Changing item names

+
Changing item names

Is there a way to edit item names/ make item names for new items?

localisation_key_name ="item_name_Armor_enhancing_Basilisk_fluid"
localisation_key_description ="item_desc_crafting_ingredient"
icon_path ="icons/inventory/ingredients/Basiliskfluid_64x64.png"

This is an example of a new crafting ingredient I made. I can change the icon and the item description works, but I'm looking for a way to add in a name that shows up in the game.

So I'll need to find a way to localisation_key_name. Is this impossible with the current tools or is there a way?

Guest 2364765

You can freely edit the name and description entries, but they will appear with # infront because they lack locale.
I assume that those are kept in .W3strings for each language.

You can freely edit the name and description entries, but they will appear with # infront because they lack locale.
I assume that those are kept in .W3strings for each language.
This is the complete entry I have, but in game it only says "crafting component".
<!-- -->
<item
name ="Armor enhancing Basilisk fluid"
category ="crafting_ingredient"
price ="2"
weight ="0.02"
grid_size ="1"
stackable ="100"
localisation_key_name ="item_name_Armor_enhancing_Basilisk_fluid"
localisation_key_description ="item_desc_crafting_ingredient"
icon_path ="icons/inventory/ingredients/Basiliskfluid_64x64.png"
>
<tags> CraftingIngredient, mod_crafting
</tags>
<base_abilities>
</base_abilities>
</item>

What are you saying I should change here so that it shows #Armor enhancing Basilisk fluid ? Right now it doesn't even say anything :cirisad:

Guest 2364765

Perhaps localization is handled differently in inventory than in main menu.
Try leaving localization keys empty.

When i edit options menu matrix i can add new names, but since they lack locale they appear with # infront of the name i set.

Perhaps localization is handled differently in inventory than in main menu.
Try leaving localization keys empty.

When i edit options menu matrix i can add new names, but since they lack locale they appear with # infront of the name i set.
When I leave them empty, only thing that changes is the description disappearing, since I had a working description (used for crafting gear and items -> crafting component) before.

Btw, send me that code for your arena mod, I wanna try it out.

Guest 2364765

When I leave them empty, only thing that changes is the description disappearing, since I had a working description (used for crafting gear and items -> crafting component) before.

Btw, send me that code for your arena mod, I wanna try it out.
Code's freely available, you just need the password from me.

Has anyone resolved this yet? Because I'm also having the same problem and I've been looking for answers for about 3 days now. the problem is that when I try to change localisation_key_name its no longer getting displayed in the game.

Has anyone resolved this yet? Because I'm also having the same problem and I've been looking for answers for about 3 days now. the problem is that when I try to change localisation_key_name its no longer getting displayed in the game.

Tried downloading it. Now my problem is that I don't know how to extract or where to get the w3string file. I've tried uncooking the dlc10 content folder since it's the folder that I used get the mesh and xml files from(thanks to Marvel Master). But the only csv files that I've found was scene_voice_tags.csv and th1009_quest_levels_copy.csv. What I also don't understand is how come Marvel Master put olympusblade on both localisation_key_name and localisation_key_description on his xml file and it worked when he tested it.

Sorry I'm new to this stuff. Before I was completely satisfied with mods that I've downloaded. But now I want to create my own.
Post automatically merged:

I finally found the answer. I can't believe it was so simple. All I have to do is to change UsePlaceholdersForMissingStrings from false to true. And now its working.

Attachments

• its over 8000.jpg
    its over 8000.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
It seems that I will need to do study on how to create my own w3string file because if I set UsePlaceholdersForMissingStrings=True it somehow messes other things like in combat if I do a counter I get a missing localisation_key_name or if whenever I damage enemies with non critical from the swords that I've added. Although it fixes the name of the swords and armors I've created, it's more annoying to see those missing localisation_key_name. If someone could point me to the right direction that will be awsome. For now I've set UsePlaceholdersForMissingStrings=False while I look for some answers.

Top Bottom