Character Appearances

+
I was about to launch into an annoying artistic critique of Crash's methodology, and the folly of mixing fleshy landmarks with bony ones for establishing proportions of the figure. But I'm going to spare you all. :p

Instead, we should consider Geralt is still (likely)a work in progress and the suit of armor he wears really throws off his proportions.

David was created using the "average" proportions of the human body, if I am not mistaken. Deviations could exist though.

Not exactly. David, but also the other statues were based on a human archetype, with a perfect body.
But that kind of perfect body simply doesn't exist in real life.

The guy on the left is 46 years old, and he is called Kane Sumabat. If you imagine him in a leather-padded chainmail armor as Geralt's and standing a bit closer to the camera (since Geralt is closer to Kane in perspective), I think it is safe to say that there is pretty much nothing unreal in Geralt's built/body (not only in this thread, I've also seen this topic arise in a few other places):

That's a very good comparison @Totalimmortal. :) Just add some armor to the guy on the left and he'd look like Geralt.

Tweaked the comparison image a bit, if you don't mind :p:

Aside from the head tilting and slight angle difference, it's pretty much the same pose.

That's a very good comparison @Totalimmortal. :) Just add some armor to the guy on the left and he'd look like Geralt.

Tweaked the comparison image a bit, if you don't mind :p:

Aside from the head tilting and slight angle difference, it's pretty much the same pose.

Hm, when I look at the picture I think Geralt's shoulders are too slender in comparison, especially given the fact that he wear clothes and armor. His rather small shoulders look kind of weird compared to the athletic body of the real guy. And is it just me or are Geralt's hand also too big? That must be some really thick padded gloves. That maybe amplifies the difference to the slender shoulders and the slender upper arms. I mean both shoulders and arms are at least beneath one layer of mail and another layer of cloths and they both already look very slender compared to the real model and compared to Geralts torso. I begin to think that his upper torso/arms region might be the real issue with his weird body proportions.

I also guess Geralt would look more natural in a better armour. The leather protection from the upper torse should cover his lower torso as well. And breast notches are really pointless if you wear mail beneath....

If you think that's unnatural go watch some IFBB pro bodybuilders :D
That's what I also had in mind, but I didn't want to go that path. But then again, if Letho isn't on some anabolic steroids at least, if not HGH/insulin abuse then I would like to know his witcher diet and secrets :p

And is it just me or are Geralt's hand also too big? That must be some really thick padded gloves. That maybe amplifies the difference to the slender shoulders and the slender upper arms
I agree about the shoulder part (but i think making them even bigger would cause an even higher number of 'there is something wrong with Geralt's proportions' posts/thread imo), but his hands are alright, to answer your really thick gloves question, yeah, it's not about the padded part, it's about the LEATHER part, and there are some thick-ass leather there, not surprising since it's in order to protect his most valuable asset, the hands that wield the swords. Seriously though, search thru some medieval/historic knight/hunter/soldier leather gloves, there are those with a glove underneath the gloves (as you can see in the Geralt pic if you look carefully). It's just that the games today have pretty much spoiled us with simplistic but huge-ass platemail armors, that we forget that even the leather-chainmail armors were pretty complicated back in the day with many different parts underneath some areas of the armor itself.

I also guess Geralt would look more natural in a better armour. The leather protection from the upper
Yes, I kinda waited in the demo streams to see Geralt in a different clothing/armor =, or even topless :p just so we can get some variety to judge his body model and built, but I will save my judgment until we get some more material to work with, aka another Geralt gameplay in which he at least wears a different set of armor. :)

Last edited:
Overall i would say that Geralt just looks beefier than usually, especially his face. However he should consider more leg days, never skip leg day.

Maybe Letho gave him some tips during their journey and now he remembers them ;)

Overall i would say that Geralt just looks beefier than usually, especially his face. However he should consider more leg days, never skip leg day.

Maybe Letho gave him some tips during their journey and now he remembers them ;)
His face looks just fat, not beefy... :p

I liked all the proportions.
He looks handsome and badass. Maybe a little bit more weight would be good, but I know he's not heavy. And that beard is really well proportionated. :D

Triss Merigolds Hair

Is it just me or does Triss look like she has an orange-ish red hair colour in the Witcher 3? (From what little we have seen..)

I, myself prefer her more auburn colour hair she had throughout the Witcher 2.

Which do you prefer?
Or is it just my eyesight failing me or the lighting?

Is it just me or does Triss look like she has an orange-ish red hair colour in the Witcher 3? (From what little we have seen..)

I, myself prefer her more auburn colour hair she had throughout the Witcher 2.

Which do you prefer?
Or is it just my eyesight failing me or the lighting?

Imo she should have brown chestnut coloured hair anyway.

And she sould wear it open like a sorceress, not in a bun like a common peasant. :p

Imo she should have brown chestnut coloured hair anyway.

And she sould wear it open like a sorceress, not in a bun like a common peasant. :p

Noooooo!!! Haha
I believe she was basically or more or less perfect in the Witcher 2. Clothing, hair clolour (especially the hair clolour!) and facial features.

I sort of agree about the hair color, but even chestnut is at least as red as it is brown. But Triss in all the games looks like she's been using a little too much henna.

But her elaborate double chignon is in no way a common peasant's working bun. That's the hairstyle of a lady of wealth, taste, and enough leisure to put a lot of time into making her hair look perfect.

Lighting causing Triss' hair to look an orange-ish red.. ? Or ... ??

I really hope her hair is more like in the witcher 2 (a darker red or at times a dark red brownish colour)

Last edited:
Top Bottom