Character creator idea

+
This question makes me uncomfortable. The Gender debate is just that, a political debate. There are some who agree with it and some who don't. Some would appreciate it in the game and some who won't. So instead of adding pronouns to the character creator, let's realise that Cyberpunk is one of the few, on track at least, AAA that gives you the freedom to roleplay whatever you want. Frankly speaking, I would be put off if I had to choose a pronoun in my character creator.

The thing is having an option to choose pronouns is likely wasted. Typically the only times he/she/they/etc are used is to refer to someone who isn't present and the gender neutral 'you' is used when talking directly to that person. So the only times V is likely to hear their pronoun is when they overhear conversations and the unlikely event that the people are actually discussing V, in which case the people in question are more likely to use the pronoun that suits V's apparent gender over an undisclosed preferred pronoun anyway.

People can easily role-play a transgender character who has gone through a complete transition due to that technology being available in the Cyberpunk timeline. Gay, lesbian and bisexual relationships have been promised. Character creation seems to include a range of racial options. As far as I can tell the game is about as inclusive as can be realistically expected without sinking massive amounts of time, money and effort to create the multitude of gameplay options that will only be desired or experienced by a minority of players.

CDPR certainly aren't going to let me create a morbidly obese V getting around on a cyber-rascal popping cyber-insulin or a functioning autistic V with compulsive hygiene needs who cannot communicate verbally and flips out at physical contact. People need to be a bit more realistic about what we're likely to see and the actual effort involved in implementing their dream functionality and then be willing to make up the difference with role-playing.

From the looks of things you can role-play a transgender, transracial bisexual V who was born with a congenital defect that meant that their legs had to be replaced with fully cybernetic limbs - isn't that enough?

That's a bit of a dig at some people...

Minority groups want representation because they hardly get it. This is improving as the years go on, but there are times that people screw up and alienate those communities. Ex: The 100.

Personally, I think what they have confirmed is great, and I'm happy with it. But if they're willing to push the envelope, then why not let them?

Would definitely prefer something more like Saint's Row 3/4 or fallout 4 for character creation sliders would add a lot more depth.

Would also love to get a character created station like Saints row

beside these forums are there for peoples to wish and request....

and every one of them gonna seem ridiculous and stupid from point of view or another .

So I'm all for it . As in , go , request , ask..wish for that something . There shouldn't be a limit or shaming or anything , because it aint gonna happen for each of the zillions request mades in all the thread . So yeah , let's peoples have fun making their voices heard .

That's a bit of a dig at some people...

Minority groups want representation because they hardly get it. This is improving as the years go on, but there are times that people screw up and alienate those communities. Ex: The 100.

Personally, I think what they have confirmed is great, and I'm happy with it. But if they're willing to push the envelope, then why not let them?

Sorry if that's how I came across as it wasn't meant as a dig, rather to point out that having player selected pronouns is more likely than not a wasted effort as the only time you're going to hear them is when you overhear a conversation between characters who have reason to know V's preferred pronoun discussing them and even then it's easier to default to saying 'V' than recording the same bit of dialogue 3 or more times to cover various pronouns.

Resources in creating games are finite whereas imagination is limitless so we should be happy with whatever inclusive options we get and make up the shortfall by role-playing our ideal V.

Sorry if that's how I came across as it wasn't meant as a dig, rather to point out that having player selected pronouns is more likely than not a wasted effort as the only time you're going to hear them is when you overhear a conversation between characters who have reason to know V's preferred pronoun discussing them and even then it's easier to default to saying 'V' than recording the same bit of dialogue 3 or more times to cover various pronouns.

Resources in creating games are finite whereas imagination is limitless so we should be happy with whatever inclusive options we get and make up the shortfall by role-playing our ideal V.
It's okay. I was mainly referring to your second to last paragraph. That felt a bit like a dig.

I agree about the player selected pronouns. Most games nowadays just use the name, and V is pretty gender-neutral. Prey did the same thing, IIRC.

Yeah, like I said, I'm happy with what they've confirmed already. But I'm not gonna stop them for wanting to go/going further if they want to.

i was thinking about this the other day. By 2077 The surgery will so advanced and that the results would be undetectable (sans DNA analysis), and the transition period so quick as to be meaningless. This, combined with no homophobia or transphobia means that are are who you are now, just another man or woman, no different from anybody else.

i was thinking about this the other day. By 2077 The surgery will so advanced and that the results would be undetectable (sans DNA analysis), and the transition period so quick as to be meaningless. This, combined with no homophobia or transphobia means that are are who you are now, just another man or woman, no different from anybody else.
If it wasn't for the crime-infested city with climate change having ruined the world, that sounds like a nice place to be.

Not to mention the cybernetics. That stuff looks awesome.

I'm going to leave this thought here because it's "character creator" related...

After watching the game play demo the other day I had a single thought, "HOLY SHIT! I want this game right now!" Several hours after that I had another thought, "What if I could make my character before downloading the game so I could start playing it straight away when the game launches." That's what I want for the character creator. A web based version that is unlocked with my pre-purchase, registration or whatever, where I get to sit and noodle for hours over my character weeks before the game launches. reading over every detail, changing skills, adjusting attributes and switch up my physical appearance. Then I get to save out a character config that synced to my game day one as I start playing. I mean, how great would it be to know that you took all the time you wanted to get your character just right and you get to dive into the story as soon as your download finishes? What could be better?
That's not even possible... I'm pretty sure they haven't even finished the character creator. Usually, it's finished at the end of the delovment cycle. Also, no rpg game has ever did that, at least I haven't seen any games doing that.

