Character advancement.

+
Character advancement.

Ok I have looked around on a few guides and such but I havent seen anything that talks much on how the character advancement works in the witcher.This question may have already been answered and if so I dont mind just having replies with links. But my question is this. If for example I buy some of the talents from a steel sword group in level 1 is that replaced should I buy a level 2 talent or is it cumulative?To put it another way. If I buy a level 2 talent after unlocking it is there any point in buying a level 1 or is it a waste of a talent and best spent elsewhere?

I will not swear to absolute knowledge on this, but my impression is that if I buy a level two talent , then I put a bronze in a fancy sword skill in 2, that only gives me that ability in 2, it's not retroactive to 1. so I see it as, if I'm doing a lot of level 1 sword anyway, it makes sense to have that fancy skill in 1 and 2 both, so that the critter gets extra pain no matter whether it was a good level 2 swing of the sword and whack or a level 1 not so powerful swing and whack.I hope that made sense.......

So if I were to but Group Steel 1 and then two and go straight for Precise hit 2 I am not wasting bronze talents by purchasing Precise hit 1 later? The reason if I get you correct is because Precise hit2 would hit or miss but at least Precise hit 1 had a chance to hit in its place if P2 missed?

correct, thats how I understand it and experience it from playing the game. please understand though that this is from simply having played, not from having read it authoritatively in a manual or from a developer.

Ok got you. Thanks for that. Would be nice to get clarification from a dev on this wouldnt it? Just to be sure. Take the hint please devs ;)

Some of what I find particularly fun in this game is the mystery... you are figuring things out along with Geralt... skills come back in bits and pieces, figuring out who to talk to (and how you know them), not easy, being an amnesiac witcher...

Seems that improving skills works like this :Strenght : from I to V, raises up your damage (in %).Strong, Fast, Group, both in Steel and Silver : also do specific damage (among some other bonuses from Evade +% to Stun Knockdown and so on, under specific circumstances.)Let's say in beginning you're at Strenght I (dmg +5%), then with Steel - Strong I, wich does 5-10 dmg. Add 5% to this value.Now, if you put Strong Steel II, you'll get (example, I dont remind exact values) 10-15 dmg. But this will occur only for the second sequence, combo. The damage from the Strong Steel level 2 won't be added when you hit the opponent only once.

Top Bottom