Characters/Organizations from the books in the game?.... Alt in the trailer...

+
Characters/Organizations from the books in the game?.... Alt in the trailer...

When I saw that poster of Alt Cunningham in the background of one of the sweeping shots in the trailer the slew of characters flew into my mind.

Do you think we may see any of the characters from cyberpunk?

Will we see Arasaka? Will I get to meet Rache Bartmoss?

I hope so.

Well, if pay close attention to the television shot in the trailer, you will see Arasaka at the bottom of the screen, mentioned alongside Militech.

edit: (nearly missed microtech in there)

Aver

Forum veteran
Well, if pay close attention to the television shot in the trailer, you will see Arasaka at the bottom of the screen, mentioned alongside Militech.

edit: (nearly missed microtech in there)

I think that by Arasaka he meant Saburo Arasaka - head of Arasaka Corp. Devs already confirmed that we will see all biggest corps in the game. They said it in interview for GameTrailers .

I am curious of one thing. You are wondering whether we will see some familiar characters from original cyberpunk. That got me thinking (as a someone who never experienced cyberpunk tabletop game), considering computer game will be set in 2077 , how augmentation and implants affect lifespan of people. In other words how long if its even possible you prolong your life?

Well both Alt Cunningham and Rache Bartmoss are entirely plausible, Alt because in Lore her consciousness was ripped out via SoulKiller and she roamed the net in Ghost Town, with Rache you have to make an assumption that he made a consciousness backup before his physical body as killed during the Fourth corp war, assuming an ability to download back to a brain could be developed then they could be back or still in the net. With people like Morgan Blackhand and Johnny, then there'd would have to be a fill-in bit of lore about cloning or cryogenics.

But yes petition for bringing back Alt and Rache.... I mean you've already just put Alt in your trailer!!!!

I heard that the view is that the 4th Corp War still occurred, but whether it happen the same as Firestorm we don't yet know, so Arasaka could still be about but as Arasaka Tower got annihilated, still not sure if they'd be still the main protagonist as they once were

Well, they put a picture of Alt in the trailer. Not Alt.

More importantly...will we get to -harm- characters from the books? Saburo Arasaka, Johnny Silverhand, Morgan, that whole crew. Or will they be Bethesda-immune?

I found in an interview posted on facebook through GameTrailers.com that the game takes place after the 4th corporate war. Arasaka tower was destroyed along with most of the corporate district but ofcourse that doesn't take the corps out of the game. Now the 4th corporate war ended alot of lives and it seems like now Night city has migrated a little closer to the coast.

I would guess we might still get to see the net ghosts of Alt and Rache but Johnny Silverhand and Morgan Blackhand would be dead. Spider Murphy should still be around surfing the net and Santiago as well as the nomads would probably be roaming outside the city.

The article did say the afterlife bar will be there (of course). Corporations that will make it in will be Arasaka, Dynalar, Kiroshi and others. I would assume Militech would be in there as well.

One interesting bit about the corporate wars is that the physical documentation and artifacts from history are GONE! So all we have are the digital versions. Well of course with the propagation of memes and digital manipulation people think Nixon killed himself instead of resigning and that we never landed on the moon amongst other things. Our history is in flux and very few if any people know the real story.

Well, they put a picture of Alt in the trailer. Not Alt.

But in all seriousness, if there is an Alt reference then that could lead to speculation that in some form she's still relevant, in a very fickle societal psyche, after al these years, so where that leads to is anyone's guess....

But I suppose it's down to where the line is drawn with the fourth war, they've ignored, to all intent and purposes, CP203X, so maybe some parts of the 4th Corp war didn't happen, or could be found out to be corp and political propaganda.

Hmm the question is if this is just the extension of original story line (I hope not) or the story rewritten into 2077. So we can have all the iconic characters and believable story line. We've already know that there was no expedition to Mars in 2009 etc. So it would be great if they modify the original story and obviously extend it to 2077 but starting from 2020 not 1990.

Well, Alt would be pretty hard to get rid of, I'd think. Completely I mean. Given they chose that -poster- ( NOT CHARACTER POSTER ITS NOT THE SAME NURGRURUU etc), I hope they have plans for her.

Now, here's a thought for the hard-core: WIlderspace. And what maaaaaybe lurks on it's edges. Eh? I mean, how far out did Alt go? Or Rache? Doo deedooodeee...

HA! Arbas.. I just was looking through the book and found your avatar on pg 73. Dig the quote too.. Looking for one I'm having a hard time finding about the guy who killed his boss cause it was just like the sim he ran every night.

When I saw that poster of Alt Cunningham in the background of one of the sweeping shots in the trailer the slew of characters flew into my mind.

Do you think we may see any of the characters from cyberpunk?

Will we see Arasaka? Will I get to meet Rache Bartmoss?

I hope so.

Me too.

Many of the characters from the game became semi-regular NPCs in our old tabletop games and I for one think that it would be pretty cool to see them again,

My concern is over how much the new game becomes rooted as too much of a continuance of CP2020 especially given that its fifty years in the future, there may well be slight cameo roles, but I'd hope there would be greater scope with Mikes PnP version for fleshing out the return of some of the greats of 2020

Yeah, given the imagery and tech and people on display it looks kind of like they are making it 2025..only setting it in 2077 so the players don't goggle at the huge discrepancy between our 2013 and their 2020. 2077 seems much more likely, tech-wise. My first-and-favourite Cpunk GM, appropriately named Jack, (a huge, hairy rugby-playing beast of a man with an advanced university degree - he seemed like a Cyberpunk character himself half the time) set Cpunk at 2050 or so if I recall correctly.

So I'm hoping we have the 2020 timeline, including such things as the riot that shot all the lawyers, heh heh, updated to modern affairs, with the dates moved around a bit. Then we can see Morgan and Spider et al.

HA! Arbas.. I just was looking through the book and found your avatar on pg 73. Dig the quote too..

Hehe loved the concept of mini celluar phone like this having cybernetic legs and arms ;) I love quotes from the corebook :)

And the Easter Eggs like "Hear me...See me...Touch me... Kill me...- Sarah O'Connor Tribute to Tommy, 2019 :) or

"Boy, I wish ol' Bill Gibson was around to see this!" - " Hey, Edger, Don't you know it's unclucky to invoke the name of the Patron Saint?" :D

Looking for one I'm having a hard time finding about the guy who killed his boss cause it was just like the sim he ran every night

Its page 174 but I have 2.01 version of the book in english -

"Knew a guy once who created a virtual of his boss in the Microtech system. Every night, he'd cut it loose in a Night City simulation and hunt it down. One evening, he was out on the Street when he saw his boss getting out of a taxi. The guy went completely off-line - it took four C-SWAT cops to pull him off the body..." - Edger

If folks remember: in canon, Johnny Silverhand became Mr. John Silverhand, after having his first meatware body killed, and a backup of his consciousness uploaded to a cloned body.

If folks remember: in canon, Johnny Silverhand became Mr. John Silverhand, after having his first meatware body killed, and a backup of his consciousness uploaded to a cloned body.

Really? I thought he died trying to give Spider Murphy enough time to get Alt out. Hey glad to hear he made it out, even if it is as a clone.

ARBAS- that was IT! thanks man!

I'd love to see Spider Jeruslem with his 'filthy assistants' in the city! I really think such great cyberpunk series as transmetropolitan, which is unfortunately highly underrated and unknown to many(dunno why??), should have some influence onthe game as well REDs check out the transmetropolitan !!!!!

Top Bottom