Chat Wheel - More Emotes/Taunts

+
Chat Wheel - More Emotes/Taunts

What about adding options/customization to the chat wheel in the game? The six there aren't bad, but it would be cool to be able to choose from a bunch of phrases. Small potatoes I know, but perhaps it would help bring a bit of customization to how players interact.

Why not a full fledged chat box? I've had some pretty hilarious moments it would've been fun to comment on with my opponent.

Yeah lets not get too crazy with a full chat bar, but a way to customize the chat wheel would be cool. Say what you will about me wanting to see something from DOTA in another game, but their chat wheel (with probably 50 or so responses you can put into the 6 slots) is actually pretty handy. Granted we probably don't need that many, most of them in DOTA involve your teammates, but it would be cool to have like, Hello, GG, and I dunno...some other stuff. :p

a_page06;n8429940 said:
Yeah lets not get too crazy with a full chat bar, but a way to customize the chat wheel would be cool. Say what you will about me wanting to see something from DOTA in another game, but their chat wheel (with probably 50 or so responses you can put into the 6 slots) is actually pretty handy. Granted we probably don't need that many, most of them in DOTA involve your teammates, but it would be cool to have like, Hello, GG, and I dunno...some other stuff. :p

Why would a full fledged chatbox be so crazy? Not being able to communicate with the other player is one of the most frustrating aspects of playing this game for me personally. Especially when it comes to new players, i wanted to ask a question about something I didn't understand that just happened in the game when I first started playing like so many freaking times, it would of been great if the other person had the opportunity to break it down for me.

If anything there should be a much easier way to communicate when the game is over, I think you should be able to click the players name and ask them if they want to be friends or add them to some sort of friend list all easy like, at this point in time clicking on their name does absolutely nothing.

It would be easy to include a mute feature so that you can mute somebody or just not see their chat messages for those who have no interest in participating in player communication.

OGjimbo;n8434670 said:
Why would a full fledged chatbox be so crazy? Not being able to communicate with the other player is one of the most frustrating aspects of playing this game for me personally. Especially when it comes to new players, i wanted to ask a question about something I didn't understand that just happened in the game when I first started playing like so many freaking times, it would of been great if the other person had the opportunity to break it down for me.

If anything there should be a much easier way to communicate when the game is over, I think you should be able to click the players name and ask them if they want to be friends or add them to some sort of friend list all easy like, at this point in time clicking on their name does absolutely nothing.

It would be easy to include a mute feature so that you can mute somebody or just not see their chat messages for those who have no interest in participating in player communication.

I dunno man, the only other two games I really play are DOTA and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (everyone needs a mobile game.) In DOTA the communication with the opposite team largely consists of "gl hf" at the beginning and "gg" at the end, with the occasional NA flavor adding a "?" in whenever you wanna jib the enemy... the allied chat box is where most of the communication happens, but of course in Gwent its a team of you and you alone, so no need for it there.

Honestly if there was a chat box I can see 80% of the time disabling it within the first 30 seconds of the round, just to enable and GG at the end, while the other 20% of the time could be some great conversations that would actually be enlightening to the other person's deck and strategy after its been employed (probably especially in casual.) What do you really plan to say to the enemy that would require the features of a full chat though?

You know i don't see that many ppl using this. I am a simple man...Personally i find most of the phrases unnecessary to say the least. All i want to express when playing is things like, "Hey, nice to meet you", "Have a good one", and "Great play m8!", "That was a great game!" etc. Regular things but it's a CCG, you should be able to have some phrases that go with the game's lore and at the same time are normal imo.

Even if you want them to be kinda funny you can have normal quotes or phrases. Also, what's up with all this rage, Swagger and Rage and whatnot. Totally unnecessary imo, needs reworking at least.

Yeah I must've really freaked one opponent out when I first started playing and just clicked em all a couple of times to figure out what was what...

a_page06;n8440140 said:
Yeah I must've really freaked one opponent out when I first started playing and just clicked em all a couple of times to figure out what was what...

I've definitely been on the opposite end of that one. And you can tell they wished they could explain themselves after running through all of the phrases.

I noticed nobody said anything about the idea of having an easier way of inviting someone to become friends after a match, would anybody else be interested in something like this?

OGjimbo;n8440500 said:
I've definitely been on the opposite end of that one. And you can tell they wished they could explain themselves after running through all of the phrases.

I noticed nobody said anything about the idea of having an easier way of inviting someone to become friends after a match, would anybody else be interested in something like this?

Not bad...not bad at all. :p

We need an "Are you there?" - Message

I am a new gwent player since yesterday and played some matches over the evening. And sometimes it seems that some people first play out their cards but somehow got distracted during the match or something like that ... so the counter counts down and they stay away some moves and loose cards before they jump back in.

So i would like to send them a message with the message wheel if there is anybody out there while waiting.
The intonation of Pink Floyds line "Is there anybody out there?" would fit there.

Yeah.. I'd really like a chatbox i think voip is a bit to much but being able to complement my opponent in my own way would be nice ( or call him a noob) but there should also be a report button when there is a chatbox. and just temporary bans.

First thanks a lot for merging the threads. I think a chatbox or voip would be too much but i would really like some sort of customization for the chat wheel, where we can choose some of a pool of predefined and spoken phrases that our avatar could speak during the match. Maybe this is also a good idea for some "addons" or "giveaways" later if gwent is successfully launched. Keep up your great work.

panete4;n8429580 said:
I'm missing a simple "Hello". Gotta be polite.

touche

I also find most emotes almost unnecessary if not irrelevant. I mean, ok, you want something to fit the Witcher lore but, they are humans, they use same logic etc., "Interesting deck you got there m8", "That was a great match mountaineer" or whatever. But ye, some ppl. want to just be polite. Is there a reason for Swagger and Rage and Menace and all this rage?

Top Bottom