Changelog pt. 1

+
KnightofPhoenix said:
Good, it was too easy.

You mean cakewalk pretty much.

As for the Quen nerf...really most enemies could take it down easily on Insane difficulty, this doesn't change a thing for me.

The only thing I am really worried on Insanity is the Draug battle, not fighting the boss itself but rather fighting as a ghost solider with the parry nerf.

The decision not to improve the PC UI is still inexcusable in my opinion. But otherwise looks very, very good.

eskiMoe said:
The decision not to improve the PC UI is still inexcusable in my opinion. But otherwise looks very, very good.
Wait for second part, there is always hope.

MM360 said:
14. ‘Position’ ability at level 2 now multiplies damage dealt to back by zero.

Wait, does that mean when somebody hits Geralt in the back, Geralt takes NO DAMAGE at all? Cause, you know, any number multiplied by zero is zero :p I believe it should be multiplied by one... Sorry if I misunderstood something and made a fool out of myself :)

@NickScryer "Wait, does that mean when somebody hits Geralt in the back, Geralt takes NO DAMAGE at all?"
That's what i'm also wondering about, i'm confused.
Anyway, the changes seems to be awesome, respect for animals, werewolves and other minor fixes!

Mohasz said:
@NickScryer "Wait, does that mean when somebody hits Geralt in the back, Geralt takes NO DAMAGE at all?"
That's what i'm also wondering about, i'm confused.
Anyway, the changes seems to be awesome, respect for animals, werewolves and other minor fixes!

No. In the original settings, if you had "Position" at level 1, it meant a 150% damage in your back; in level 2, the damage was 100% (so, a backstab meant double the normal damage).
What I think this means is the damage you get NOW from a backstab is the same as what you get from the front, or the sides.

JackintheGreen said:
No. In the original settings, if you had "Position" at level 1, it meant a 150% damage in your back, in level 2, the damage was 100% (so, a backstab meant double the damage).
What I think this means is the damage you get NOW from a backstab is the same as what you get from the front, or the sides.

I'm sure you are right, however the way they said it implies otherwise... But maybe I'm wrong, I suck at math :p Cheers!

JackintheGreen said:
Maybe it was lost in translation, as they say. These things are confusing...
Probably, the Polish version right now just says it's balance fix for level 2 "Position" (without going into any details).

MM360 said:
18. Mahakam Rune Sihil sword is now imported from TW1 game saves to New Game.

"Prior to patch 1.2, there was a bug that prevented importing this sword to The Witcher 2, but it could still be obtained via xml editing.

Mahakaman rune sihil (G'valchir) stats as imported intoThe Witcher 2."

- http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/G%27valchir

Thanks for the change log! Weird, I never had problems importing my Sihil in TW2! Also I never experienced some of those bugs that will be fixed with this EE patch. Cool I can switch off DLCs, goodbye Roche's Commando Jacket, I wanna use my Raven's stuff! :D I am a little worried about Quen being nerfed though, my PC can barely run the game at low details and without a decent Quen I fear I won't be able to kill the Draug anymore... :(

Also, would be great if you could fix the thing that during certain cut scenes I see a default gear rather than mine (it happens, for example, in the cut scene of Geralt talking to Triss at the very beginning of the game, when he gradually dresses himself up with a default jacket and set of swords, it also happens during the scene of Foltest getting killed by Letho and in chapter 3 when Geralt jumps on the dragon using a default steel sword. Please fix if you can!) :)

Nice. REALLY Nice.

I'll love critters and i'm sure i'll love werewolves, but, most of all, i will love fixes :D

Hoping that in pt.2 you'll say that minigame's/ quest's oren reward will be fixed, cause i HATE those inconsistencies.

I'm referring to theese:

- In "Malena" quest the guard's captain after you explored the cave, if you lie and tell him his comrades was slain by monster, tells you've earned your reward, tend his hands to you but no orens are added.

- In "Little Sisters" quest, Maverick give you the money for helping him defeating the ghosts but no orens are added

- In "Blood Curse" when the relic seller ask you orens for the info on the spear head, if you give him the money, no orens are lost from your inventory

- In arm wrestling/ fist fight minigames when you win you receive the correct amount (if you bet 30, you'll receive 60 ) but NO ORENS are taken away from your inventory when betting.

- In the "Fight Club" quest you receive no orens from your "coach" king Ziggy, it's supposed he give you something.

and also this post:

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24496-mmm-itemstatreward-unsubstantially/page__view__findpost__p__727039

I really liked this game, it has a well written story, smooth game controls and solid programming. I also like that it dosent focus on min maxing for character development, also geralt looks way cooler in this game than in the first. There was only one thing that bugged me, which is the arena. it was fun, but not having it tie into the game in any way i think is a mistake. I (personally) dont care about leaderboards or meaningless achievements that dont enhance gameplay or add to the story. To me that sort of thing is just as boring as randomly generated loot drops, it makes the game about watching stat numbers rise in a menu screen. So if you could earn something like access to a hidden area after completing the arena or super armor or something along these lines would be great. WORD

Awesome thanks!
Animals and Werewolves FTW :D
well I don't understand the need to "on/off" DLC..
just for say if I complete the troll quest and then later turn off the dlc and later again on it, will it last or have to do it again..
or will all these be a part of the "EE" now?

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
As someone earlier mentioned, it's probably so you don't have to start with a full set of equipment and items from all those originally store specific promotions.

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
Awesome thanks!
Animals and Werewolves FTW :D
just for say if I complete the troll quest and then later turn off the dlc and later again on it, will it last or have to do it again..
or will all these be a part of the "EE" now?

I think this will switch off the DLC gear and i hope leaves the DLC quests untouched

21. Quen Sign has been significantly nerfed. It now wears off after one or two hits.

What, you mean I'll have to use skill now? Weak!

Barely touched it on my first playthrough, second time I focused on Signs so it got plenty of workout. Couldn't believe how easy the game became when I levelled up a bit and could spam invulnerability... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom