Character Customization!

+
Character Customization!

I want Character Customization on par with Saints Row 2 or APB. (Gender, race, body type, face customization, tattoos, scars, layered clothing with many choices). Let me create my own character, a unique character, and do no limit my choices. The world of Cyberpunk is a melting pot of races and cultures. If you plan to include voices, limit it to two, one male, one female, speaking without discernable accent. If variety in voices is necessary, give us a tool to change the pitch of the voices.

Customization differences by zone. For instance, in most of the city you would have standard options. Normal and edge wear clothes, but in Nomad areas the clothing would be leathers and football pads, the mad max/Fallout look. In a Corporate Section the clothing stores would offer suits and high end fashion.

In addition to character appearance, it would be necessary to give us options that reflect the Roles. Solo's, Nomads, Medtechs, Fixers, etc... Roles should merely provide bonuses to certain skills. Players should be able to choose a Primary Role, but should be able to assign points to all the others as they see fit, as well as to skills. In addition, the Primary Role chosen should have an effect on how the story unfolds. The missions of the game remain the same, only for people with different roles, the order in which they come, and the objectives of the mission itself changes. For instance, if you are playing a Netrunner, one mission might have you trying to infiltrate a drug deal, using your hacking skills to record the entire thing for black mail. But if you are playing a Cop, your objective is to arrest the main dealer. Or if you are playing a Solo, your job is to protect the dealer from the cops who bust in. Or if you are playing a Nomad, you are the getaway driver for the dealer. The missions are all the same, but why you are there and what you are doing would change depending on your role and choices within the game. That way, even though the missions are exactly the same in subsequent play-thrus, it will always feel unique. Imagine how interesting this could get in a co-op style game?

I also kind of like the idea that the Primary Role you choose might determine where you start the game... say if you are a Solo, you first appear at the airport, coming back from a job. If you are a Cop, you appear at the precinct. If you are a Nomad, you first appear outside the city and have to drive in...

An OPTIONAL lifepath would also be nice, a randomly generated history for your character that may influence the way some NPC's react with you, maybe have an enemy that keeps randomly spawning and coming after you in the game, creates an event or encounter in the game, or maybe opens up options to your early.

How awesome it would be if at various stages of the game, you could save a "character sheet" to the hard drive (if playing on a console), then transfer it to your PC and print it off. Or even be able to do it in reverse, take your favorite character, and input his stats and skills and lifepath in the game... maybe as a bonus that unlocks after you have beaten the game. That way you could truly merge the video game and the Pen and Paper game. .

And hey, with 3D Printers you could even dump your character art to a figurine!

Oh, wait...that's actually a pretty cool idea. I want one! In fact, I want several! Dragoon towering over the NCPD officer, Nomad leaning laconically on his bike's mounting...so damn cool.

I think a Lifepath and different start point to the game would really set CP2077 apart from other Char. Customization options, too. You could reuse some locations, if resources became an issue. Corps and Solos, Cops and MedTechs, Rockers and Nomads...

If the game is Third Person, the deeper the character options the better. And hopefully some way to send a moving action shot to your Steam or GoG buddies.

And hey, with 3D Printers you could even dump your character art to a figurine!

Oh, wait...that's actually a pretty cool idea. I want one! In fact, I want several! Dragoon towering over the NCPD officer, Nomad leaning laconically on his bike's mounting...so damn cool.

Ooooooooooo you beautiful bastard.... now I am going to dream of having my own characters as custom miniatures for my tabletop game.... CHRIST WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED ALREADY?

I totally agree about our character having some customizations options like clothing, tattoos, earnings etc as longest its in nothing silly and within the reason.

Playing as a cop I would like to have option of buying new jacket for example. It would depend on the class I understand class like a Psycho-Cop has limits to what you can change. He is always wearing exoskeleton armor beneath the military grade jacket.

i really want the inclusion of both genders, and hopefully a multitude of ethnicity choices.

i loved playing the witcher, but i wanted to make my own character (i know, not appropriate to the story source material, thats fine) i wanted to customize my character in deus ex human revolution as well, but that wasnt there.

making a character your own personal character, like you can in dragon age and mass effect, or skyrim or fallout is what really strengthens games for me, i play mmorpgs a lot, and rpgs a lot, and i feel that the games with good customization, or at least a choice of gender will attract more players, and let us play and enjoy the world you create for us much easier.

Most of the customization they mentioned in the videos on their youtube account seemed more like "mechanical" customization rather than "narrative" or "aesthetic" customization, so we've really got very little to go on at this point.

You know, as much as I want my character creator - and 3D printer! - I REALLY want every damn piece of gear I put on or IN my character to show and modify the character I've created. If I get flamboyant pink Tech-Hair ( Hint: use this to cover up the skull-plate you are going to need. Head hits double damage, kids!), then I want it to override my current hair BUT leave the awesome Fu-manchu stache I already had.

just throw the Eve Online/All Points bulletin character creator into the game and add a ton of more appearance options involving hair/clothing/etc.

Go big or go home. I'd be fine with playing a pre-designed character. The artists are awesome, I trust their design choices. So either give me the best you got or give me 100% customization. I mean like, build a painter where I can pixel brush in freckles, scars, or tattoos.

Or whatever, im going to play this game so hard.

Is there an rpg today that doesn't do that?

Many do set-piece armour changes. Witcher, Skyrim. You put on a piece of armour and it changes your whole torso look.

CP2020, being kind of a heaven for gear-crazies - has hundreds of pieces of equipment. You can dangle them on your body, put them in your body or wear them as accessories. You can strap on some Metal Gear hard armour, hang an Ono-Sendai deck across the back, be carrying a can of Smash and drape yourself with another dozen pieces of gear such as phone, motion tracker, portable water purifier, ammo mags, mono-knife and steel knife, extra set of High-Imp trodes...

And then your main weapons.

And then your cybergear. Much of which is ALSO augmented in terms of covering, colours, weapons, sensors, extra limbs, extra types of fingers, built in wet-bar in your leg, ( I'm not kidding - this is an accessory for cyberlegs), etc. etc.

So, yeah. I'd love to see each piece of useable gear in the game change your look.

there should be many ways to create your perfect character.

Male, female, big, smal, face......but more important for me is the way to style your character!

In the game should be many many clothes, shoes.....and different styles

Also thinks like tattoos or piercings should be in the game and many hairstyles.

Kind of tired of the complete character customization. They should keep it simple and just let you build your character as you go along. For example certain looks should be kept for specific levels, kind of miss the feeling of having new pieces of armor as a reward.

Char Generation - Thoughts and Suggestions

I know it is very early to talk about it but I already wonder!
We will be able to make our own "Unique" Main Character?

A small consideration about:
Witcher 1 and 2 are great Games and for sure they have a strong Main Char with a good background. For Cyberpunk 2077 I would like, instead, to have the chance to decide how my Char will look like and moreover to not have a fixed background. I guess this Game will take inspiration from Cyberpunk 2020 hence I think that it would be nice to avoid a pre-made Main Char. Having a Char who someway feels "Unique" could be a nice feature. In CP2020 Customization had its importance not only the "Looks" (Remember? "Style matters!") but mostly the Background. You had to roll, if you wanted, to check not only how your Char liked to dress but also to see what happened in his\her past years. Honestly I would not mind to see such System even for the creation of CP2077 Main Char.

What do you think?

Lets hope Cyber-psychosis is brought in as a game mechanic.
The more metal / implants in your body, the closer to the edge you get...

I want a detailed character creator by that I mean something like this but yes I also wanna pick skills, feats or whatever the PnP game.

Isn't the EVE online a space-ships simulator MMO or something like that? I had no idea they had such an extensive character creator in. But yes, i would like if CDprojects makes something similar, i like playing with character creator for hours :)

Top Bottom