Character Customization!

+
Lisbeth_Salander;n9474231 said:
"ARE WE GOING TO HAVE AT LEAST DOZENS OF BLACK TRANS LESBIAN PROGRESSIVE WOMYN?"

As a whole booster gang designed like black trans lesbian progressive womyn abomination from 2010-20s era (the true dark age of human culture). Right next to hippie abomination quarter. Hiding the auction where people with dark sense of humor trade slave girls "designed"(through surgeries and illegal braindance mindwashing tapes) as Disney princesses.*

That would be funny.

*clever joke about groups of enemies hating each other placed too close to each other in Bethesda games.

Last edited:
Bitterness aside...

The video was magnificent really, so many beautiful moments in that stage...That behind the scenes with Witcher 3 was brutally beautiful, showing the real bits of design is a gift to fans. CDPR cared for years in making the game look beautiful, and with that clip we saw the gruesome brutal magnificent truth, one truth that I loved. I never saw an AAA big company with such passion about what they're doing.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't support adding stuff to a game for the sake of PC.
By the same tolken it shouldn't be excluded.
Do what makes sense given the story and setting.

CP2077 is set in a dystopian future Earth not a medieval fantasy setting like Witcher was. Yeah they should be around, but (hopefully) by 2077 they'll no longer feel the need to point out every perceived slight, omission, or whatever. They're just people like everyone else. If its not a guy with 3-days of beard stubble cross-dressing, or something similar, how the hell are you going to know?

The problem is that nowadays, we're telling creators what we want to see in their creations, on all fronts. Whether you want what is considered by others PC, left-leaning or what can be considered conservative or right-leaning. CDPR probably has people working on it from all walks of life. Some with different ideas and that will surely create conflict sometimes (day-to-day or on creative choices) and hopefully they'll deal with it maturely and move on.

I have my own political views and, well, sometimes I do indulge in a bit of ego-stroking. But I think nowadays there is a serious case of infantilization of society that has been exacerbated by the echo-chamber nature of social networking and other uses of the internet. We may sometimes be overly exposed to either conspiranoid retards or supposedly "intellectual" influencers (because they have a degree on a thing and have a youtube channel) that don't even account for a diversity of opinions or an unbiased perspective.

When I say the game should have this or that in its gameworld though... I try to ask for things that are cyberpunk while also accounting for the fact that the game needs to have some degree of commercial success. Cyberpunk, as a genre, tends to be left-leaning. Its evil guys tend to be megacorps in the first world that is less of the first world as the days pass, hence uncontrolled capitalism. It also has other accessory settings, like it tends to include barren almost postapocalyptic wastelands, product either of disregard for ecology of the industry or for a war. There may be opressive fascist, nationalistic or communist dictatorships, and their interactions through open wars, proxy wars, arms trade, sponsorships or attempts at coups from the megas.

It's also about the future of society. How moral codes and law change as does research and development.

I would not want, though, for it to be intellectually lazy at trying to egostroke me. I have no love for the big fortunes in the world, for example, but I'd rather them be well written and interesting as villains than having the story of CP2077 devolve into a YA version of itself to be PC, comforting and stroke my ego.

lookin4agoodtime;n9521931 said:
This game is going to have full character creation?

So CDPR has said. They said it years ago, though, so it might've changed, but they haven't said anything to the contrary.

kofeiiniturpa;n9522191 said:
So CDPR has said. They said it years ago, though, so it might've changed, but they haven't said anything to the contrary.

What Kofe said. REALLLLLLY hoping that hasn't changed. So hard. Both me and my hopes.

Gonna play a Rockerboy, a Solo, a Cop, A netrunner, maybe even a dirty Corporate. Gonna make ugly, handsome, tall, short and weird versions of each. So excite!

Lisbeth_Salander;n9530481 said:
anyone knows how to give redpoints to the same post twice?
Redpoint a different post and then send a PM letting them know the other redpoint was really not for the second post (which you felt was meh) but for the first post you redpointed since that post took it's awesomeness to 11.

I think CDPR should take a page from the GDW game Traveller. I had the original 3 little black book version of the game and character creation could be brutal. There was the possibility that your character would die before you finished rolling them up! I think this could be a fantastic part of character creation. At some point during character creation a random history event could be initiated. Depending on what the event is some sort of bonus or detriment could be conferred on the character. Including the possibility that it was killed.

animalfather;n9696471 said:
penis slider

Lisbeth_Salander;n9696561 said:
This should be a thing. Boobs size anyone?

These things available only within very...tight...margins. Nothing really extraordinary.

Now, THAT'S what cyberware is for! Gotta create that market.

When you make your character and are staring at the cybernetics available, you can have helpful arrows/indicator lines and windows for all the stuff you can buy..and which body part they enhance!

Imagine all the people (men) who would, staring at the penis slider window, forgo buying skinweave or speedware in favour of a 500 eb Super-Sizer tool enhancement. And later die to a 9mm round..regretting NOTHING.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9696561 said:
This should be a thing. Boobs size anyone?
Hip and butt slider pretty please?
Sardukhar;n9696991 said:
And later die to a 9mm round..regretting NOTHING.
Regretting not buying that armored "Sgt. Studd" penis cyberware to avoid such miserable deaths.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9697071 said:
DELET DIS

NO IT SHALL STAY FOREVER AS A MARKER TO THE GLORY OF NURGLE.
metalmaniac21;n9697051 said:
Hip and butt slider pretty please?

Regretting not buying that armored "Sgt. Studd" penis cyberware to avoid such miserable deaths.

I love this idea.

Neuronin;n9697421 said:
Just make sure that the character model actually reflects the way you look in-game.

I thought I had created Brad Pitt, but I got Sad Shit.

Do you allow me to use the quote "I thought I had created Brad Pitt, but I got Sad Shit -Neuronin" in a inspirational sunset picture so I can post it here?

EDIT: I'm 100% serious, I'm really gonna post it here if you say yes.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9697491 said:
Do you allow me to use the quote "I thought I had created Brad Pitt, but I got Sad Shit -Neuronin" in a inspirational sunset picture so I can post it here?

EDIT: I'm 100% serious, I'm really gonna post it here if you say yes.

Sure. You can trademark it if you like.

Top Bottom