Character: Triss Merigold

+
I really love Triss as a complex and strong female character, and I'm glad they changed her look for TW2. She doesn't need to be slinking around in a night gown. Now she looks ready for battle.
I couldnt agree more,was not a fan of her dress sense in the first one. This is so much better.

Anwell said:
I really love Triss as a complex and strong female character, and I'm glad they changed her look for TW2. She doesn't need to be slinking around in a night gown. Now she looks ready for battle.
I couldnt agree more,was not a fan of her dress sense in the first one. This is so much better.
you mean that one when she is taking bath in the pool? ;)I fully agree with you :p

Triss, like most of the characters created by CD Projekt, is a complex person who has her own motives as do we all. Should she be trusted 100% of the time? That's a great question considering her conflict of allegiances and how she feels about Geralt. It is also obvious how she feels about Geralt. Personally, I'd let Geralt follow her into the depths of hell because I doubt she would ever betray him. The possiblity that she might, however no matter how slim, adds some extra punch to her.

ElrondSmith said:
ElrondSmith said:
you mean that one when she is taking bath in the pool? ;)I fully agree with you :p
Love the shot of her in the pool. I also love what they've done to her in TW2. She seems to be more edgy now. Just as beautiful but in a different way. As for TW1, I wasn't against her wearing the dress as it was for a political function and she wasn't involved in fighting. It's obvious she's a tweener...something between a socialite and an adventurer. While I would have preferred that not be her default look for that portion of the game I can understand why it was.

phxwitcher said:
As for TW1, I wasn't against her wearing the dress as it was for a political function and she wasn't involved in fighting. It's obvious she's a tweener...something between a socialite and an adventurer. While I would have preferred that not be her default look for that portion of the game I can understand why it was.
Sorceresses use every weapon at their disposal, and Triss' beauty is one of her weapons. For a political event, she needs to dress to maximize her advantages; if her dress distracts someone, so much the better. :) It's actually the outfit she wears at Kaer Morhen that I think is weird -- who wears fishnet sleeves in a crumbling castle? I'd think they'd snag on everything. And the witchers are friends; she doesn't need to distract or unnerve them. Well, maybe Lambert... :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
As for TW1, I wasn't against her wearing the dress as it was for a political function and she wasn't involved in fighting. It's obvious she's a tweener...something between a socialite and an adventurer. While I would have preferred that not be her default look for that portion of the game I can understand why it was.
Sorceresses use every weapon at their disposal, and Triss' beauty is one of her weapons. For a political event, she needs to dress to maximize her advantages; if her dress distracts someone, so much the better. :) It's actually the outfit she wears at Kaer Morhen that I think is weird -- who wears fishnet sleeves in a crumbling castle? I'd think they'd snag on everything. And the witchers are friends; she doesn't need to distract or unnerve them. Well, maybe Lambert... :)
She definitely have advantages ;)And I do not mind if she uses them on me :)

Corylea said:
It's actually the outfit she wears at Kaer Morhen that I think is weird -- who wears fishnet sleeves in a crumbling castle? I'd think they'd snag on everything. And the witchers are friends; she doesn't need to distract or unnerve them. Well, maybe Lambert... :)
Yep, fishnet and a fur collar. When Vesemir addresses Triss as "babe" instead of "child" in the original English edition, it's actually more appropriate in some ways.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Yes you are perfectly right about the sorceresses' special weapons.
This was very obvious on the night before the Thanedd coup when all sorceresses and sorcerers had a peaceful reception. All sorceresses were armed with their best weapon... which distracts Geralt who was there with Yennefer.
I found Triss' tempting dress a bit inadequate in TW1. There was no reason to wear this at KM. And in the Icy Plains it was almost laughable. But maybe just because it was an illusion she didn't suffer from the coldness and blizzard.The way she is dressed in TW2 makes her a serious person. Nevertheless I hope TW2 has a few opportunities where she can wear more female clothes.

PetraSilie said:
The way she is dressed in TW2 makes her a serious person. Nevertheless I hope TW2 has a few opportunities where she can wear more female clothes.
Ok, but only in the political/royal court scenes. I really don't want her adventuring in a skirt. They look silly (a la the KM outfit). Well, unless they're kilts, but those are for men. If we can't have the witchers in kilts, let's not have the sorceresses in dresses the whole time. ;)

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Yes you are perfectly right about the sorceresses' special weapons.
This was very obvious on the night before the Thanedd coup when all sorceresses and sorcerers had a peaceful reception. All sorceresses were armed with their best weapon... which distracts Geralt who was there with Yennefer.
I found Triss' tempting dress a bit inadequate in TW1. There was no reason to wear this at KM. And in the Icy Plains it was almost laughable. But maybe just because it was an illusion she didn't suffer from the coldness and blizzard.The way she is dressed in TW2 makes her a serious person. Nevertheless I hope TW2 has a few opportunities where she can wear more female clothes.
Yes, I presume that some aspects of the clothing in the game are quite different from the perspectives of the man and woman :p

Mort said:
I'm glad Triss doesn't show her cleavage in TW2, it really bothered me in TW.
If you mean her dressing more practical, then yes I agree. Her floozie outfits were a little silly for adventuring. But as far as cleavage goes, I thought it was universally recognized as a good thing.

slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
I'm glad Triss doesn't show her cleavage in TW2, it really bothered me in TW.
If you mean her dressing more practical, then yes I agree. Her floozie outfits were a little silly for adventuring. But as far as cleavage goes, I thought it was universally recognized as a good thing.
I agree with this, even I had nothing against the old outfit ;)

The old outfit was impractical for adventuring, true. But why would ANYONE have problem with cleavage? I just don't get it.

From what I am hearing we are going to have full control over who comes with us, our companions, and there will be consequences to all we have done. If so the forest crossing could be VERY different. In the walkthrough the Squirrels attack Geralt, Triss and an Elf hunter. What if none of them was along and we had helped the Squirrels in the Witcher 1? I have no intention of travelling with Triss anywhere if I can help it. Will it be made mandatory by the narrative? Nice scene at the pool, could it be Shani instead? The way they are talking about the game we will have a lot more options than ever before. Just how much, wonder. We have only seen scraps of the many hours of the game. I HOPE that we be nicely surprised by having full control and Triss not being nearly as important a character as the glances we have gotten seem to indicate.Because I don't like or trust her and her Guild of Sorceresses not only seem treacherous but also irrelevant. If they weren't they would know about the upcoming glaciation. I am dying to see how THAT plays out.

JuanCdePaz said:
.....Because I don't like or trust her and her Guild of Sorceresses not only seem treacherous but also irrelevant. If they weren't they would know about the upcoming glaciation. I am dying to see how THAT plays out.
It's the Lodge of Sorceresses, not the guild. They are treacherous, but definitely not irrelevant. In fact, they are the ones that effectively rule the world.As for the upcoming glaciation, it was Alvin's vision. Alvin was a source. Sorceresses, unlike sources , cannot see into the future. Sources are incredibly rare too. And even if another source DID see into the future, it's not mandatory they saw the same thing. Sources cannot control or direct their clairvoyance. If they could, Aldesberg would've known Geralt would stick his sword up his....whatever.Additionally, their visions of the future were often cryptic, and the glaciation Alvin saw might have been something totally different.

Top Bottom