Character Customization!

+

Attachments

• POTATOpunk.jpg
    POTATOpunk.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I don't even.

I'd ask my ex-punk wife, but she'd probably spit, (at me), on the idea of telling a punk how to dress and what hear to wear. Kind of missing the point.

So.. you are saying if a punk starts to wear a kitty outfit and kept calling himself/herself punk, that would be ok.. Because you can't tell a punk what to wear..

With this kind of hairstyle:

SOOOO PUNK..

Like everything else, punk style has its own rules.. Lets not pretend that it doesn't.. If you wear silly things instead of punk, you are not punk, you are just silly.. Enough said..

Czech the linked article, yo. Catwoman is one of the original Punks.

Yep. Bromley. Ironically, only two of them were from Bromley.

One of the Bromley crew was Siouxsie of Siouxsie and the Banshees. Another was Billy (Idol) Broad, of Generation X.

And this iconic image:
is Jordan, from the Bromley Contingent. I never knew who that was actually of, until this thread. So, thanks for that.

In answer to your question, Wars, Punks can wear whatever they like, however they like it. The Punk aspect will generally come through pretty fast. It wasn't about what you wore, it was about the attitude of "fuck you" behind it.

Neither of the images you posted is particularly defiant or self-identifying, any more than someone dressed as Captain Picard would be.

'Weird shit disguised as punk" isn't an uncommon sentiment - if you've ever had the chance, listen to a couple old punks arguing about what is and isn't punk. It's pretty funny.

Quoting Wikipedia here, "The subculture is largely characterized by anti-establishment views and the promotion of individual freedom."

Yep. So if you want to wear an orange pumpkin, go right ahead. It's only not-punk if the general order of the day is orange pumpkin outfits.

Czech the linked article, yo. Catwoman is one of the original Punks.

Jamie Lee Curtis used to be awesome too.... then she started hawking yogurt that makes you poop...

ICE T was the Original Gangsta.... now he is on that cop show my mom watches...

It's classy, as long as you hold your pinky up.

Shotgunning a can of Smash? Not classy.

Shotgunning a can of Smash, with your pinky up? Classy. =)

It's classy, as long as you hold your pinky up.

Shotgunning a can of Smash? Not classy.

Shotgunning a can of Smash, with your pinky up? Classy. =)

I totally misread that the first time. I though by 'Shotgunning' you were refering to something like 'Donkey Punching'.

My bad.

Top Bottom