Character Appearances

+
Am I the only one not digging TW3's flowy hair Geralt? Hopefully, there are more options

It's weird, Geralt looks like some kind of barbarian. I hope it's not Elven style.

I doubt Francesca will make an appearance, she is living in her elven kingdom that is on the opposite side of the map from where this game takes place.

BUT

She could be on vacation in Novigrad! : D

70 hours played, havent met her. Even the quest for the griffin from Dijkstra seems to have been removed from the game.

Looks like they just changed the quest and its setting. Kinda clever, because this way it wasn't exactly a spoiler back then, since the quest was never intended to be this way in the final game, even though i don't understand why they removed her entirely.

Yennefers Appearance Change

If this has been asked pardon my ignorance, I am new here.

The appearance of most characters remained the same throughout most if not all trailers except Yennefers.

Her hair color went from dark brown to black and her face completely changed. In the CGI at the beginning of the game and the cartoonish cutscenes in the game she looks a lot like she did in the earlier trailer which leads me to believe changing her appearance was done pretty late in the production of the game.

I was just curious if anyone has any idea as to why they changed her looks?

Thanks in advance.

Probably because of user feedback. Her hair is supposed to be black (from the books), and there were criticisms that the face design for her and Triss was too similar. (Both were changed).

Merged with the main thread on the topic so you can read all about it :)

Last edited:
A bit off topic here but is it just me or does Geralt in TW3 look a bit like Damien Monnier, CDPR Senior Game Designer? ::)

On topic, Triss and Yen don't look alike even in the trailer and honestly, I would have liked CDPR give us Yen alternate look to be like in the trailer rather than just different outfit. Same goes to Triss when she gets her alternate look DLC.

Last edited:
@mirakodus1

That's the exact same character model that they used for
Anabelle! She is a wraith, part of a fantastic side quest.

---------- Updated at 12:58 AM ----------

A bit off topic here but is it just me or does Geralt in TW3 look a bit like Damien Monnier, CDPR Senior Game Designer? ::)

On topic, Triss and Yen don't look alike even in the trailer and honestly, I would have liked CDPR give us Yen alternate look to be like in the trailer rather than just different outfit. Same goes to Triss when she gets her alternate look DLC.

I completely agree with you! The reason I asked to begin with is because I thought that Yennefer looked much better than the current one.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you! The reason I asked to begin with is because I thought that Yennefer looked much better than the current one.

Well, imho both look gorgeous. The current Yen looks has that alluring and sexy look and the one in the trailer has that innocent look :cheers2:

Hey not all female chars have to look like prostitutes

I have got sick of seeing Ciri's bra or Keira's niples etc. all the time. It is very good the game contains mature content but what is not ok is for the game to be sexist.

Not sexist, just pandering to a certain demographic while consciously excluding others. Not all products are made to appeal to everyone.

By the way, is your username a wordplay on ''misogyny''?

Last edited:
Top Bottom