Character Appearances

+
The naked old lady in the sauna on Skellige Isles when your playing as Ciri defiantly wasn't pandering to any demographic I care to know about

I'm not for censorship but they could have used a bath towel, some steam or a blinding light beam for that one:D

This game does, however, depict unborn evil fetuses in an unrealistic and unfair way. Discrimination against Botchlings I tell you!

Last edited:
A penis is simply way harder to design and render realistically than adding a hump and putting a nipple texture on it. It's not sexist. Ciri isn't even shown nude in the game, though she has 2 different nude models that were not used, which makes me think they censored her bath scene for whatever reason. If anything, they went out of their way to censor some things, and many people were expecting far more. Keira's nipples showing through her shirt feel like a bug to me.

At the end of the day, this is how woman are in the Witcher world. It follows the books.

Last edited:
I have got sick of seeing Ciri's bra or Keira's niples etc. all the time. It is very good the game contains mature content but what is not ok is for the game to be sexist.

A penis is simply way harder to design and render realistically than adding a hump and putting a nipple texture on it.

No it's not, flaccid it's just like a flabby old woman's boob stretched out a bit more, hard it's even easier as no need for jiggle physics.

Add the penis please!

i agree op

its sexist that keira has boobs and ciris bra shows

in the name of equality geralt must have boobs and a bra too

bring on transgeralt

There are tons of female characters in this game that don't wear revealing clothes and aren't designed specifically to look conventionally attractive. Anyone who has seen more of the game than trailers and Feminist Frequency bitching about it knows this.

Also, regarding "sexism", among many, many other examples of strong and fully developed female characters, there is an entire main story quest about domestic violence, and a rather involved sidequest about a female blacksmith who can't get any respect because she's a woman.

What a horrible, awful, sexist game this is, indeed.

Hey not all female chars have to look like prostitutes

AND not all female characters do look like prostitutes, by even the most prudish of extremes. You see what you did there ? You failed right at the start of this. Your point is patently incorrect that everyone will simply ignore you, your complaint so terse that you clearly don't really care about the subject, or else you'd take the opportunity to state your case properly.

lol moaning because Ciri outfit shows a bit of bra, pretty much every girls garment irl shows off some bra 1 way or another!

I have got sick of seeing Ciri's bra or Keira's niples etc. all the time. It is very good the game contains mature content but what is not ok is for the game to be sexist.

Geez, another ill-informed feminist...

Do prostitutes not exist in real life? Are there not women who dress sexually in real life? Do women not wear bras in real life? I don't see you complaining about 'real' women, yet when it's portrayed in a video game that is trying to accurately reflect reality it's an outrage!

Does feminism not promote sexual freedom for women, anyway? What if the women in this game want to dress this way? I kind of feel like complaining about such things is in itself is quite oppressive.

Last edited:
It's interesting you mention Ciri's bra showing (I didn't notice that, to be honest), because I've seen a lot of women - in real life - whose pants or bras show through their clothes and I will bet not all of them were prostitutes. Thread looks even more like a flame bait, given that not all female characters look like prostitutes. Game is not really sexist when compared to some other games, where females are really sexualized into some sort of fantasy.

It is so cheap to say ''hey witcher universe women are like this''.
Yeah right it is so necessary to see Ciri's bra all the time for the story and in cold places it is very practical covering her neck with fur but leaving her cest open and exposing her bra. Gerald goes to war with full armor but hey female characters must have natural immunity and diamond-hard skins because they dive into battle chests open and with skin tight trousers or they must be really poor just like those random bandits.
You know as well as I do that it is so obvious the female chars in this game were designed to attract horny nerds.
Wana see how to implement female chars in games? Then I suggest you to look at Last of Us.

At least Ciri wears a bra. You only get to see Keira during quests that involve her, not all the time, and that's not the whole nipples, only areola.

It's interesting you mention Ciri's bra showing (I didn't notice that, to be honest), because I've seen a lot of women - in real life - whose pants or bras show through their clothes and I will bet not all of them were prostitutes. Thread looks even more like a flame bait, given that not all female characters look like prostitutes. Game is not really sexist when compared to some other games, where females are really sexualized into some sort of fantasy.

Sigh... showing sexualized women is sexist... where does that stupid notion even come from? Sexism is the marginalization of one gender over the other, it has nothing to do with how the representative of said gender looks like or dresses? Can we please stop that sex-negative BS for once? Humans are sexual beings like any other higher mammal... sheesh. You can't handle that, then go join a convent or something.

That oh-so-trendly social outrage mubo jumbo is really starting to pi** me off...

Last edited:
Sigh... showing sexualized women is sexist... where does that stupid notion even come from? Sexism is the marginalization of one gender over the other, it has nothing to do with how the representative of said gender looks like or dresses? Can we please stop that sex-negative BS for once? Humans are sexual beings like any other higher mammal... sheesh.

That oh-so-trendly social outrage mubo jumbo is really starting to pi** me off...

What goes over your head is all this stuff sends messages about who we are and what we are good for, which taken altogether is programming. When a girl walks down the street she gets accosted all the time by creepy guys yelling stuff out and trying to look up her skirt or down her top, and this is because of society's programming all added up from all the little things like portrayal of women in games and in adverts and so on, which you're saying we should just ignore. It all adds up, so none of it can be ignored.

I'm sure this will go over your head and others here zzzz

What goes over your head is all this stuff sends messages about who we are and what we are good for, which taken altogether is programming. When a girl walks down the street she gets accosted all the time by creepy guys yelling stuff out and trying to look up her skirt or down her top, and this is because of society's programming all added up from all the little things like portrayal of women in games and in adverts and so on, which you're saying we should just ignore. It all adds up, so none of it can be ignored.

I'm sure this will go over your head and others here zzzz

Oh, I do understand what you "believe", trust me, but I also know what comes of it if enough people buy into it: China.... Where every piece of art is screened for social acceptability by the government...

...but it's Sunday, and I'm just not in the moot to lecture about human nature and how to NOT handle it. ;)

Top Bottom