character creation is really weird in this, give me my black hair

+
main weird thing for me is i cant have dark/black hair, you think it would be the first thing they put into character creation, the darkest hair i can get is dark green and i cant imagine that would fit my corpo character, other than that i really do like the character creator but its just odd you cant have black hair(unless i am missing something)

There is a black option.

If you open the color palette it's the top right option.

Did you actually get in game? I ask because the character creator has seriously bad lighting that messes up colors.

There is a black option.

If you open the color palette it's the top right option.

Did you actually get in game? I ask because the character creator has seriously bad lighting that messes up colors.
i have completed the game, unless i am missing something there isnt an option for black hair, looked at a few posts on reddit and they are having similar issues all they can find is dark green(though the colour does look black when you are selecting it, looks like there are 2 blacks but both are just different shades of green) maybe i am missing something though(i hope i am)

i have completed the game, unless i am missing something there isnt an option for black hair, looked at a few posts on reddit and they are having similar issues all they can find is dark green(though the colour does look black when you are selecting it, looks like there are 2 blacks but both are just different shades of green) maybe i am missing something though(i hope i am)

I don't know what to say man, it looks black to me :shrug:

Customization screen has a horrible greenish tint to the lighting. I choose based on the swatch, not what I'm seeing on screen and it ends up looking right in-game.

i am pretty sure what i saw was my character with green hair in game however i do need to look closer because maybe i am not seeing it right(since i seem to be the only one who sees it as green) maybe its because i am on ps4 i dont know if that makes a difference, its just weird to have my professional corpo character with green hair :p but i need to look closer because it sounds like i might be wrong

Lol there's definitely black.

My V has black hair.

Could it be your monitor?
well i play on ps4 and i doubt its my tv, sounds like everyone but me see's black(though there are still some posts saying its green on reddit.......well at least 1) so maybe i am just wrong, or it could be a ps4 thing i dont know

My issue is the exact opposite. Black is black...but all other hair colours are off. Some by a little, most of them by a lot. Grey is green...etc,

I really don't understand why so many game developers insist on making character creators that don't show you what your character will actually look like in natural light, and it's equally frustrating in every game that does this. Whatever the hell possessed CDPR to put V under a green light during character creation is truly beyond me.

I said this in another topic but what's really off for me is how there are fewer color options for eyebrows compared to hair.

There is a file on Nexus which can help you to understand how hair looks in normal day light:

615-1609353577-1745953250.jpeg

Yeah the character creation preview window in this game is beyond reasonable. In most games, character looks better in creation menu rather than in game, but CDPR is truly pioneered with doing opposite :smart:

Yeah, the lighting in the character creator is weird as hell and I imagine it's a combo of lighting and the way certain items are were created. I also noticed this green/gray hair when you pick a hairstyle that has buzzed in some way, and you can also see it for the eyebrows. Yet beards don't have this issue at all.

You also see weirdness in the fingernails. They look too saturated and glossy for the "natural" color, and also look painted on the darker your skin tone is. I really wish they would fix these things.

02.01.2021_21-33-32-1n3ufxm5.png
02.01.2021_21-32-14-wvaruj3d.png

For me it looks black (beard is red-black). Samsung 4K Monitor // XSX.

Edit: What I didn't try hard enough is blonde hair, bc the color I picked looks awful. It's kind of odd bc V in the trailers, on the box is blonde.

You also see weirdness in the fingernails. They look too saturated and glossy for the "natural" color, and also look painted on the darker your skin tone is. I really wish they would fix these things.
Jipp. A good reason to play a woman, make it all red&pink&long.

thank you for most of the replies, looks like its an issue with the character creation screen more than anything

Don't focus on the top of his hair, but the shaved sides and back of the head, especially in the first screenshot. That is the green/gray that is noticeable in the CC.

Weeeellllllll, okkkaaaaahhhhhhh. A little bit.
Maybe it is the same phenomenon like the white/blue dress a few years ago :D

Top Bottom