Changing faction experience

+
I think that this will come out just as a rant but it is more like a "reveal".
I've been an NG and SK ( liked the whole Norse theme ) player for a long time; I started playing gwent with MO, then switched to SY because i liked the whole "crimes and thieves". Today a new week a started, had many scraps and I decided to try a new playstyle so I switched to ST and oh boy was it like a rude awakening.
I've never played oppressive and toxic SK decks and I hated Ball as a card so I always tried to climb the ladder with funny and functional stuff but being on the other side for the first time was a shock.
Played casual - SK netdecks everywhere with a bunch of SY cache and congregation - tried ranked then and the situation was the same. I know understand better why people think some SK cards can be very oppressive and why the entire faction can basically play with any leader without any problems crushing you. I didn't play meme decks either, off meta of course, but not meme. I don't know, I feel like you can't really play anything except netdecks without even standing a chance unless you are really good at deckbuilding ( and I don't consider myself good at it for certain ) and that is making me feel kinda sad especially because i'm not a F2P player and invested lot of money on the game and I don't even have a full collection because I was always very unlucky with kegs and with work, family and uni I don't often feel like playing for hours just to be able to craft a couple of kegs per week.
I won't abruptly quit gwent because i've almost reached level 132 in journey so I guess I will at least try to reach 160 ( not sure of trying for 175 atm because the burnout and the dissatisfaction with the game is starting to boil ) but will almost certainly do after the end of journey.
So that's it, I guess I really had to vent it out, sorry if the post came out longer than I expected.

So basically you didnt like SC?

Your post its confuse.

Today i think the simbyose SC or "spelliatell" one of the best and meta deck thats exist. Also has chirru wich is another meta. So i dont understand whats your blame about SC

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here on this post, but I will say this, I do believe it is important for players to play all factions. You learn a lot about each faction and how to play them . You also learn what your opponents might be trying to set up.

I, myself, especially learned this with SY, as I did not understand how the coin system worked, tribute, hoard, fee, and I was always getting crushed by SY. Now that I learned it after playing it myself, for one, SY is fun, and two, I know what to look out for.

Good that you learned SK from the other side, now learn how to counter it so when you play SK, you know what to look out for.

It was more a post about the current state of the meta and how I felt playing a non SK deck in a long time.
Will try to craft more cards and experiment but as you said at least now I know wha to look out for.

I think that this will come out just as a rant but it is more like a "reveal".
I've been an NG and SK ( liked the whole Norse theme ) player for a long time; I started playing gwent with MO, then switched to SY because i liked the whole "crimes and thieves". Today a new week a started, had many scraps and I decided to try a new playstyle so I switched to ST and oh boy was it like a rude awakening.
I've never played oppressive and toxic SK decks and I hated Ball as a card so I always tried to climb the ladder with funny and functional stuff but being on the other side for the first time was a shock.
Played casual - SK netdecks everywhere with a bunch of SY cache and congregation - tried ranked then and the situation was the same. I know understand better why people think some SK cards can be very oppressive and why the entire faction can basically play with any leader without any problems crushing you. I didn't play meme decks either, off meta of course, but not meme. I don't know, I feel like you can't really play anything except netdecks without even standing a chance unless you are really good at deckbuilding.

SK units/cards have great synergy with almost any leader you pick and with each other, ofc some leaders are better than others some times depending on what the meta shapes up to each time.

Being able to play "Devotion" and literally have an answer to anything your opponents throw on the board while having a really consistent tutor to serve your answers is the main issue and why people hate the way this meta plays atm imo.

Other factions have to play hybrid-neutral decks to get this kind of consistency and in most cases these decks lack the power to get the win cause ofc consistency is not the only thing that players need.

All that leads people to netdecking and conforming with what plays best in each meta, they play whatever can get them the wins they need be it on casual standard mode or ranked and in turn this stifles deck creativity in the majority of cases imo.

Anyways... I don't hate SK and how they play since it's really the devs fault for making them play that way and enabling this kind of powerful point swings and control, I just don't GG any of em.

Last edited:
Yeah I can totally see that. Kinda like having to switch to SK or NR on pro ladder and going, "Well, damn. This is easy." Except the other way around :D Wait till you run into some really annoying NG decks.

Yeah man I don't hate SK too nor I consider any faction unbeatable by any mean but that sinergy, I truly hope every faction could play with all cards working together even by trying different playstyles.

Top Bottom