Character Appearances

+
Before we get into topic, let me celebrate the fact the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going to be released on 24th February.... WHICH IS MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!!! :'D

I now believe in destiny :')

Anyways, this thread is to discuss the appearances of characters in the new trailer. Did you like or dislike the changes in appearances?? Do you think that Geralt's hair is getting darker and darker when it's supposed to be white as milk?? How did you like the girls?? Do you find similarity with what the books describe??

Geralt: His face keeps changing and his hair keeps getting darker and this just annoying he should be like he looked in the Witcher 1 just with high graphics and very little changes.
Ciri: She should look younger and have a bit more yellow in her hair.
Yennefer: THE WORST. No raven eyes or black hair. No shockingly beautiful Yennefer that gives a bold and sexy aura.
Triss: Her looks has been exaggerated. Her face looks girly... I don't know. But I know that when I looked at Triss in the Witcher 2 I could see very much similarity with the books.
The Witchers: All great. Thought I don't like the fact that some are wearing heavy plating on the shoulders I don't think witchers need that much protection.
Dandelion: WHAT THE HELL?? He looked so great in the witcher 2!! His new mustache is disgusting :/

Now that I have seen Letho fighting alongside the witchers I'm definitely importing my "Letho Alive" save :)

I like everything except Dandelion's beard, and Yennefers oddly brown hair.

Is it just me ... Or does Eredin's new look seem really weird to you?

That "reddish" color just rubs me the wrong way :p

http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Dearg_Ruadhri

I think Ciri's hair is too white, while Geralt’s is not white enough. Ciri’s design is very beautiful though, and her boots are hot (even if not practical).

Emhyr looks great. I also prefer the new version of Dandelion.

Their interpretation of Yennefer is growing on me but I agree with many others- her face is too soft, she doesn't have striking features. Her eyes could be larger, or a different shape; they don't look all that interesting or intense. I think her eyebrows should be at more of an angle, instead of straight across. They need more of an arch; that would help. And her hair should be darker.

Triss has a very "airbrushed", superficial look (especially in the shot of her standing with Geralt and Yennefer). And her hair is too orange.

Is it just me ... Or does Eredin's new look seem really weird to you?

That "reddish" color just rubs me the wrong way :p

I'm OK with the colour, but on the assumption that there's a living being under all of that, I have the same questions as I always do in such circumstances.
What happens if he gets an itch?
Or eats something that disagrees with him and needs to, ummm, get quick access?
And does he sleep in that?

Ah, those fantasy costumes... I've had the same questions ever since I first saw Batman.

Was it ever confirmed that they redesigned Eredin?

http://blog.cdp.pl/2014/08/13/nowe-materialy-z-wiedzmin-3-dziki-gon-prosto-z-gamescom-2014/
The name of the image is The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt-Wild_Hunt_Generals.jpg.

I'm taking a stab in the dark here but maybe Eredin, Imlerith and Caranthir are just generals and the other dude isn't Eredin but their leader? It's a bit weird though since from what I remember from the books and what was hinted at in the games the leader of the Wild Hunt is Eredin but then again he wasn't the only head figure of the Aen Elle.

Maybe the initial version we saw is his super sayan form or something :p

Nevermind, took a better look at his armor design and it has a lot in common with the redesigned one.

I like everything except Dandelion's beard, and Yennefers oddly brown hair.
Brown? They're violet in the Sword of Destiny trailer.
And they're blue with a slight hint of violet in the artwork here: http://blog.cdp.pl/2014/08/13/nowe-materialy-z-wiedzmin-3-dziki-gon-prosto-z-gamescom-2014/

Last edited:
I think they've struggled with Eredin. His current design is lacking compared to his generals, both of whom have a distinct look while his has become more generic.

While I'm not completely sold on his current design the more I look at his old one the sillier the pauldrons and helmet look.

looks like the same armor, he just removed a few pieces. i mean i don't think they're going to redo that cutscene with new models. or maybe they will.

Is that really the new version? It doesn't look bad, but I thought the first one looked awesome. I would understand if they want him to look less bulky, but at the same time, that's partly the reason he looks so intimidating. And the original helmet is way too awesome.

the more I look at his old one the sillier the pauldrons and helmet look.
Yes, they are very impractical: huge paudrons hinder movement, that structure of the helmet puts a lot of unnecessary strain on the neck, and the helmet would get blasted open with an Aard easily.
However, characters like Sauron should be beyond all that, they are supposed to be mystical, not practical. To me, the new model doesn't look as menacing and awe inspiring as the previous version. I'd be relieved if that turns out to be one of the knights, not the leader.
On the other hand, I'm quite aware that
Eredin is no where near Sauron tier. Ciri owned him when she was a teenager, it'd be funny to see a guy who looks like Sauron but gets slapped around by Geralt
so I kinda understand the devs' decision if they redesign Eredin.
but then again, it's Ciri, Sauron would probably get beaten by her. The biggest mary sue whom I think would likely ruin the story if writers don't handle this character with care
Also those swords, they look really bad. I hope they dont make it to the final version.

Hm,
On one hand I understand that the difference in colour is supposed to highlight him as an idividual, and that the might have had this problem with the previous design (he did not "jump out" enough for a strong leader).
On the other hand, I feel the disruption in the colour scheme of the generals (metallic grey, white and black) is not a very skillful choice. The colour scheme makes them look like armours come alive, one being - it fits the supernatural phenomenon, come to end the world athmosphere they want to spread to further increase the enemy's fear. Compared to the other armours, Eredin looks almost klind and nonlethal.

Maybe they should instead have gone a different route and given him another weapon (two almost identical swords might not serve the purpose of differentiation really).

the helmet design was kinda ridiculous though, but the faceplate looked really epic, they should consider keeping that?

Not sold on his design yet - anybodys constructive input?

Not sold on his design yet - anybodys constructive input?

My two cents: I think the red colour on Eredins armor is there to emphasize what Wild Hunt really is: Dearg Ruadhri or Red horsemen. My impressions from the books are that Eredin prefers fast fighting style, this new desing looks like it was suited for something like that. While I agree that he lost some of his charm with this new design, I think that this new armor is more fitting for him and more believable while still making him look like some kind of skeletal warrior.

Top Bottom