Character Appearances

+
I like the new design. Like HellKnight said, the old one felt a bit "too much" for me. If Eredin will really have an intimidating personality, then I think having a not-so-extravagant appearance is better for the overall impression.

A bad guy that's scary without looking over the top is much more powerful, to me, than a bad guy who's scary and looks like your regular evil lord.

Kind of like Emhyr. He has a very strong presence in the trailer, without looking like a million orens. Dressing extravagantly, I feel, would have taken away from his aura. As if he's trying to compensate.

I like the new design. Like HellKnight said, the old one felt a bit "too much" for me. If Eredin will really have an intimidating personality, then I think having a not-so-extravagant appearance is better for the overall impression.

A bad guy that's scary without looking over the top is much more powerful, to me, than a bad guy who's scary and looks like your regular evil lord.

Kind of like Emhyr. He has a very strong presence in the trailer, without looking like a million orens. Dressing extravagantly, I feel, would have taken away from his aura. As if he's trying to compensate.

so guy in armor resembling human which skin was torn apart, with ribs on chest and skull helmet is not looking over the top and not like regular evil lord
:huh:

His armor had the rib cage effect before and also the skull helmet... they just made his armor less bulky looking, less WH40K so to speak. To me it looks like he has more mobility now, which is good. Eredin's fencing isn't brutish, the new design captures that better IMO.

so guy in armor resembling human which skin was torn apart, with ribs on chest and skull helmet is not looking over the top and not like regular evil lord
:huh:
Blady, I think the general point of my post was clear enough without me needing to add "relatively speaking" to every sentence. But if we're about nitpicking, then I did write "not-so-extravagant", which indicates being relative. "Without looking over the top" doesn't mean wearing a farmer's garments. And like HellKnight said, the ribs-aesthetic was there before, as was the eerie helmet (whether skull or not doesn't matter). The red to me is just because he's a Red Rider.

The overall design is not as in-your-face as the original, that's all I'm saying.

The old one looked cool but it seemed a bit... ehm... overdesigned IMO.

I agree. He basically had a cathedral on his head and overall it was too bulky. With the new design, I feel it's weakest part is again the helm, which doesn't stand out now. It's not overly intimidating or unique. Anyone else notice a Giger vibe to the designs? Gives them a great other worldly look while still appearing medieval.

Last edited:

Old design was crazy, out of this world. New one looks like ordinary bad guy from any game

WTF?! They took this out!?!? This was the best/creepy evil lord I ever saw in a video game and they took it out, now he looks like something from a He Man Cartoon... so sad. What a mistake, I hope they are both in the game to be honest:(

i agree. He basically had a cathedral on his head and overall it was too bulky. With the new design, i feel it's weakest part is again the helm, which doesn't stand out now. It's not overly intimidating or unique. Anyone else notice a giger vibe to the designs? Gives them a great other worldly look while still appearing medieval.

rip hr giger.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new look is much better IMO. the old one a bit over the top.
Can't wait for the game i'm finishing the 5th book now started reading the books about a month ago and i feel a little sad
that I'm almost at the end :(

Wild Hunt Re-designed?

I wasn't following the forums since Gamescom so maybe I missed it, but has the Wild Hunt changed its Appearance?

from this

to this?
(the middle one)

Or does he change his Armor during the Game?

I like the new design very much. The red tint on his armour makes it look like a person's exposed muscles; along with the skull helmet and the ribcage decoration, he has the appearance of a flayed man.

I can only imagine the terror his imposing presence would instill in soldiers and common people, and I can't wait to see the effects of the lighting from fires and sunlight on his armour.

I think that the first model was slightly more elegant and beautiful, but it was also incredibly unoriginal, recalling too much Sauron of TLOTR.
Let's say this is an excellent compromise.

I like this new look, although I thought the old faceplate was slightly cooler.
I agree.

Hmm, that's kinda sad.

I like both versions, but with the final one he sort of looks too ordinary. At least they could make him a bit bigger than the other two in the pictures, they sort of look like "The Three _blank_".

I very much doubt this connection hasn't been made already but doesn't this individuals mask resemble...

...the Operator's mask from TW2?

The designs are somewhat different but seeing this made me think of the Vrans and whether we'll get to see one in TW3.What do you guys think?(About Vrans being in the game that is)

No Vrans.
They were one of the several races exterminated by genocide by the Aen Seidhe and Aen Elle.
Vrans in the Witcher's world, and subsequently humans by the first Elves driven out from there into the "Aen Elle's world".

To me it looks like the mask worn by Baldwin IV - historically the Leprous King of Jerusalem, though the film "Kingdom of Heaven" plays a little fast and loose with historicity. There may be similar reasons for this individual. It makes less sense as a 'disguise' as it screams "look at me" almost as much as walking on 'pink panther' tippy toes.

I know about those events but they obviously weren't snuffed out completly.
To me it looks like the mask worn by Baldwin IV - historically the Leprous King of Jerusalem, though the film "Kingdom of Heaven" plays a little fast and loose with historicity. There may be similar reasons for this individual. It makes less sense as a 'disguise' as it screams "look at me" almost as much as walking on 'pink panther' tippy toes.
That's the first thought that came to my mind as well.

He's obviously

Gramps from Vizima's swamp

or maybe it's Emhyr turned hedgehog face again

Why are the riders of the Wild Hunt so tall? They seem to have at least 6"-1' on the peasants in the game, still finishing the books, but the cartoons in TW2 didn't make them seem as such large elves.

Last edited:
Vesemir's Face

So there's been talk around about Geralt's face. But I'd like to share (and discuss) what we've seen so far of Vesemir's face. I know there's only been one glimpse at him in one of the trailers, plus in the recent CG Intro, but still.

In my opinion, the new Vesemir looks much less mentor-y. In The Witcher Vesemir looked like this old, and yet badass master. He had wisdom in his eyes and strength in his body. In what I've seen in the CG, he looked more like a simple dressed-up peasant, who was following Geralt around wondering what the hell is going on. I realize this may just be how he looks in the intro, but yeah, I'd prefer Vesemir to remain the tough mentor. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom