Changelog pt. 1

+
nytiger73 said:
I've read both parts of the change log. I guess we'll see if the Steam overlay is fixed on April 17th. If not, I guess I'll be uninstalling and never looking back. And never buying a CDPR game again. I know this probably sound elitist and cry babyish. But I bought the game on Steam for a reason, and that reason does not work now. So why play if I can't take advantage of those features? Could a dev chime in and confirm whether or not the overlay is fixed, or if it will ever get fixed?

That's totally ridiculous. You realize the Steam overlay can work with practically any game, regardless of whether it's a Steam game? While I agree that they should have fixed it by now, your indignated reaction is unjustified considering you cast your vote in favor of DRM for no legitimate reason. And also gave a fraction of the money you paid for the game to Valve.

EDIT: You can install a friend's GOG copy if you're that bothered.

Shatterbrain said:
That's totally ridiculous. You realize the Steam overlay can work with practically any game, regardless of whether it's a Steam game? While I agree that they should have fixed it by now, your indignated reaction is unjustified considering you cast your vote in favor of DRM for no legitimate reason. And also gave a fraction of the money you paid for the game to Valve.

Why is it an overreaction?

I bought from Steam, but I play all of my games offline - I've no interest whatsoever in the Steam Overlay. But this was something that was "advertised" to Steam customers, and it hasn't worked since the September patch. So it should be fixed.

You get to choose what is important to you, it isn't up to someone else to say "this isn't justified". If it's important to the guy who posted, then he has EVERY right to think that way, and giving feedback to CDPR is a lot more beneficial to the company than simply walking away. Even if only 10% of the Steam customers feel this way, that's a lot of lost sales for TW3 if CDPR get the impression that nobody cares.

You know, instead of nerfing the normal setting of the game it would make much more sense to nerf the harder settings instead, seeing that no hardcore player worth his salt would ever play the game below the hard setting in the first place, it would not even effect them in the least so their complaints would be moot, and their desires fulfilled. Unfortunately, it only seems to me that there are those who want others to force themselves to play that way because they believe that it is the only way for everyone can enjoy the game like they have, which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but only if someone chooses to and are not forced into that decision especially since this is not what they've chosen how to play when they originally purchased the game.

Again, this can be easily implemented via game mode Easy=Casual Gamers Normal=Mid-Normal Gamers Hard/Horrifically Impossible=Everyone else, see? Problem solved... ;)

*Snip*

Redundant info...I'm too verbose sometimes, my apologies for the great wall of text!

All these fixes are great, but there is one that really bugs me and that's the use of overly bright yellows and oranges on the character's skin tone in certain environments. The game starts right off the bat with Geralt and Triss's flesh tone being almost the same color as the tent, which looks awful. In real life, skin doesn't reflect colors like this. I also noticed that in the XBOX trailer that this doesn't exist, so I'm hoping the dev's went back and did some updating on the graphics.

anduril79 said:
All these fixes are great, but there is one that really bugs me and that's the use of overly bright yellows and oranges on the character's skin tone in certain environments. The game starts right off the bat with Geralt and Triss's flesh tone being almost the same color as the tent, which looks awful. In real life, skin doesn't reflect colors like this. I also noticed that in the XBOX trailer that this doesn't exist, so I'm hoping the dev's went back and did some updating on the graphics.

Dude that's because the sun light is bleeding through the red color of the tent. There's a tint on their skin tone whereas the letting is gimped on the xbox version.

Top Bottom