 bit windows vista with 4GB of ram and 2.5GHz dual core CPU.Anyhow, I knew I could get some more juice out of that card (the default settings I'm given are average), so I set it all to max.Once I applied it, I got a black screen error, with vista occasionally peeking through. Now it won't boot the game at all.Aside from re-installing the game, is there any way I can fix it (such as editing some sort of file)?
registry entries

regedit or something then?Well, in any case, I was able to get it running. Used Catalyst software to lower resolution on Vista to 1440 x 900 and that allowed me to load up the game for some reason (even though the game itself displayed in 1920 x 1080 resolution).I turned off that shadowing that supposedly only happens in cutscenes, and lowered 'animals' to the average setting. Might have turned off AA, can't remember.Game played quite well.But I'm wondering, is it supposed to look a little grainy, with the visuals (like smoke effects) looking pixelated, or is it because of my resolution?

KageNoShi said:
regedit or something then?Well, in any case, I was able to get it running. Used Catalyst software to lower resolution on Vista to 1440 x 900 and that allowed me to load up the game for some reason (even though the game itself displayed in 1920 x 1080 resolution).I turned off that shadowing that supposedly only happens in cutscenes, and lowered 'animals' to the average setting. Might have turned off AA, can't remember.Game played quite well.But I'm wondering, is it supposed to look a little grainy, with the visuals (like smoke effects) looking pixelated, or is it because of my resolution?
read the FAQ ( linked in my signature )regedit -> CDProjekt RED-> Settings

Top Bottom