Character Appearances

+
Very important!! Thats whats wrong with Ciri IMO, although she's gorgeous, she has a kind of mature beauty not the girl-like beauty described.

Vysogota knew this kind of beauty – the large eyes of an eternal child, was an appearance that produced in instinctive sympathy. A girl eternal, even when she is twenty, even after her thirtieth birthday had fallen into oblivion. Yes, Vysogota knew this kind of beauty. His second wife was the same. His daughter also.

Very important!! Thats whats wrong with Ciri IMO, although she's gorgeous, she has a kind of mature beauty not the girl-like beauty described.

I KNEW there was a reason I found Ciri's appearance unsettling. That's precisely it. Now I remember why I expected Ciri to look younger!

~_~ ashen blonde isn't actually 'blonde' y'know...

I was actually reading a thread an hour before i wrote that post where you said that, but i thought i'd still mention how people thought Ciri's hair supposedly looked, and the fact that i knew you were browsing this thread. :troll:

You know, after watching this trailer a number of times more, I noticed an inconsistency with Geralt's look. Compare the 1st time they show Geralt at 0:37 or the shot with him Triss and Yen to the Geralt that rolls away and slashes at the red wyvern looking monster at 1:50 of the trailer. At that point, he looks like the Witcher 2 model to me. It looks like there are at least 2 or more different Geralt models in this trailer. Can someone else confirm what I'm saying so that I know I'm not seeing things? Or perhaps do a side by side screenshot comparison?

Last edited:
Well it's a trailer, there's most likely footage taken for a long period of time, and time means different builds of the game, assets change over time.

Give me Triss, please....PLEASE.

That we are losing too much in details?

Well weare waiting for more than 2 years and finally we have less than 10 minutes of how finally characters look in game.

I've said it before elsewhere, but Geralt looks oddly soft. My favorite version of him was in TW2 where he had very sharp, angular features, so seeing this softer face when he's clearly supposed to be older is weird. I don't know if it's the fuller hair or the beard rounding out the jawline, but it bothers me. I'm sure I'll get used to it, especially since they didn't change voice actors, but right now, he looks weird.

Not sure what OP's beef with Triss is, she looks pretty much like in TW2 to me, just a bit more detailed. Lambert and Vesemir are immediately recognizable, which is nice.

The one thing I really hate here is Dandelion. I'm not a huge fan of the previous version either, tbqh, but this... is he supposed to look hispanic now? Completely unrecognizable.

Don't really have an opinion on the others because I haven't read any of the books.

Vezemir, Eskel, Lambert translate beautifully into the new engine.
Triss is pretty much a super-model like in TW2, I did not like the transition TW1->TW2, she looked less like a playboy model in the first game.
But they did it and the TW3 version fits perfectly with TW2 (no matter if I like it or not).
Yennefer: the witcher games only showed her before in the TW2 animated flashback, that fits with the trailer. I think she looks distant/mysterious :D
Ciri: I expected her to look younger but yay+1 for her overall look

But the biggest missing part for me is: what will they say/how will they talk/how will they sound
Once you spend time with someone/talk to his/her appearance changes completely in my mind.
And for me Geralt looks amaze-balls in the trailer when he looks up, all that detail and wear/tear on his face :D

Triss looks magnificent
As does Geralt and Ciri
Yennefer is going to take some getting used to as she's certainly not how i pictured her

Watched the trailer a few times, compared it to the stuff I drew a few years ago while reading the books.
Comparing to the previous games.

Emhyr is 10/10
except for the skin shade the witchers are pretty much nailed!

geralt: hm, skin. and the beard / hair colour, but more the beard . it needs to be grey/white, not grey/black for the simple sake of easier texturing. cmon1! and he looks to well fed, he should have this hungry look about him (meaning more pronounced faicial features, a harder, less pretty face)

triss looks great (would bang)
ciri looks good, more or less exactly as I would have imagined - rights to change this opinion as more footage of her is revealed are hereby reserved
yen - it's difficult to judge from the few frames we get, in the scene her body langauge and most importantly her hair color don't fit. about the facial features, I'll form my opinion once I really see her - she needs to look more stern and far less girlish than triss. In my head i always had triss like geralt's "girl", and yen as geralts "woman" - if the face works out and the hair gets darker, I won't have a real choice but her :cheers:
dan: fits his role :D

overall
impressed

one thing though:
did anybody notice the hair movement of geralt seems like his hair does not weigh anything? it's slightly exaggerated. that's coming from somebody, who has been sporting long hair for a pretty long time

Last edited:

Guest 2013460

Triss is pretty much a super-model like in TW2, I did not like the transition TW1->TW2, she looked less like a playboy model in the first game.
But they did it and the TW3 version fits perfectly with TW2 (no matter if I like it or not).

Well, Triss is a sorceress, she can change her appearance to look younger and svelter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom