Character Customization!

+
That's awesome, Deca. I've never used that, but I wouldn't mind a character creation tool like that.

I like the idea of being able to upload your own designs because sometimes it's hard to create the effect you'd want with the pre-made options. I don't know if CP2077 will have character customization to the level of make-up, but it would more fun to apply cosmetic effects to a character with a palette and your creativity ^^

Has anyone mentioned APB Reloaded yet? It's like a GTA/Saints Row online that... for what I've read hasn't got much more good qualities other than character customization which IS fucking dope. Anyone tried it? What's your opinion? It also looks pretty cyberpunk as you have punk and spoiled rich criminals and also corporate police that dress in style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvGfzJ7yNuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H3FuPKmQeQ

Yeah, I've tried APB reloaded and I did make a character. There sure is a bunch of possibilities. That being said, I found it rather confusing, but I think we'll have to expect that if they're going to focus a lot on customization in Cyberpunk 2077. I'm fine with it anyway. I did manage to make a badass character after all ;P

I liked the gameplay, but the only problem was that it laged on my computer, so I quit very fast. There was impossible to drive a car because of the lag. If it didn't lag I'm pretty sure I would have kept on playing because I did like it.

Has anyone mentioned APB Reloaded yet? It's like a GTA/Saints Row online that... for what I've read hasn't got much more good qualities other than character customization which IS fucking dope. Anyone tried it? What's your opinion? It also looks pretty cyberpunk as you have punk and spoiled rich criminals and also corporate police that dress in style.

wow thats awesome :) something like this in the game would be amazing

I haven't tried it, but I may well have to now just to make a character. I was impressed with EVE Onlines character creator, but this is amazing.

It would be seriously cool to have a customization where your character's face is featureless, but maybe capable of smileys, sort of like this but sleeker:

And what the hell, how did Wisdom end up with a monopoly on threads with cool topics.

It would be seriously cool to have a customization where your character's face is featureless, but maybe capable of smileys, sort of like this but sleeker:

And what the hell, how did Wisdom end up with a monopoly on threads with cool topics.

That sounds like an awesome modification. Just having an LCD display for a face.

I want da funky shoes too, hope this happens.

Of course, I expect certain negatives to come along with wearing such an item. The world in CP77 should really react to our styles in meaningful ways, and not just an empty comment here or there.

if one guy wears them its goofy but if everyone wears them its cool, yolo, swag....

Why, do you know from personal experience ;p

You know what would be nice for Night City- clothing trends. If you wear something not so cool, or so bad its cool, it should count towards something, I guess.

But I'd rather just have NPCs react in meaningful ways to the player's style/appearance.

You know what would be nice for Night City- clothing trends. If you wear something not so cool, or so bad its cool, it should count towards something, I guess.

But I'd rather just have NPCs react in meaningful ways to the player's style/appearance.
I don't know how they can achieve a 'fashion recognition' system, but I do hope there will be one. Perhaps if certain clothes are tagged with both a 'style' and a 'combo number' this could work?

I don't know how they can achieve a 'fashion recognition' system, but I do hope there will be one. Perhaps if certain clothes are tagged with both a 'style' and a 'combo number' this could work?

I dont know if this could work, but given the sheer amount of clothes and styles (plus augmentations and enhancements) they'll implement, I'm sure they will give us "sets" of certain styles and clothes. And if, then there'll better be a "Wear all clothes of this set" button in my inventory, that auto equips all the parts of a set that I already have.

Nothing worse than searching and searching for the right parts manually like in Dark Souls.

Doth everybody know what I mean?

I dont know if this could work, but given the sheer amount of clothes and styles (plus augmentations and enhancements) they'll implement, I'm sure they will give us "sets" of certain styles and clothes. And if, then there'll better be a "Wear all clothes of this set" button in my inventory, that auto equips all the parts of a set that I already have.

Nothing worse than searching and searching for the right parts manually like in Dark Souls.

Doth everybody know what I mean?

Thow knowith that which thy means.

Well, they could track off the names of the clothes as well as the cost. Big numbers or certain names means a certain reaction.

They could of course give you "outfit saves" ala Saints Row or Sleeping dogs... where while the clothes themselves are stored alphabetically (as in saints row) or by purchase/acquisition ala sleeping dogs, you can save "outfits" that you dig as their own thing.

I like that mechanic, as even for me, organizing the clothes in most games would be too big of a headache, I managed it in Sleeping Dogs, by spending a ridiculous amount of time and effort, but I am pretty much the only person on earth who cares enough about that to even attempt it.

Well, they could track off the names of the clothes as well as the cost. Big numbers or certain names means a certain reaction.
That could work.

I just wanted to make sure that weird combinations got you looked at like a freak. People should be punished for looking like a drunk in a costume shop.

I suggested a mechanic for NPC reaction to your clothing choices over in the Wardrobes and Styles thread. I think it could be applicable here.

I suggested a mechanic for NPC reaction to your clothing choices over in the Wardrobes and Styles thread. I think it could be applicable here.
I am well aware of it. I think it's a very good idea and this should be part of it.

If you turn up looking like a prat, you should get treated like one. If you turn up looking like a badass, people should think you are one.

Your ATTR score should definitely have an effect on how people treat you...

Hmm.... actually, should the ATTR score of the character even be implented, it doesn't attach to any skills, and we will presumably be able to determine for ourselves what our characters look like.

If the ATTR stat is included, should it have an effect on our character customization?

Top Bottom