Character Customization!

+
Oh boy, here we go again...Kofeeiniturpa/Mebrilia/Suhiira coalition against everything modern, good and true. :p

Eh, what's wrong with spacebar here?It's seems to go on and off every now and then.

Is not like character customization is just Aesthetic but also how you can make your character react to the world....And that is called guess what? "Roleplay"

A voiced protagonist as i already told is a matter of fact that will end to restrain number of dialogues... So in the end it will reduce the prossibility of Roleplay Interaction....

So yes.. is not that we hate modern gaming.... We just want RPG to be RPG and not interactive Movies...

One thing to consider from an aesthetic viewpoint: you don't get a character that looks this convincing with a customization system:

Same goes with nuanced animations, I think. Because of this, I'm open to a very limited visual customization of my PC, and letting CDPR's artists work their magic.

One thing to consider from an aesthetic viewpoint: you don't get a character that looks this convincing with a customization system:

Same goes with nuanced animations, I think. Because of this, I'm open to a very limited visual customization of my PC, and letting CDPR's artists work their magic.

That if you need to have visuals more than imagining your character.. But even with that.. that's not actually true.... In some games you can create characters equally believable of course many of those games don't have voice overs but mostly because Voiced Protagonist are not a must for a RPG like many people want to believe...

There are still gems around that in terms of story and characterization are still gems.... Games like planescape torment for instance....

Of course this if for you a character to be believable must be voiced but again... This is not true... There are a lot of great believable characters from books... and Geralt is one of them...

Some people having the tools.. can indeed make awesome convincing characters....

I want a lot of character customization but no necessarily visual because as Garrison72 said as soon as you have visual character customization involving your characters face the animation quality for that character will suffer unless they come up with some groundbreaking system.

I really want them to UP the already amazing facial animations in Witcher 3 for Cyberpunk 2077 and that will never happen if we are the ones sculpting our characters faces and not the developers.

StereoFlava;n6859930 said:
I really want them to UP the already amazing facial animations in Witcher 3 for Cyberpunk 2077 and that will never happen if we are the ones sculpting our characters faces and not the developers.
Unfortunate but true for your character if it's customizable, but the NPCs are still 100% under CDPRs control.

Tits censored? Nah, fanart pretty much. But seriously though, no one places the game's name anywhere but title screen since 1980s, the times of 8-bit computers. A UI concept at best if we really go into stretching that much.

Last edited:
New image, courtesy of Geneticeye.

Icons could be a bit smaller, background and skill icons with better color contrast, otherwise looks pretty damn good. ( Witcher III skill tree aesthetics was real lackluster design, looked like mini Excell spreadtheet).

Liking the visual illustration here and being able to see installed implants directly on your character...makes it feel a bit more exciting than dry reading: +2.5 % to stamina regeneration! :p

Last edited:
Zagor-Te-Nay;n8356820 said:

It's nicely done, but the overall layout strikes me a bit generic in that apart from the character portrait it's just nu-Deus Ex in green.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n8356820 said:

Icons could be a bit smaller, background and skill icons with better color contrast, otherwise looks pretty damn good. ( Witcher III skill tree aesthetics was real lackluster design, looked like mini Excell spreadtheet).

Liking the visual illustration here and being able to see installed implants directly on your character...makes it feel a bit more exciting than dry reading: +2.5 % to stamina regeneration! :p

Source?

Pretty but terrible. Didn't look up the actual game data and for no sane reason, put a metal...decoration..? above the eye. Why? What purpose does it serve other than to say, "I have unnecessarily obvious cyberware! And in the form of some pointless encumbrance!"

Sardukhar;n8360400 said:
What purpose does it serve other than to say, "I have unnecessarily obvious cyberware! And in the form of some pointless encumbrance!"
Fashionware? Variant on a light tattoo?

Suhiira;n8360960 said:
Fashionware? Variant on a light tattoo?

Sure, only a) there are those already and b) it's SUSPICIOUSLY above the "radar eye" which says it's totally not fashionware, it's the artist trying to indicate, "This person is a cyborg!" Ugh.

Sardukhar;n8362290 said:
b) it's SUSPICIOUSLY above the "radar eye" which says it's totally not fashionware, it's the artist trying to indicate, "This person is a cyborg!" Ugh.
B

I can understand some limits to character customization (i.e. unlocking/purchasing certain items/clothing as you go), but when it comes to the actual avatar, having as much freedom as possible would be wonderful.

I can already imagine who I'd recreate.

That's right, Tony Iommi. Who did you think I was referring to? I've always wanted a cyberpunk game with my shaggy-haired heavy rocker protag.

Oh, and maybe Joanna Dark.

Last edited:
Top Bottom