Character Idles

+
One of my favorite things in games is Character Idles. An idle happens when you haven't touched your game for a minute or so and your character goes through an animation. I like to come back to my computer and find my character, stretching, looking around, looking bored, checking her wrist, etc. My question is; has there been mention of Character Idles in Cyberpunk?

It just dawned on me Cyberpunk is FP. I guess my question is moot.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be. Pretty sure other FP games have done that. You could have V adjusting their grip on their gun, checking their nails, swinging their arms idly as they wait for the player to come back etc lol.
Agree! Not to mention the fact that V is going to be at least somewhat augmented, which gives them an interface right in front of their eyes. Imagine idle being V surfing the net or scrolling through in-game screenshots or moments, as if they were their memories or things the player have taken.

I mean, there is room to play with it even in FP, especially in the cyberpunk setting.

Agree! Not to mention the fact that V is going to be at least somewhat augmented, which gives them an interface right in front of their eyes. Imagine idle being V surfing the net or scrolling through in-game screenshots or moments, as if they were their memories or things the player have taken.

I mean, there is room to play with it even in FP, especially in the cyberpunk setting.
Oh! I didn't even think of that. Imagine V calling up Jackie or random people in their contact and they have these stupid little conversations like:

V: Hey Jack, what's up?
Jackie: Nothin'
V: Cool
Jackie:....
V:.....
Jackie: Is there a reason why you called?
V: Listen Jack, stop wasting my time! I have unfinished business to attend to
Jackie: You called me, ese!
V: *Hangs up*

Kinda like when you keep calling people up in MGS or something lol. If they have cyberlimbs, they could spin their hands around or surf the net like you suggested. That'd be cool! Lol

Oh! I didn't even think of that. Imagine V calling up Jackie or random people in their contact and they have these stupid little conversations like:

V: Hey Jack, what's up?
Jackie: Nothin'
V: Cool
Jackie:....
V:.....
Jackie: Is there a reason why you called?
V: Listen Jack, stop wasting my time! I have unfinished business to attend to
Jackie: You called me, ese!
V: *Hangs up*

Kinda like when you keep calling people up in MGS or something lol. If they have cyberlimbs, they could spin their hands around or surf the net like you suggested. That'd be cool! Lol
Oh, I like that! Used to have a lot of these conversations with my friends when we got bored; doesn't have to be the phone call, even, works in real life just as well!

If i remember right when you meet Meredith Stout in the first demo when you don`t pick a dialog answer quickly enough she re states her question . It`s not much different from the Character Idles you have asked about , so i would guess it`s possible .

one thing could possibly have is V start talking to his/her self about surely having something important could be doing. or if was close to a wall or table could find your self leaning against it or sitting
Post automatically merged:

It would be cool and funny if when idle v started watching like leaked or hacked security feed recordings of places raided or had missions at previously and making off commentary like man i cant believe i was that stupid at places clearly messed up. ie coming out of cover and taking a hit that was avoidable.

It would be cool and funny if when idle v started watching like leaked or hacked security feed recordings of places raided or had missions at previously and making off commentary like man i cant believe i was that stupid at places clearly messed up. ie coming out of cover and taking a hit that was avoidable.
Right, watching or listening to news about V's endeavors. I think we had something similar to that in some GTA games, but I'm not really sure which of them really had that, doubt many of them were covered in the in-game news, too.

But hey, messing things up big time around Night City and seeing people talking about it later would be neat. I remember POSTAL 2 having a new paper every in-game day - they used to talk about a mysterious murder or terrorist in the town and how crime rates increase (spoiler: it's you, the player). Given the RPG and choices nature of Cyberpunk 2077 and devs talking about how our choices affect the world around V, it is safe to expect that the news could either cover something big (if the outcome was big and heavy, as in blowing something important up) or skip things (as in a successful stealth mission where nobody even realised you were there, or you just bailed out and never did anything significant in the first place).

Too much to expect, though, but oh well, with that much hype and that little information, speculation can't be less than over-the-top!

Yeah I dont expect it at all but would be really fun. but hey you never know there have been some really fun ways in other games

Damn, I actually remember that! Laughed my ass off as a kid, now it just seems... way darker than it should, probably. Hope V won't pull of anything like that, though!

These ideas are fantastic! I would be pleasantly surprised to come back to my game and find my character idling. Thank you for the responses!

Top Bottom