Character Romance Discussion

+
It's different to influence someone's decisions than to influence someone's character & personality.

I'm rather against the latter. I want NPCs to have their own characters & motivations rather than the main protagonist being the-one-and-only surrounded by attention seekers ready to change their personalities on main protag's whim.

Not mentioning that changing your loved one's character doesn't happen in real life too often.

It happens. Love is a crazy thing.. I had a friend who quit doing drugs just because her boyfriend asked, and last year i met someone who robbed a store for his girlfriend.. These things happen.. Love is a strong motivator...

how do you guys feel about pregnancy?

Most RPG games avoid the subject like a plague.. i think it could be an interesting concept to fallow. Assuming its done right. Only game i remember that had pregnancy was fable 3 and they could've done a better job...

how do you guys feel about pregnancy?

Well personal feelings aside, in the setting pregnancy is a is a non-issue. I you want kinds(which to be honest I don't know why you would, especially in a cyberpunk setting) you'll have them. If not well, there are ways to take care if that, legal or not.

if you have a male character you could make a baby with a woman, but what will happen if you play a female character? Firefights with baby belly?

While i'm not against the idea, i agree its a bit problematic to handle in a game.. the he way i see it there are only two ways to do it:

1. Baby gets conceived after sex, you get option to keep it, if the answer is yes the game will jump to a few months later and show the player pregnant and than jump to 9 months later and boom baby is born.. Yet this is also a little problematic since you lose 9 months of time.. Where in the games storyline could it possibly fit?

2. Baby gets conceived after sex, you get option to keep it, if the answer is yes baby will be transported from players or players girlfriend to a machine, where the baby will grow for 9 months.. (Or it could be shorter or longer, depending on how this machine works.

Running around pregnant wouldn't be fun really :D

I'd say to make it an option but nowhere in the realm of 'mandatory'--I'd be slightly uncomfortable with it if I had to deal with it in game. I wouldn't be interested in it per say, but I know there's people out there that are. Put it in, but don't make it a priority. Unless you're playing a pimp fixer, I guess.

Lol. A pimp fixer has that advantage.

Lol. A pimp fixer has that advantage.

How the hell did pregnancy and pimp fixers took ever this topic :D

Its been said before and i will say it again, romance and sex is a major part of Cyberpunk universe, so i'm sure there will be an option for romance in the game. But i'm not sure about pregnancy, i would much rather avoid the subject.. Interesting as it maybe (story-wise) there is no right way to put it in the game. Well, maybe if you had a decent relationship with love interest, endings can say something like "You and your spouse had a few children, you named your first born Elijah, after the man who saved your life." (that sounds awesome) :D

Quote Originally Posted by gregski

It's different to influence someone's decisions than to influence someone's character & personality.

I'm rather against the latter. I want NPCs to have their own characters & motivations rather than the main protagonist being the-one-and-only surrounded by attention seekers ready to change their personalities on main protag's whim.

Not mentioning that changing your loved one's character doesn't happen in real life too often.

It happens. Love is a crazy thing.. I had a friend who quit doing drugs just because her boyfriend asked, and last year i met someone who robbed a store for his girlfriend.. These things happen.. Love is a strong motivator...

Actually this gets closer to my point. I'm not as interested in influencing the companions as much as the companions actions influencing the player and making some story choices based on how you feel about them.

And rather than having the companion quests set off to the side on their own, instead be integrated with the main storyline.

Or..even no companions? And romance a tattered complex affair that you try to fit in during the hectic events of the game? Like, say, in The WItcher 1 and 2?

Or..even no companions? And romance a tattered complex affair that you try to fit in during the hectic events of the game? Like, say, in The WItcher 1 and 2?

After all our discussions about this you say "no companions" again Sard? Did someone returned you to your factory settings again? It would be bad if that someone got caught in the hell of my tiny robot of doom!

Just look at them mean eyes... Just sayin'...

Top Bottom