Changing Eredin

+
First of all, I really love the new Eredin, and currently my favourite deck is one with Eredin. Nonetheless, while Eredin is cool he really restricts the design space, because all new engines that will be available for Monsters or Neutral, have to be balanced around Eredin.
Already at this point, the Eredin Ge'els combination is extremly strong. And from my experience, if you win round 1, being at maximum 1 card down and you play Eredin on Ciri in round 2, you will gain 1 card advantage in 90% of all cases and keep the immunity on Ciri for round 3, which isn't bad either.

And even if Eredin might be in a good spot at the moment, I expect it is only a matter of time, until he gets too strong. And because I honestly like his basic concept, I'd wish to safe him the way he is, but just add some kind of counterplay for the opponent, such that there will always be a way to play around him.

My idea would be the following:
Eredin (leader): Summon Eredin to the board for two turns. Charges: 2
Eredin (5): At turn end give self and adjacent units immun for 1 turn.

Eredin is still able to protect key units this way, but only for 2 turns. So the enemy can just wait for those two turns to expire. Eredins total strength shouldn't change that much, and the player can in particular wait to the second last turn of a round to get his full point value.

Scorch, Epidemic and such are good counters. I am not entirely sure how dominating Eredin will become and, as such, I wonder if his ability should be changed.

His ability is preposterous right now - Oppo can't do nothing against it. If it stays like that better make it an Order on the card or tweak D-Shacks so they can be played as an Artifact and when next to immune card to break through the immune and lock it. Lore like. This will give another (cheap!) answer to the problem and will make D-Shacks find actual sense to play.

rrc

Forum veteran
I play a beautiful Franchesca with Scorch and other cool special cards. My last have for today I faced an Eredin and in R3, he/she did Geles + Eredin (after Fiend). But my Scorch won the game. Even if they play around epidemic, Scorch or GIgni can win it. But yes, if you don't have a counter in hand, you are doomed.

My proposal is not too change his ability, but fix him like this: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/lets-talk-about-mulligan-charges.10989811/

2 Mulligan charges.

The wild hunt archetype for monsters is seriously lacking in comparison to its beta counterpart. And I did not think there was an issue with Eredin's old ability to spawn and play a wild hunt unit. I truly believe it would be good for the game if his old ability returned. It would strengthen a currently abysmal archetype, and help with future balancing of monster faction and neutral cards added to the game. Immunity needs to leave Gwent. They removed it from beta for a good reason then strangely added it back into Homecoming.

Last edited:
Scorch, Epidemic and such are good counters. I am not entirely sure how dominating Eredin will become and, as such, I wonder if his ability should be changed.

I'm not very good, but often I am very happy when a player spends all the effort to boost the Eredin immune consume card. That way I can just do my thing, and use Geralt yrden in the end.
Post automatically merged:

His ability is preposterous right now - Oppo can't do nothing against it. If it stays like that better make it an Order on the card or tweak D-Shacks so they can be played as an Artifact and when next to immune card to break through the immune and lock it. Lore like. This will give another (cheap!) answer to the problem and will make D-Shacks find actual sense to play.

Lore wise, immune does not make sense for many units at all. Only werewolves, vampires etc. Lore wise it shouldn't be possible to give other units immune. But for the sake of gwent, it's not too bad. Perhaps some units should not be able to receive immune, if the designers think it's overpowered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom