Character Appearances

+
Why has King's design been changed?

OLD DESIGN

NEW DESIGN

The one in the fire is awesome, and I still don't think they are the same person.
They still show this guy in the SoD trailer, he is a different wild hunt guy I think;)
I like them all.

Last edited:
My two cents: I think the red colour on Eredins armor is there to emphasize what Wild Hunt really is: Dearg Ruadhri or Red horsemen. My impressions from the books are that Eredin prefers fast fighting style, this new desing looks like it was suited for something like that. While I agree that he lost some of his charm with this new design, I think that this new armor is more fitting for him and more believable while still making him look like some kind of skeletal warrior.

Well if they wanted to emphasize the Wild Hunt as the "Red Horsemen", why make only the leader's armor be red?

It's just out of place I think, I like the new Helmet, but he doesn't look as menacing anymore ... Even though if the armor is more "practical".

Nitpick related to his armor color: correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it just their cloaks that were red in the books?

View attachment 5951

But yes, you're right it was only the cloaks in the books. I like this new look, although I thought the old faceplate was slightly cooler.

Attachments

• NO CAPES.jpg
    NO CAPES.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 43
Is it just me ... Or does Eredin's new look seem really weird to you?

That "reddish" color just rubs me the wrong way :p

I like the new design very much. The red tint on his armour makes it look like a person's exposed muscles; along with the skull helmet and the ribcage decoration, he has the appearance of a flayed man.

I can only imagine the terror his imposing presence would instill in soldiers and common people, and I can't wait to see the effects of the lighting from fires and sunlight on his armour.

I like the new design very much. The red tint on his armour makes it look like a person's exposed muscles; along with the skull helmet and the ribcage decoration, he has the appearance of a flayed man.

I can only imagine the terror his imposing presence would instill in soldiers and common people, and I can't wait to see the effects of the lighting from fires and sunlight on his armour.

That's one way to look at it, but I don't know, I will wait to see this new model "in-game" first before I completely judge it.

To me, the new model doesn't look as menacing and awe inspiring as the previous version. I'd be relieved if that turns out to be one of the knights, not the leader.
There could be some twist thrown in there that we are just not aware of yet. This being the Witcher world I'd say anything is possible. For all we know Avallac'h is the one calling the shots,not Eredin.

Speaking of the Wild Hunt, whatever happened to this one?

From the game stop description http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/114064 -
"In The Witcher 3 an ancient evil stirs, awakening. An evil that sows terror and abducts the young. An evil whose name is spoken only in whispers: the Wild Hunt. Led by four wraith commanders, this ravenous band of phantoms is the ultimate predator and has been for centuries. Its quarry: humans. "
:hmm:

Long white hair, possibly female? Or, he/she could be a wild card that CDPR are keeping hush about for plot reasons. I could see Ciri taking one of them out during her escape from capture. That would explain this one's absence after the WH arrives in pursuit of Ciri.

Then again, I might be speculating for naught and this WH concept is nothing more than that, a concept that was discarded. However, with the initial reveal of the 4 Dearg Ruadhri and the GS description I posted above, I cannot help but wonder if there still is a fourth WH member we have yet to see. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I loved Witcher 2 Geralt, he looked so badass there. Witcher 3 Geralt looks a bit chummy. His jaw is so wide makes him look like he ate too much cake ;D I just want the Geralt from VGX trailer, someone should mod that Geralt in :)
View attachment 6114

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 36

I like it too... It must have took him at least ten hours to put all that on lol...

Eredin The king of Wild Hunt (Design change?)

Hello all. I haven`t bin following a lot about The Witcher in the lost 2/3 months and i have to ask, was the design of King of the Hunt changed? If so may i ask why? I thought that the design for Sword of Destiny and VGX trailer was just perfect. I am not a fan of the new one (if it is a new one). I`m not angry ore anything, i`m just asking why change the perfection. Anyway if he really was changed, can we get the perfection back? Thank you for reading.

PS: Sorry for my English.

Hello all. I haven`t bin following a lot about The Witcher in the lost 2/3 months and i have to ask, was the design of King of the Hunt changed? If so may i ask why? I thought that the design for Sword of Destiny and VGX trailer was just perfect. I am not a fan of the new one (if it is a new one). I`m not angry ore anything, i`m just asking why change the perfection. Anyway if he really was changed, can we get the perfection back? Thank you for reading.

PS: Sorry for my English.

Either design choices or they thought the Sauron comments were just.

Just seeing this for the first time. That's one enormous design downgrade, esp. When the other generals now look cooler/more menacing than the leader. It doesn't change how I feel about the game but the main antagonist is now more ordinary looking than super villain. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom