Character Appearances

+
I thought there was a little too much similarity between Triss and Ciri, although the brief appearance of Ciri makes it uncertain.
And yes, agree that if that was Yen her hair was the wrong colour. Other than that, I was OK with her looks.

I'm ok with it as well. Ok. But given their respective personalities, shouldn't Yen be the more striking and imperious of the two? She looks timid next to Triss. And they must give her curly, long black hair, I mean come on...

Last edited:
Might as well say it now, my old concern with the girls stays: they look same-ish.
I have to be honest, I noticed it here as well. It seems to be more apparent than in TW2 - because at least there Ves and Saskia had unique facial attributes.

Still, there is a long time before we get our hands on the game, so nothing is set in stone. One can always be optimistic. ^_^

But given their respective personalities, shouldn't Yen be the more striking and imperious of the two? She looks timid next to Triss.

I'm prepared to reserve judgement on that. She looked capable of looking imperious. Wait until after E3....

Triss: To me she had her features a bit exaggerated (couldn't find a better word to describe it), kind of like she did in the early W2 trailers, I would go for more subtle features, and the only thing that actually bugs me in all character's appearance is her hair, to me its too orange and seems a bit unnatural, it should be darker and closer to auburn, like this:
http://www.remyhumanhairlacewigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/soft-hair.jpg
hmm... you say Triss' new hair is too orange and then you post your ideal example but her hair is orange and not red at all, while Triss' hair is as red as red gets.

hmm... you say Triss' new hair is too orange and then you post your ideal example but her hair is orange and not red at all, while Triss' hair is as red as red gets.

This is my ideal Triss-Red. Somehow that dark red hair tone just turns me on, I don't know why, but she looks absolutely beautiful with it:

Triss' hair is as red as red gets.

The thing is I think thats too red, Triss has auburn hair and blue eyes in the books, and her hair is her most defining feature, but CDPR has chosen to portray her as a redhead and I have no problem at all with that, but to me it doesn't look very natural in the trailer, it seems too bright, the kind of color you get from dye, the one I posted would be my particular choice for her hair color, redish auburn( a bit closer to the books)

I personally loved the new Triss; I think she looks awesome. I think Geralt looks different from what all the previous trailers showed him to look like, which confuses me. I think the Geralt in the Killing Monsters trailer was pretty much ideal look-wise. But it could be lighting or angles or whatever that make him look so different. As for Ciri, I had no preconceived notions about what she looked like (haven't read the books yet), so can't really make a judgement there. I thought Yennefer wasn't that attractive, but we only got one, 2 second look at her (and it could be because I like Triss so much :teeth:). And I agree with the black hair. However, her hair DOES look curly to me in the trailer. Just my thoughts. The trailer was incredible, though! Awesome job CDPR!

My only real complain is Yenn. She looks too mellow and unstriking for somebody who has temperament of a raging volcano. She needs her hair and sharper face. She also needs to look older than Triss (who could use a darker hair color).

I am quite sure that CDPR's art designers must feel tired of us mentioning Tanya's art over and over again, but we have had it in our heads for years now and her Yenn is especially perfect. I mean to disrespect.

Geralt looks good, even though the beard should be white (he has no pigment!). Ciri looks great, but her nose is taken straght out of Triss' model.

So the more I watch the trailer, the more the characters look fine to me. Weird. Well I won't complain (anymore lol). However, there was one thing that keeps on coming back to me; does anyone feel like Geralt's hands and possibly feet are a little too big compared to the rest of him? I could just be hallucinating, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

A lot of people have big hands, also he's wearing thick leather gloves. It could also be a design choice, they made his hands look slightly larger for better hand animations when using signs for example.

So the more I watch the trailer, the more the characters look fine to me. Weird. Well I won't complain (anymore lol). However, there was one thing that keeps on coming back to me; does anyone feel like Geralt's hands and possibly feet are a little too big compared to the rest of him? I could just be hallucinating, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Same here. especially Ciri,. i'm starting to dig her design. I think some of my original misgivings had to do more with the way i had always imagined her. (longer hair, slightly yellower tint) And the wish that her hair be combed to the side to cover the scar. but this design isnt bad either. interested to see how CDPR will portray her personality and what shes been up to.

P.S. watched the video in HD. Ciri has green eyes after all.

I must confess I have secretly been having a laugh for months at all the people who thought ashen blonde has anything to do with yellow.

hey, most portrayals in the novel have her with a platinum yellowish/gray hair. >_>

Besides i think her hair having a bit of a blonder tints helps her differentiate her from Geralt.

plus yellow is my favorite color :p

I must confess I have secretly been having a laugh for months at all the people who thought ashen blonde has anything to do with yellow.

Blonde hair is a nightmare for devs. Ash blonde must be doubly so. It's a light, very light blonde. It's not grey. The devs and most everyone else have chosen grey. Ciri has grey hair now.

Last edited:
@arkblazer I've been a staunch defender of these new looks so far (Although I kinda just gave up trying a number of hours ago), but I'll be perfectly honest, when I first watched the Trailer I was a little confused. "Is that really Yen?" I thought, nah the hair isn't black enough, she looks a little too young, but you know, a few re-watches later & it really grew on me.

Although even myself included, I think just about everyone is in agreement that she could do with the proper Jet Black hair.

When models become so detailed that you can even see Geralt's Crows Feet, they are obviously going to take a ridiculously distinct look & the more detailed something gets, the more you can see so clearly & it won't perfectly match up with your vision.

I'm not going to get cranky like I did in the other thread (I've had a nice nap & it was a long morning for me being Aussie up at 4am to see the conference), I feel like since this is in its own thread it's a great place to throw around what people like/dislike even if it harsh.
However I just urge people to re-watch the Trailer another couple of times & really ask yourself whether you're truly unhappy or not, see if it grows on you & perhaps harbor the idea of whether you're not overreacting just a teeny bit. You know your opinions & if you believe it's justified, then by all means don't let me stop you, keep throwing your complaints out because I without a doubt believe CDPR will read every word, will take these criticisms & carefully assess them which could perhaps even make changes for the better.

Keep rolling my friends.

Top Bottom