That's not even possible... I'm pretty sure they haven't even finished the character creator. Usually, it's finished at the end of the delovment cycle. Also, no rpg game has ever did that, at least I haven't seen any games doing that.
TWDG S4 did it regarding major choices that you made in the previous seasons. I don't see why they couldn't apply the same thing to a character creator.

Would definitely prefer something more like Saint's Row 3/4 or fallout 4 for character creation sliders would add a lot more depth.

Would also love to get a character created station like Saints row
:D

Guest 3842833

As long as I have pre sets I'm happy. I really don't like wasting too much time in the character creator. I also like the ability to change my mind at any time. So in short. I agree, the Saints Row approach is a good idea

-this is a must, but the ability to dual pistol gun would be great, well u can add the downside of not being able to aim corectly, also this alow us to weald 2 diferent models of pistols, so we can got 6 rounds burst tipe and 21 rounds dps tipe
-a cybergear that would show u show bulet trajectory, not just ricochet, but also ours and the enemys, up to a certain range ofc.
-to have composit weapons, just like red hood's guns in batman AK or kada jhin from lol, weapons that can for ex start as dual pistols or a pistol and a shotgun, and then fusion into a rifle, a sniper or a big ass high burst shotgun
-hybrid weapons, just like widowmaker rifle from overwatch, weapons that can cover 2 fiealds at the same time, rifle to sniper, shotgun to grenad lancher, a gun turn katana (ff 13)etc, thease are like the biger version of the composit weapons.
-well this is just a personal fantasy, a beam fiering cybereye would be great, able to pierce throu armor, ofc it would be a late game expencive item, or a paid dlc ( just kiding, plz don't ban me, i didn't mean to "offend u" XD) and a long cooldown.
-we saw the mantis blades, so about auther full arms cybergears, a grapling hook, a crossbow, a minigun just like BO3 reapers ult, , a hight end multi purpose one that is made of nanotech, able to take the desired shape (ofc late game too), hand enhancement (or just gloves) that give he ability to crawl on walls spiderman style.
-full body enhancement that give a shield, camoflage, etc.
-vehicle enhancement, like having front guns, turets, missiles etc like the last vehicule from RAGE, also plz, PLZ !! add the bike from the AKIRA anime movie, just like lol did with the project vayne skin bike, plz.
P.S: sry for all the mistakes, a have disleksia, so it's prety hard for me to wright corectly, but hope u can read it and like it !!

This, combined with no homophobia or transphobia...

I can't even imagine a world in which that would be true this side of complete post-scarcity (which CP 2077 sure isn't). And given that the Cyberpunk 2077 is a dystopian setting based on the idea that rapid technological change has caused massive social & economic dislocation, I'm thinking fear, hate, envy & factionalism are what makes the world turn. This is very unlikely to be a world in which tolerance & manners are at the core of how things work.

That said, for anyone who completely embraces H+ (transhumanism), at a certain point the very concept of sex becomes moot as bodies just become meat motherboards into which you plug all the things that make you 'you'.

Last edited:
I'm going to leave this thought here because it's "character creator" related...

After watching the game play demo the other day I had a single thought, "HOLY SHIT! I want this game right now!" Several hours after that I had another thought, "What if I could make my character before downloading the game so I could start playing it straight away when the game launches." That's what I want for the character creator. A web based version that is unlocked with my pre-purchase, registration or whatever, where I get to sit and noodle for hours over my character weeks before the game launches. reading over every detail, changing skills, adjusting attributes and switch up my physical appearance. Then I get to save out a character config that synced to my game day one as I start playing. I mean, how great would it be to know that you took all the time you wanted to get your character just right and you get to dive into the story as soon as your download finishes? What could be better?

I have only one Red Point to give you unfortunately, because your suggestions is very very good. It would be absolutely perfect to get the character-creation done on a web-page, and upload it to the game with it's released.

The elder acrolls skyrim and F4 had decent character customization but lacking in options and Depth to a flaw. Thank Skyrim mods. The ability to create a character with the face of a Blob really took things a bit far. Wouldnt it be more viable that every character actually looks good and maintains a feel of realism Instead? The face customization of fallout 4 was abhorrent at times thanks to the overarching options of cheekbones and head size
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 10975868

Good God, that guy doesn't need to say; "Go away"...

Did they really promise gay, lesbian, bi stuff? I started wondering about it because in the trailer we saw the girl waking up with a man besides her from what I can remember. I have a lesbian friend that felt really bothered by that, in a game that technically seems that will be a lot and heavy focused on choices and consequences, which is very nice.

If not, I hope they add lesbian and such options or don't force people into such situations. I don't know if this has been asked before somewhere but I'm not much into browsing forums or asking questions.

Did they really promise gay, lesbian, bi stuff? I started wondering about it because in the trailer we saw the girl waking up with a man besides her from what I can remember. I have a lesbian friend that felt really bothered by that, in a game that technically seems that will be a lot and heavy focused on choices and consequences, which is very nice.

If not, I hope they add lesbian and such options or don't force people into such situations. I don't know if this has been asked before somewhere but I'm not much into browsing forums or asking questions.
Yes, there are lesbian relationships in the game. The demo was just showcasing that there will be the option to have one night stands and such. You don't have to be with anyone you don't want to be with in the game. Also in the Gamescom demo they showcased they played as male V who woke up next to another man, so it's clear that it'll be a option

I have a lesbian friend that felt really bothered by that...

I find that weird. We are playing a character in a game, not ourselves. When I play Sonic the hedgehog, even though I'm actually a hippopotamus in real life, it never vexes me that I find myself playing as a hedgehog :p

Top Bottom