Chaos Reborn

+
Chaos Reborn

Anyone remember Chaos: The Battle of Wizards (J.Gollup. ZX-Spectrum. 1985) ?

No ? Made by the same guys behind the original XCOM, its a game I haven't forgot 30 years later, which makes it one of only a handful so memorable. It was great fun, turn based arena battles between up to 8 spellcasters with the full range of spells you'd expect from illusion to conjuration and destruction. It was like a card game with no cards, in fact when I first saw Magic:The Gathering I thought this was Chaos' spiritual successor. Wouldn't impress these days of course, but it & its creators were certainly innovative & challenging, I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.

Chaos Reborn is a game of battling wizards in which you cast spells and summon creatures in order to defeat your enemy. The game will feature an extensive RPG mode where you can seek knowledge, power and wealth by adventuring in the Realms of Chaos. You will be able to join guilds, trade items and ascend the social ranks in order to become a God.
Chaos Reborn:Wizard King
Currently implemented:
Your wizard will has a special Wizard King Aura in battle
Your summoned creatures have special Royal Skins

Future release:
Everything in the apprentice level - art book, game guide, music
You will get the forgemaster tools to create your own magical equipment
Your wizard will be able to act as a Wizard King ruling over an entire Realm of Chaos
You will be able to design your Realm for other players to adventure in

Your name will be in the credits as a Wizard King Backer

I've just started looking at it, and theres certainly a few bits standout as novel, of course all game PR reads like shit at the minute, but on past performance I'd say this is one to watch.

And Aye Gilrond, they're doing Linux ;)

Top Bottom