Character Gender?

+
Character Gender?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, and I apologize if the information is easy to find and I just didn't look hard enough, I did do some searching but couldn't come up with anything conclusive.

The question is obviously, will Cyberpunk 2077 allow for a female main character?

The less frequently asked question is probably, what about transgender characters? (I seriously doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask right?)

One of the things that turned me off from playing through Witcher was the inability to play a female main character. I mean it wasn't that big of a deal, I've heard the games are really good and I'm sure they are, I'm just not that big of a gamer and the games I do play usually need to have that option for me to get into them.

Thanks for your time.

No confirmation yet, but the devs have strongly suggested a blank slate type system, since this is based on a PnP game where The Witcher was not. Which means we get to choose male or female. As for transgender...I doubt it.

Assumingly, there will be a not miniscule amount of character customization, no details have been released othe than there will in fact be some level of customization...

However.... If you can play as a male, and you can play as a female.... ideally you will be able to alter body shape (ala saints row 2/3).... then really you can make your character however you wish... beyond that I am not really sure what you are wanting... since hopefully they won't go the saints row 3 route and throw in a schlong or booby size slider....

Really, unless its treated as a joke, like "dude looks like a lady, or that chick has an adams apple" comments (which I can't assume any trans would actually want) how exactly would you propose a transgender character be treated in a game? If its like Saints Row, just pick a gender, then give it your own backstory...

Without the entire game, or at least a significant chunk of story and dialogue options, being based around it, I don;t see how the issue of transgenderism for a main character would be handled in any meaningful way, especially since ideally, your character would simply want to be treated as whatever gender they identify as...

And if you look in the forum guide, you will find a threads covering pretty much everything... this would have been just fine to bring up in the character customization thread...

http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/threads/84-Character-Customization!

It does beg the question though of starting as transgender being an option vs only male /female archetypes. On some level I feel that it should only be male/female but there should be gender alterin cybernetics. Then We actually narratively play out gender modding and the impkications of cynernetics. If they flesh out gender bedning communitites of npcs then you can create mission arcs that ask for gender mods. It's interesting to think with cybernetics character gender doesn't have to be stable during play as long as you have the enhancements to swap. I mean think about a fixer who has social gender mods to always come to a meeting as hot modded version of the gender the client is attracted to that's good for business and negotiation. Lastly it also reminds me of the Dog sisters in Johnny mnemonic (the short story) two gender bedning twin multiracial solos an awesome detail in gibson's story.

Don't be silly, video games aren't fit for girls so obviously there won't be a female PC nor female NPCs allowed in the game. It's plain common sense, dummy.

In case you didn't figure it out, I'm joking.

But in any case, I'd rather like it if they didn't allow female, solely because people would bitch about it and whine as if anything of value was lost because they might decide it's not worth playing without it.

Honestly though, it shouldn't matter that much what gender the main character is. But the bit about transgender... what would be the point of it other than pandering to some rather vocal minorities on the internet? Absolutely nothing. It would be just shoehorning something into the setting for no purpose whatsoever.

In the announcement of this game I specifically remember Mike Pondsmith musing about your character saying "you are a one man army or one woman army".

Wouldn't need to be a distinction if you couldn't choose your gender.

Wouldn't really be a good Cyberpunk RPG if you couldn't choose your gender. >_>

Well, Adam Badowski said you will be able to create male and female character so yea you can play as a main protagonist

Well, Adam Badowski said you will be able to create male and female character so yea you can play as a main protagonist
Really! Where is this info? Did they specifically say that you would be able to create a male and female character?
Last assurance I got was not to worry about customisation. It would be great if they were ready to officially confirm choice of player character's sex.

I am hoping that the game has no limitation when you create a character gender should not have any bearing other than it does in real life. This is one of the things that made me mod other games as I wished maximum flexibility in this area. Even the first Saints Row game had a slider that would vere between male - female then it got further modded to include genetic malformations {zombies etc}.

I should hope that your character should be fully customizable, otherwise it would be kind of a huge departure from the PnP.

Really! Where is this info? Did they specifically say that you would be able to create a male and female character?
Last assurance I got was not to worry about customisation. It would be great if they were ready to officially confirm choice of player character's sex.

He said that during podcast with polish site "Masa Kultury". It in polish. When he was asked about character customisation in cyberpunk (whether it will be predefined character like Geralt ) He did specifically said you can play as man or woman. Character will have some backgrounds.

Top Bottom