Character Customization!

+
Lazerlatte;n10829861 said:
I believe there was something in the chrome books about surgery for being able to birth and/or father children. So I mean... We might be able to outright transgender our characters halfway through the game. Or if CDPR has no shame in it they could possibly allow for players to undergo surgery to become a hermaphrodite. Oddly enough I have a feeling they would infact have no shame in that so... Really though people will get up in a tizzy either way. "Herms eughhhh keep it away from me" "Only 2 genders wtf so not progressive" and to quote what I'd say "Who cares"

I mean... Hermaphrodites are incredibly rare in real life, so I guess I don't really see the need to create an entirely new gender when you probably won't be seeing your character's genitalia that often anyway (even TW3 kept a lot of that stuff "below the fold" as far as camera work goes). I also don't think we're going to be having kids in 2077.

I am not at all against letting players switch their gender during the campaign, but it might be difficult to program. What if characters rely on you having a past history as a certain gender? How do they get all major NPCs to recognize the fact that you've swapped genders, and that you used to be a different one? What if certain characters hit on your character in the past, but they aren't interested in your new gender? How do you solve these problems without seriously breaking immersion?

Just a lot of questions that would need to be answered before I could see it being viable.

Being that this is apparently going to be a "Story-driven" RPG, I would expect CDPR to limit you to one gender choice for the entirety of the game, barring mods or something. That doesn't mean you can't be a man or a woman, just that you have to choose at the start and stick with it, like Skyrim, or Dragon Age, or Mass Effect, or really any other RPG out there.

Snowflakez;n10830551 said:
I am not at all against letting players switch their gender during the campaign, but it might be difficult to program. What if characters rely on you having a past history as a certain gender? How do they get all major NPCs to recognize the fact that you've swapped genders, and that you used to be a different one? What if certain characters hit on your character in the past, but they aren't interested in your new gender? How do you solve these problems without seriously breaking immersion?

I reached the same conclusion when I was thinking about the possibility of altering your entire appearance, including your gender, via body sculpting in a middle of your playthrough. It would end up causing too many narrative issues regarding character interactions. Sure, you could give them some kind of generic reactions fitting for all major body alterations, like "Oh, you sure look... different." at the start of conversation after change, then proceed as normal, but I think there is just too many different scenarios that have to be taken under consideration for such a relatively minor addition. I mean it would be quite interesting to transition into a sexy women just to be able to seduce that one guy with a crucial informations, then revert back afterward, but again, I don't believe that potential benefits of that feature outweights the extra time that had to be put into it's proper implementation that could be used to focus on other, more crucial, parts of the game.

Lazerlatte;n10829861 said:
I believe there was something in the chrome books about surgery for being able to birth and/or father children. So I mean... We might be able to outright transgender our characters halfway through the game. Or if CDPR has no shame in it they could possibly allow for players to undergo surgery to become a hermaphrodite. Oddly enough I have a feeling they would infact have no shame in that so... Really though people will get up in a tizzy either way. "Herms eughhhh keep it away from me" "Only 2 genders wtf so not progressive" and to quote what I'd say "Who cares"

This wasn't from a chrome book, it's from the alternate setting book "when gravity fails." It contained more advanced genetic modification based bioware that was far more advanced then the 2020 tech level, and included a functioning womb as an optional extra on your gender swap treatment. on a semi related note, i recall that in eurosource plus they mentioned that eunuchs had become a powerful clique in certain circles because they were seen by their employers as less corruptible.

also not from the game but the literary inspiration, we need them to add "wirehead" as a sexual preference. because seriously, what else could compete with electrodes zapping the pleasure centers of your brain into an extended state of bliss?

Yes you can there is going to be "photography" mechanic that will allow you to take pics, besides you can see your char in some cut-scenes. And personally i find it awesome if i get to see my character less often, then it makes me appreciate it more :)

I'm just hoping that appearance wise we'll actually be able to make our characters attractive, I don't want another Mass Effect Andromeda situation.

The default female V in the demo wasn't anywhere near as hideous as the Andromeda defaults, but she wasn't what I'd call a solid 10 either.
Basically if I choose to play as female V, I want her to be able to look as hot as the woman from the announcement trailer or as hot as Triss or Yen from Witcher 3 and I want to be able to dress her as sexy or even as skimpy as I want.
I don't want CDPR to limit us to making all our characters look average and hide behind the excuse that it's more realistic or some shit.

