Character Appearances

+
Well, even Geralt had chesthair in Witcher 1 but mysteriously became hairless when Witcher 2 started.

If Codringer and Fenn would still be alive, we should ask them to investigate the mystery of dissapearing chesthairs.

Well we certainly came a long way... It's like watching your kid grow :') (Even if i'm not the father/mother, CDPR is, but what the hell, I would cuck for them)

Well, even Geralt had chesthair in Witcher 1 but mysteriously became hairless when Witcher 2 started.

If Codringer and Fenn would still be alive, we should ask them to investigate the mystery of dissapearing chesthairs.

I like the sound of that. Let's find them chest hairs.

I'm sure there will be more than 1 facial expression for Zoltan in TW3.

Yep, and the screenshot looks like it was taken mid-cutscene, so he's definitely been caught mid-facial animation.

He doesn't look quite as "rough" as TW2 (Clothes, Clean hands/chest etc), but circumstances could be different. Other than that it's really just the shape of his nose that seems different, W3 is (like all the models) just a much higher level of visual fidelity.

About Eredin:

- So the old design is uninspired and Sauron-ish (though I disagree with that). It is also not very practical as an armor.
+ But it is more intimidating and gives him the status of a powerful leader.

+ The new design is not Sauron-ish and is original and looks more like the wild hunt. It is also a more practical armor.
- But it is neither intimidating nor shows that he is a leader. Some might even mistake him for a generic grunt with spikes on his head.

THE SOLUTION: A new design that combines only the pros of the previous designs(++). Original, wild-huntic, practical, intimidating, shows a powerful leader.

About Zoltan:

The W2 design is the best. But maybe war and age gave Zoltan the serious look? "It's a dog's life, Geralt"

Last edited:
About Eredin:

- So the old design is uninspired and Sauron-ish. It is also not very practical as an armor. + But it is more intimidating and gives him the status of a powerful leader.

- The new design is not Sauron-ish and is original and looks more like the wild hunt. It is also a more practical armor. - But it is neither intimidating nor shows that he is a leader. Some might even mistake him for a generic grunt with spikes on his head.

THE SOLUTION: A new design that combines only the pros of the previous designs(++). Original, wild-huntic, practical, intimidating, shows a powerful leader.

I sort of understand the "Sauron-ish" complaints, but he doesn't really look all that much like him. They have large spikes on their helmets and big spiky pauldrons, their armor is grey, and that's about it. It does look a bit bulky, especially with those massive pauldrons, but he looks appropriately imposing and stands out among the rest of the Wild Hunt.

The new design, while not terrible, is also far less intimidating. The spiked crown is far less impressive, his shoulder armor basically non-existent, and the pink makes it look like his armor isn't even metal.

My solution would be to give him his old helmet but with the new faceplate, give him large pauldrons that don't look as silly as the first design's, and recolor him since the pink looks a bit strange.

I sort of understand the "Sauron-ish" complaints, but he doesn't really look all that much like him. They have large spikes on their helmets and big spiky pauldrons, their armor is grey, and that's about it. It does look a bit bulky, especially with those massive pauldrons, but he looks appropriately imposing and stands out among the rest of the Wild Hunt.

The new design, while not terrible, is also far less intimidating. The spiked crown is far less impressive, his shoulder armor basically non-existent, and the pink makes it look like his armor isn't even metal.

My solution would be to give him his old helmet but with the new faceplate, give him large pauldrons that don't look as silly as the first design's, and recolor him since the pink looks a bit strange.
The large spikes on the helmet is enough to raise "Sauron-ish" complaints as it seems. I think the old helmet looked just fine, the new one is just "meh".

They are both silly, as the point of armour is mostly to deflect rather than block weapon impacts. Ridges and spikes on the armour make it far more vulnerable than a properly shaped set of harness.

Some defects in the protection are inevitable, but the idea is to minimise them as much as possible, while retaining freedom of movement and visibility. The WH armour is all about visual intimidation, but it is awful from a practical point. The revised Eredin is better but still daft.

We have to keep in mind that the leaders usually don't do the dirty job and the lackeys do, So usually leaders' armors were designed to intimidate and show their status. Eredin is the king of the Wild Hunt, and the riders are the ones that carry out most of the fighting. So the armor of the riders of the hunt should be practical and protective, but Eredin's armor should reflect his status as the king by being distinguishable and fancier. I think the new design falls short of giving him the aurora of being the King of the Wild Hunt, because it's too simplistic and comparable to the riders' armors.

We have to keep in mind that the leaders usually don't do the dirty job and the lackeys do, So usually leaders' armors were designed to intimidate and show their status. Eredin is the king of the Wild Hunt, and the riders are the ones that carry out most of the fighting. So the armor of the riders of the hunt should be practical and protective, but Eredin's armor should reflect his status as the king by being distinguishable and fancier. I think the new design falls short of giving him the aurora of being the King of the Wild Hunt, because it's too simplistic and comparable to the riders' armors.

Silly armour is not kingly armour:

View attachment 8670

This is ornamental, of high quality and practical (if a little later than our nominal period).

Attachments

• Rustning,_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921.tif.jpg
    Rustning,_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921.tif.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom