Character Customization - Left-Handed or Right-Handed??

+
Are we assuming there aren't body type options? like not even endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph? also in regards to left handed bolt action rifles, yes they exist but that would require more weapon modeling. Previously in this thread it was talked about how all you would need to do to add a left handed mode would be to mirror the animation. It was mentioned that mirroring the weapon too would cause certain details/text to be reversed or distorted and a fix for that would be to not mirror the models. I was just bringing up the fact that not every weapon is left handed compatible and new modeling would have to be done for weapons such as snipers. I think left handed mode would be cool but it would probably be in a patch after the release.
I would be VERY surprised if there was an option for a fat V. I can almost guarantee you, there won't be one.

I don't know what modeling tool CDPR uses, and the only one I ever used extensively was Blender, but even Blender had a mirror function, in which you selected the mesh, clicked on mirror (or whatever was the option, I don't remember), and it made a mirror image of the mesh. I am fairly certain it kept the skin too, but I don't remember text specifically - it's been some time, but again, I am talking about Blender. i am pretty sure things have improved greatly in 3D modeling software, especially modeling software that costs $100's.

Of course there will be some level of work to do.... but there is some level of work to do in every option that's added, no?

Couldn't it just be mirrored? I'm no expert though. Just saying. :D
Not really.

As a simplified example imagine mirroring driving a manual transmission vehicle. The steering would be on the wrong side thus look very strange.

Not really.

As a simplified example imagine mirroring driving a manual transmission vehicle. The steering would be on the wrong side thus look very strange.
I'm sure CDPR knows better than I do about left/right mechanics in the game.:think: I'm just going to trust them. :smart:

As a lefty, it would be awesome in the point of view of immersion to be able to create a left-handed character.

It seems that Johnny Silverhand uses his left hand to handle his gun.

My expectations are maybe too high, but I stiil believe.

(y)

I don't think so. Several games allow you to switch between the two seamlessly, like Tombraider for instance. Everything is just mirrored.
That's a pretty good point
Depends on how detailed the existing animations are.
Not that having hot brass shell casings bounce off your character cheek or coming out of the wrong side of a firearm wouldn't be amusing.
But wouldn't the side the brass shell casings come out of also be mirrored so that it would always be flying out the outside of the gun, on the right if it's on the right, and on the left if it's on the left?
edit: (wow just realized I posted in this thread before!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom