Character Deaths in W3

+
Character Deaths in W3

When a beloved character dies on TV, we hate it.... And we also fucking love it!!! It's sad, yeah. But it's brilliant and memorable. Think Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead (or the witcher books). What I'm hoping for is a good amount of deaths in the Witcher 3. Damn I can imagine Lambert dying in the new elder blood trailer just brilliantly. Maybe Zoltan and Triss too. Just don't kill Eskel (the other wolf).

What do you say? In the witcher games as far as I can remember there were no emotionally gripping scenes that made my heart beat fast or make my eyes cry away. What scene can you imagine? A perfect death for a certain character? Do you imagine Vesemir's death saving one of his students' life? Or is it Roche and Iorveth dying in their first and last fight together against a mutual enemy? Or maybe even Letho's after he makes a comeback to help Geralt in a fight against Eredin?

I have a feeling that one of the witchers will die...And his death will be spectacular, no doubt about it...:)
Good old Vesemir maybe?

Geralt should finally die in the end (or we should at least have the option to let him die). And maybe Ciri and Yen should die with him, finally making space for the age of the humans and closing the saga about the White Wolf.

Something ends. Something begins.

I hope in the game you can decide which of the characters will live or die.
I think also that Vesemir dies or perhaps Emhyr.

I do hope that there will be meaningful character deaths in The Witcher 3, I just hope they don't plug it in the start of the game where you've barely had time to grow attached to the character and yet the player is expected to use it as fuel for his vengeful crusade till the end of the game.

I do hope that there will be meaningful character deaths in The Witcher 3, I just hope they don't plug it in the start of the game where you've barely had time to grow attached to the character and yet the player is expected to use it as fuel for his vengeful crusade till the end of the game.

Totally agree - what a horrible thought. I hope they don't do anything like that. I also hope that, if a death is as a consequence of our actions, it isn't obvious at the time of making the choice.

God I could never see them doing this. Terrible cliche that rarely works. I expect one of the Witcher school guys to bite it and probably Triss, all based on our decisions. Both Iorveth and Roche are at risk as well, but not Yen or Ciri.

The question is how would Andrzej Sapkowski feel about it? It would not feel right to just go killing characters without his knowledge, and I also read an interview of his where he talks about how the video games are just an adaption and that the story can only be told through the books.

but not Yen or Ciri.

Well yes Ciri most likely not, because she has to be alive for all "partys"

But why not Yennefer... if they would put Triss on that risk, Yennefer has to be mortal to...
otherwise the whole TRISS / YENNEFER choice will loose some tension... for the player

don t you think slimgrin :p

The question is how would Andrzej Sapkowski feel about it? It would not feel right to just go killing characters without his knowledge, and I also read an interview of his where he talks about how the video games are just an adaption and that the story can only be told through the books.
His permission isn't required. This is fan-fiction. Even less required since he stated that the games aren't canon, so supposedly nothing in them ever happened, as far as he's concerned.

Also, CDPR already took great liberties with TW2 about the book characters they killed. No death of any Witcher will match the consequences of killing Demavend, Foltest, Henselt, Sile, etc.

I have to disagree. I hate death of my favourite characters, especially women. When I see it, I see stupid cishé and the most stupid way how to bring drama on scene. Yes, I know, there can't be always happy-ends, but look what Ubi did with almost every woman around assassin.. just pathetic scenes how beloved person die in front of our eyes.
I would like to see much more chance to save them. Even difficult one, even hidden chance, but there should be always one. In other case we will see again that crappy scene, where our hero came too late to see death of somebody.

W2 spoilers:
In fact I still hate scenes in W2, where I learnt about death of sorceresses - omg why they couldn't let Sabrina escape and you would meet her and decide if you would join her/help her or not? And why not to bring a chance for Assire?

I don't care about some pig with crowned head, but I do care about my favourite characters and I (as a witcher, but also myself) want to save them, not judge murderers when it's too late..

Last edited:
I think Geralt is going to have to die. He has to die for the prophecy to come true. If you recall King of the Wild Hunt told Geralt in Witcher 1 that although he has escaped death, death will follow him and take away the lives of people close to him until it succeeds.
Also the last line in the new trailer "Geralt, have some dignity, you know how this will end" suggests the same thing. .

@slimgrin

Triss? My lovely Triss...? Dying? So I never again get to see those freckles...those red flocks bordering her beautiful eyes full of love and dedication...

personaly... I'm not ready for enjoying a loved one dying yet. Nor real live neither fiction game. I guess that iff something like this happens in TW3 I'll have to have several boxes of tissues on my lap....

Top Bottom