Character building / Need help getting back into the game

+
Dear Community,

I need your help. But first, my story (you can skip this if you don't care): I bought CP back when it was released (even preordered). Thanks to the fact that I got an Xbox Series X on launch day, it always ran reasonably well for me. I enjoyed the prolog section of the game and in the main area did what I always do in this kind of game (don't judge me): doing side activities, leveling up etc before doing main quest lines. About 80 hours in, I had a very nice character and probably still at one half of the main story left. I then ran into multiple issues and decided to wait for patches. At some point I planned to resume my playthrough with patch 1.5, only to learn that CDPR had nerved most if not all gear (the hours I spent farming cloths with decent mod points...) and reset all attribute points. I couldn't get myself do dive into the science of character building at that point and most guides etc were no longer relevant post 1.5 patch. I admit I hated CDPR for this and I rage quit. However, I really want to like CDPR and the game again, so please help me with the following.

As described above I have put about 80 hours into the game during the first 1-2 months. I simply can't put that much time into gaming anymore, so starting with a new character today is out of the question. What I am looking for is a guide (written or YouTube) for building a nice, fun to play, more all-round than specialized, character build (perks and gear) to enjoy and finish the game with.

Here's what to work with: Level 50 and Street cred 50 character, decent amount of weapons, armor, decks and mods, as well as lots of crafting specs and enough crafting resources to at least craft a few legendary items.

Attributes spent: Body 12, Reflexes 16, Technical 18, Intelligence 12, Cool 5,
Attributes unused: 8
Perk points: 109

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

What I am looking for is a guide (written or YouTube) for building a nice, fun to play, more all-round than specialized, character build (perks and gear) to enjoy and finish the game with.
I can't, I think it's all matter of what you find "fun to play".
A character "fun to play" for me (like let's say a stealth guns/knives/stealth QHs) maybe won't be fun to play for you. Possibilities are not endless, but still :)
So how you like to play ? Melee ? Gunfight ? both mixed ? QHs ?

So how you like to play ? Melee ? Gunfight ? both mixed ? QHs ?

I don't really like melee in first person, so gunfight in combination with combat QHs I guess. I am generally more into DOOM style games than stealth based games

If you like a good shooter build mixed with some quickhacks...

I'd recommend splitting your remaining points into body and intelligence, Shotguns and LMGs have some decent perks in body. Plus, it'll boost your survivability in a fight. And a decent cyberdeck can be devastating in some situations. Add some good subdermal armor and a few status removing buffs (immune to bleed/shock/etc...) and you can probably rip through any room without having to rely on any one skill set specifically.

As for gear, keep a shotgun, a tech weapon and maybe a smart assault rifle or SMG in your loadout, for Armor upgrade to max (in the crafting screen) and mod everything, Armadillo mods for most slots should be fine, I doubt your looking to min/max anything that other mods could help with. No need to worry about how it looks with the new transmog system you can focus fully on stats and change your style in the wardrobe.

This depends on difficulty level a little as some things will work better than others, but if you're on easy or normal you probably won't have too much trouble blasting through crowds as long as you have decent weapons and decent health and armor. On higher difficulties you may want to think about maxing out reflexes and really focusing in on weapons and mods that fit that attribute set since you're already moving in that direction.

I don't really like melee in first person, so gunfight in combination with combat QHs I guess. I am generally more into DOOM style games than stealth based games
More precise already :)

So it's just my opinion, probably other players would suggest other builds indeed.
18 in tech is enough for me (you should be able to do everything you need/want)
Then up Body in priority :)

16 in BODY - To be strong enough to "jump" into a fight nicely (with Second Heart cyberware and all the nice "body" related cyberware).
14 in INT - Seem enough to me (no real benefit to go higher if you have chance to get legendary QHs from access point). Mostly to reach the Contagion perk (great for all spreading QHs like contagion).
7 in COOL - mostly for cold blood perks

All of that with Assault rifles, Sniper rifles, shotguns, Handguns, LMG, SMG (tech and/or power weapons as you prefer) and QHs :)

If you like a good shooter build mixed with some quickhacks... [...]
Sounds good, thanks for the advice. In fact I played on hard before but will probably lower to normal or even easy anyway.

Any legendary weapons and cyberware you recommend specifically? I liked that speaking smart pistol btw (and hated that it ended up being a joke, but well, that fact was hilarious after all), is there anything like it that can used in later game?

if you have chance to get legendary QHs from access point
Ah well, that infamous quickhack bug. One of the problems I ran into and waited for to be fixed. So no, I am not able to get any quickhacks from access points. Not going to wait any longer though... Maybe if I now finish the game, CDPR will finally fix the bug :)
Post automatically merged:

If you ask me, the best smart weapon : prototype mark v shingen
Got that one!

There is a different Iconic of the same model gun, it just doesn't talk, it's called The Genjiroh, you can find it during "Play it Safe"

Edit: I'm also a fan of The Yinglong Smart SMG, and I think it just got a buff in patch 1.6 If I remember correctly, they extended the clip and gave it a large radius EMP burst for exploding rounds according to the patch notes, haven't had a chance to let loose with it yet so I can't say for sure if it's "better" now.

Last edited:
I think Yinglong is an unlockable crafting blueprint check your crafting screen you're a high enouch tech level so it should be in there if you've been crafting gear as you level.

I think Yinglong is an unlockable crafting blueprint check your crafting screen you're a high enouch tech level so it should be in there if you've been crafting gear as you level.
Nope, You can loot the crafting spec in a "suspected organized crime activity" ;)
Yinglong - directly in legendary, so craftable only if you are level 18 in tech (so no problem in this case^^)
On a side note, freaking powerful too :D

Nope, You can loot the crafting spec in a "suspected organized crime activity" ;)
Yinglong - directly in legendary, so craftable only if you are level 18 in tech (so no problem in this case^^)
On a side note, freaking powerful too :D

Thank you, I remembered it needed to be crafted but forgot where/how it dropped. I just started a fresh playthrough on my PS5 because I wanted to check out the new features without mods interfering. So, I'll be on the lookout for the drop.

Top Bottom