Character Appearances

+
Geralt is Gwynbleidd, the White Wolf, not the Grey Wolf or the Silver Wolf, so his hair needs to be distinctly white.

But we also have to cut the artists some slack on this. Pure white (as well as pure black) in a color space with hard limits exposes the limits of rendering, color encoding, and monitors, in a really ugly way. Nothing they can do will produce hair that is both white enough for sticklers and looks good on Geralt's head.

Geralt is Gwynbleidd, the White Wolf, not the Grey Wolf or the Silver Wolf, so his hair needs to be distinctly white.

But we also have to cut the artists some slack on this. Pure white (as well as pure black) in a color space with hard limits exposes the limits of rendering, color encoding, and monitors, in a really ugly way. Nothing they can do will produce hair that is both white enough for sticklers and looks good on Geralt's head.

You made your point. We will make the most of the maximum degree of white that the developers can offer us and get over it.
But I don't think that the current hue can't be whitened at list a tad more.

White is the way to go. What I have seen so far in the SoD trailer is already great, I really like that sort of "dirty white" color on Geralt's hair, it feels more natural.
But I totally agree on the beard, it's still too dark, CDPR needs to make it a little more white.

Here we go again...

From everywhere I've seen across all 3 games most players have wanted Geralt's hair to be proper white instead of Grey. W1 did it well, W2 messed it up and went for grey while W3 looks to be alright (my preference would be for it to be more white).

In the end though like W1 and W2 I'm sure the community will provide mods to suit people's specific wants for how Geralt's hair should look like.

Answer seems to be obvious. I think this shouldn't even be open for debate. Geralt's hair is and should be white.

No, Yennefer isn't described as "just a pretty woman". She is as stunning as any other sorceress, just somewhat of an unconventional beauty.
you are right, I think i mixed Yennefer with a description Jaskier made of Shani. I´m re reading the books, and in Time of Contempt, when Yennefer takes Ciri to Thanedd, Ciri describes her as "stunningly beautiful" or something like that.

Answer seems to be obvious. I think this shouldn't even be open for debate. Geralt's hair is and should be white.

Yep. In my modest and respectful opinion, the poll doesn't make much sense as it is; naturally, almost everyone will agree that the hair should be white instead of gray. I think it would be better to ask whether one thinks the hair is fine as it appeared in the demo or CDPR should make it whiter.

As it is now, it seems to take for granted that everyone thinks the hair shown was not white enough.

Yep. In my modest and respectful opinion, the poll doesn't make much sense as it is; naturally, almost everyone will agree that the hair should be white instead of gray. I think it would be better to ask whether one thinks the hair is fine as it appeared in the demo or CDPR should make it whiter.

As it is now, it seems to take for granted that everyone thinks the hair shown was not white enough.

If we're talking about how we think Geralt's hair looks in the latest builds, then I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with what we've seen out of the E3 demos.

If we're talking about how we think Geralt's hair looks in the latest builds, then I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with what we've seen out of the E3 demos.

I agree on the hair (and beard), I think it's the right compromise between him being the "White Wolf" and not making it too bright, but I hate to see characters which are supposed to have white hair not due to old age with dark eyebrows. Both Geralt and Ciri suffer from this, and I can't help thinking they look like they're wearing a wig.

Last edited:
I think it would be better to ask whether one thinks the hair is fine as it appeared in the demo or CDPR should make it whiter.

I think that it is obvious that the question is about the degree of white of Geralt's hair in the footages shown until now.
And if you read well, it is possible to express your preference also on beard, brows and iris color.
To me it is useful, because if a lot of people vote, maybe developers could consider the possibility of a hue shift.
Thanks for the feedback anyway! :)

I don't understand why the thread has been moved from "The Witcher 3" to the "Witcher Series".
I'm referring only to The Witcher 3 and I've created the poll only for that game.
I thought it was obvious that I was referring to it.
Maybe I'll edit the opening post to make it clearer.
Please, if you can, move it back where it was, because people who is following only the Wild hunt Threads could not be aware of this poll's existence.
If it stays here it's completely useless.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom