Character Customization!

+
I think that CDPR should let the players have massive, grotesque cybernetics and bio-sculpts that increase aggro and give greater chance of being detected while stealthing but also grant a style bonus (be it either money or XP) for actually surviving with what is bassically a massive target on the character's body.

I think that CDPR should let the players have massive, grotesque cybernetics and bio-sculpts that increase aggro and give greater chance of being detected while stealthing but also grant a style bonus (be it either money or XP) for actually surviving with what is bassically a massive target on the character's body.

......What

I was angry when I wrote that. Basically a higher risk = higher reward system that ties into the "Style Over Substance" and "Always take it to the edge" rules from the original RPG:

Just a poorly phrased idea pitch, dont mind it.

there should be many panky haircuts in the game, also for females

like the ideas for Subject Zero (mass Effect) which they didnt use......

she has an amazing and different style so i hope we will have styles like that in a true CyberPunk game

tattoos piercings, muscle mass, making yourself more attractive, bigger boobs, ass job thing slike ths.

Also lets dont forget about the fashion. It would be great if we could have all types of fashion shops in the Dark City with clothing more and less body revealing so we could look at our tattoos or piercings..

Steampunk
Goth
Urban
Gangsta
Sporty
Casual Elegance
Elegance
Classy
Harajuku
Punk
Emo
Nerd

Since we seem to have covered all about CC systems and customisation there is, let's look at another aspect of customisation: Voices. It's been a few years since I started playing video games, and those years have made me hate silent protagonists with a passion. The only game I can think of where I could overlook that fact was Fallout 3. That game was so damn good.
I'd really like it to have the option to choose different voices, like you could in SR3. The ability to adjust the pitch of the voice would also be nice, as would a few different acccents (Russian, French, British and German come to mind). Thus. being able to make a suit-wearing villain with a german accent and black shades... or maybe I'll make him british, who knows?

@ braindancer12: Jack is wearing clothing now? Has somebody caved her head in in beteween ME2 and ME3?
The thing about the hairstyles is: having a few premade ones is nice, but having an interface to make hairstyles of your very own would be even better.

Also lets dont forget about the fashion. It would be great if we could have all types of fashion shops in the Dark City with clothing more and less body revealing so we could look at our tattoos or piercings..

Steampunk
Goth
Urban
Gangsta
Sporty
Casual Elegance
Elegance
Classy
Harajuku
Punk
Emo
Nerd

all of these Fashion types should be in the game if possible

I'd really like it to have the option to choose different voices, like you could in SR3. The ability to adjust the pitch of the voice would also be nice, as would a few different acccents (Russian, French, British and German come to mind).
If they do a voiced protagonist, that'd require at least several voice actors (or a few really talented ones for the different accents.)

Since we seem to have covered all about CC systems and customisation there is, let's look at another aspect of customisation: Voices. It's been a few years since I started playing video games, and those years have made me hate silent protagonists with a passion. The only game I can think of where I could overlook that fact was Fallout 3. That game was so damn good.
I'd really like it to have the option to choose different voices, like you could in SR3. The ability to adjust the pitch of the voice would also be nice, as would a few different acccents (Russian, French, British and German come to mind). Thus. being able to make a suit-wearing villain with a german accent and black shades... or maybe I'll make him british, who knows?

@ braindancer12: Jack is wearing clothing now? Has somebody caved her head in in beteween ME2 and ME3?
The thing about the hairstyles is: having a few premade ones is nice, but having an interface to make hairstyles of your very own would be even better.

I would actually prefer a silent protagonist... Audio files in a game eat up significant resources... I would rather those resources went to making a better game. If the protagonist does have to be voiced, I would prefer only two options, male or female, no accent at all.

I would actually prefer a silent protagonist... Audio files in a game eat up significant resources... I would rather those resources went to making a better game. If the protagonist does have to be voiced, I would prefer only two options, male or female, no accent at all.

I agree, having more than one voice set end up reducing the overall quality of the game. Main character ends up saying little to nothing (since more lines cost money), most mission related dialogue gets bent up around that, making quests empty fetching quests (just look at saints row) it isn't worth it. We can have better NPC's or companions, or quest related stuff instead. Which would make the game more fun experience.

I don't think a voiced (as in AUDIBLY voiced) protagonist is needed. It would do perfectly fine if they did it the VTM:B way. If you see the entire sentences you can say... you will read them in your mind with the voice you imagine your character having, why hear it twice? And yes, having the same sentence voiced in many different versions WILL eat up resources that can be used in recording a higher variety of responses to our non-voiced lines of dialogue.

Also, I like the SR way of having you choose your voice... but player input in conversations there is zero. The only thing it adds is: 1. characterization that can still be flawed (like I giving my supernerd character in SR3 the "african-american gangsta voice" which had a texture that fit... but some of the "custom tailored" sentences didn't fit... although that might have been for the funnier XD) and 2. replayability for the sake of hearing how the different voices deviate along the storyline.

Here's a terrible idea:

What if there was a mode where all the branching dialogue is mapped out and you could actually (if you wanted to) go in and record the dialogue for your character? Someone I'm sure would do a ridiculously awesome job of voicing their own character.

That'd be pretty cool. LOL.

Here's a terrible idea:

What if there was a mode where all the branching dialogue is mapped out and you could actually (if you wanted to) go in and record the dialogue for your character? Someone I'm sure would do a ridiculously awesome job of voicing their own character.

That'd be pretty cool. LOL.
Perhaps with Mod Tool kit you could edit/swap old dialogs with yours. I dont think you could create your own aswers tho.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

If character creation/customization doesn't allow you to either become or start out as an FBC, then the game developers will really have dropped the ball big-time.

The..base game didn't have FBC, Still doesn't. If you don't see/buy Chrome 2+ or Max Metal, you'll never even know or likely care they are a part of Cyberpunk 2020.

So I'm not sure how it's so essential in this first Cyberpunk videogame.

If character creation/customization doesn't allow you to either become or start out as an FBC, then the game developers will really have dropped the ball big-time.

I'm down with this actually. Starting as a FBC would be really cool. Just the FBC SHOULD NOT be a combat model maybe a sport or pleasure model, but definitely NOT a combat model. That should only be accessed through a very involved in game mission tree/narrative line.

I dunno, man; that's a BIG shiny to have, right out of the gate. Potentially game-unbalancing, imo.

I want to make a fat or short guy.. A tall or thing guy... There shouldn't be any restrictions to dimensions.. Various body models not to have same looking mesh texture would be nice too.. XD

Eve has a nice Character Generator but there restricted to the dimensions.

Much appreciate if these variety options players asking can be added value to the game. :)

Top Bottom