Changelist: 1 has stopped working < HELP

+
Changelist: 1 has stopped working &lt; HELP

Hey Guys,

I've looked at the other related posts on the topic but haven't found anything that worked.
I had just started chapter 2 in my GOG EE version of The Witcher 2 today, when during a routine 'load game' moment, my game froze. I forced it to shutdown and didn't think anything of it but now, whenever the game launches and I click past the 2 intro clips, I get slammed with "Changelist: 1 has stopped working" and I can't seem to get around it.

I don't have any AV.
My gfx card and drivers are brand new (just upgraded to a GTX 760 yesterday, because of this game!)
CPU i5-2500K 3.3GHz
8GB of DDR3

I'm stuck :/

-------------------------------

Full crash info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: witcher2.EXE
Application Version: 3.4.4.1
Application Timestamp: 5135ca01
Fault Module Name: witcher2.EXE
Fault Module Version: 3.4.4.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5135ca01
Exception Offset: 003449e4
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030
Additional Information 1: 220e
Additional Information 2: 220e61b8cb44df70a7cb963984e9b9d8
Additional Information 3: 4bae
Additional Information 4: 4bae9944fb4de6314961daaaf735d04d

This one has been a bugger . Are you by any chance importing a save from witcher 1 ? If so then try deleting the W1 save file .

Thanks for the fast response!

I only played about an hour of Witcher 1 a couple of years back, before controls and game mechanics drove me off :)/> I haven't had Witcher 1 installed on this rig at any time and I haven't imported any games either.

Running Win 7 Ulti x64

Just tried a fresh install of the game. No change. Right after I click past the intro, the same crash and error message.

You might try this link for some programs that can interfere with the game .
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26411-fixes-for-21-and-tw2ee-issues-and-142-error-or-w2-stopped-working-update-8192013/

Freakzter said:
Thanks for the fast response!

I only played about an hour of Witcher 1 a couple of years back, before controls and game mechanics drove me off :)/>/>/>/> I haven't had Witcher 1 installed on this rig at any time and I haven't imported any games either.

Running Win 7 Ulti x64

When I first tried to run W2 under my 8.1 UEFI installation, I got the same error running the exe from the pre-installed bin directory; however, the message was from my 8.1 Firewall blocking Changelist1 from doing its thing. I reinstalled W2 (like I should have done but had forgotten to do) and the error disappeared and the game once again ran fine from the launcher. I suspect that since I had not reinstalled W2 my Windows 8.1 UEFI installation firewall blocked changelist1 because it had no idea what it was, etc. When I reinstalled, the firewall had enough info to let it pass. (That's what I think, anyway, for what it's worth.)

Top Bottom