Basically I want to be able to have a playthrough where I have a female character like this chick:

It's not just for eye candy or fan service either, that kind of girl could make for an interesting character to play through the game as.
Plus I heard that what you're wearing affects your street cred too, so it'd be interesting to see how the story would react to having a character like her.
Playing through the game over and over as the same old "Strong Female Tough Girl" will get boring really fast for me.

ABS and Heigh...that,s all I'm asking! I'm so sick of female character being SHORTER and no ABS!! its a crime against the sexy abs ! seriously!!! :cry:

ABS and Heigh...that,s all I'm asking! I'm so sick of female character being SHORTER and no ABS!! its a crime against the sexy abs ! seriously!!! :cry:
Tall female characters with sexy abs, now that's the dream right there.

Seriously if they had that I'd love the game forever. I've played too many RPGs and MMOs without that. Though Guild Wars has a height slider.

Tall female characters with sexy abs, now that's the dream right there.

Seriously if they had that I'd love the game forever. I've played too many RPGs and MMOs without that. Though Guild Wars has a height slider.
yeah , with Norn being the tallest...nomnomnomnom :love:

But I play too many games where womens gotta be short like hell and I aint talking about a specie like dwarf . those are cute lol but if we are stuck being human...I wanna be freaking tall .

yeah , with Norn being the tallest...nomnomnomnom :love:

But I play too many games where womens gotta be short like hell and I aint talking about a specie like dwarf . those are cute lol but if we are stuck being human...I wanna be freaking tall .
Jora. She's the best. Can't convince me otherwise.

I get it. A height slider would be awesome. I always make my characters the tallest when I can, lol.

Jora. She's the best. Can't convince me otherwise.

I get it. A height slider would be awesome. I always make my characters the tallest when I can, lol.
Dragon Dogma : Dark arisen was good at that ! Let you use a slider and make a tall female . Loved it...

lol you can keep her....I take the ranger lady ;)

Dragon Dogma : Dark arisen was good at that ! Let you use a slider and make a tall female . Loved it...

lol you can keep her....I take the ranger lady ;)
Looks like I got another game to check out.

Oh man, now I regret it. Brunettes are more my type, lol. I thought we were just talking about Norns. But fine, give me Nika. Her promo art for Factions is *amazing*.

Character Customization!
In addition to character appearance, it would be necessary to give us options that reflect the Roles. Solo's, Nomads, Medtechs, Fixers, etc... Roles should merely provide bonuses to certain skills. Players should be able to choose a Primary Role, but should be able to assign points to all the others as they see fit, as well as to skills. In addition, the Primary Role chosen should have an effect on how the story unfolds. The missions of the game remain the same, only for people with different roles, the order in which they come, and the objectives of the mission itself changes. For instance, if you are playing a Netrunner, one mission might have you trying to infiltrate a drug deal, using your hacking skills to record the entire thing for black mail. But if you are playing a Cop, your objective is to arrest the main dealer. Or if you are playing a Solo, your job is to protect the dealer from the cops who bust in. Or if you are playing a Nomad, you are the getaway driver for the dealer. The missions are all the same, but why you are there and what you are doing would change depending on your role and choices within the game. That way, even though the missions are exactly the same in subsequent play-thrus, it will always feel unique. Imagine how interesting this could get in a co-op style game?

V is a Solo which can have Solo, Techie and Netrunner abitilties, and that's it.
V won't be able to convice a crowd to help her to save someone from organ leggers.
V won't be able to infiltrate the organ leggers by making they think you are trying to proove that they are actually saving more people than they are killing.
V won't be able to call for reinforcement to arrest the organlegging gang after she found their localisation.
Etc...

Yes you can there is going to be "photography" mechanic that will allow you to take pics, besides you can see your char in some cut-scenes. And personally i find it awesome if i get to see my character less often, then it makes me appreciate it more :)

I'm going to take pics of passerbys in the game. I'm sure they won't mind cause I haven't see any of them react or talk yet... (Scripted NPCs not included)

V is a Solo which can have Solo, Techie and Netrunner abitilties, and that's it.
V won't be able to convice a crowd to help her to save someone from organ leggers.
V won't be able to infiltrate the organ leggers by making they think you are trying to proove that they are actually saving more people than they are killing.
V won't be able to call for reinforcement to arrest the organlegging gang after she found their localisation.
Etc...

You realize you are quoting a post from 2013 right?

Might want to put some points in awareness/notice before you try getting snarky with people my friend.

Might want to put some points in awareness/notice before you try getting snarky with people my friend.

Actually I wasn't trying to be snarky at you, but to show disappointment at how the game seems to be going the RPG = "killing things, but with stats" road, and about how V seemed just as much defined a Geralt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom