Cheating draws?

+
Cheating draws?

Bah this sucks, it happend to me three times today that I was winning and shortly before the end the game ended in a draw due to server error. It never happend when I was loosing so I'm asking myself if players can cheat a draw, say by removing the network cable or something like that, or are the servers today just terribly unstable?

This happened to me twice yesterday. I'm on XBox One playing cross-platform, so I'm guessing it's on their side. I was a little miffed by the fact that I lost Rank Points on the Draws.

Happened too in the last couple of days. Didn't associated with the opponent cheating though.

Didn't cross my mind that it might be an xbone issue (I'm on PC), still strange that it only happens when I am winning, wished it would happen when I was losing lol.

It happened to me 3 times yesterday, and each time I was clearly winning. It seems like more than a coincidence if it's happening to others

Happened to me once so far when I was clearly winning.

SO frustrating I was sooo pissed. Also due to the fact that I lost ranking points...

hmm so... could anyone post here if he experienced a draw when he was actually loosing? Maybe it's cheating after all if everyone reports this happening only when they are winning.

The same thing just happened to me. Went into a third round with great CA and poof, it's a DRAW because server blah-blah-blah. Instantly thought of this thread. Can't remember if I was playing agains Xbox Live player, though. But maybe its users found an exploit.

Last edited:
Marcin_Momot;n7790270 said:
Please report all issues like this to our tech support via the official contact form. It really helps when the tickets contain as many details as possible.
Marcin I opened this thread out of mere curiosity and after the first replies I thought it was just happening by accident. Now I am not so sure anymore. I cannot provide more information than what I've written already, could you therefor please move this thread to Tech Support?

I had such disconnects too for 2 days in a row a few weeks ago and before that from time to time. It annoyed me so much that I changed from wlan to network cable and I almost never have a disconnect from my side anymore. I read before that other people also had problems when playing using wlan.

Wireless is not the problem. I always play with a lan cable directly from the modem and this happened a couple of times in the last 2 days.

But like 50% of those times the game didnt even started and it also happened to my opponent.

So, afaik, this is not cheating related. Imo it should be something with the servers.

milosh69;n7784710 said:
Bah this sucks, it happend to me three times today that I was winning and shortly before the end the game ended in a draw due to server error. It never happend when I was loosing so I'm asking myself if players can cheat a draw, say by removing the network cable or something like that, or are the servers today just terribly unstable?

Give Ryuk an apple and your network problems will go away. Gotta feed him from time to time.

same thing just happened to me on PC, last two game i've just player was auto-draw for server problem or something. I was also clearly winning...

BenDav;n7797400 said:
Give Ryuk an apple and your network problems will go away. Gotta feed him from time to time.
hehe nice one ;)

I don't think the problem is on my side though, I play with cable and when a draw happens I can usually immediately search for a new opponent. It's server related, question is just why it never happens when I'm losing.

milosh69;n7784710 said:
server error [...]by removing the network cable or something like that
I can assure you that is not the case. If the opponent would indeed remove their network cable the message would say that "your opponent lost connection to the servers" (or similar to that) which results in a victory for you and a loss for them, no matter how the game went. So it is for sure "just" a server related error and no form of cheating - unless they provoked a situation the game wouldn't know how to handle ... nah, even if, let us believe it was unintended.

How can you all know you were clearly winning? In Gwent I find myself in the unique situation that I don't know whether I'll win or loose until my opponent plays the last card they have. That's why I love this game so much. :)

D0om;n7799310 said:
How can you all know you were clearly winning?
If I have all his units under Weather and he has only one card left it's not rocket science to calculate that he can't win even with a Clear Sky.

But something strange is clearly going on and it might be purely a server problem. I just had a match against Rad where he played Scorch, D'Bomb and some other card but without any effect, nothing got scorched or reset and everytime where it was his turn he had only 10sec left. But it was nice to win with self-mutilation against Rad for once :D

milosh69;n7799660 said:
If I have all his units under Weather and he has only one card left it's not rocket science to calculate that he can't win even with a Clear Sky.

Fair enough. Luckily, I haven't experienced any connection issues myself, hoping this gets fixed.

same has happened to me but to be fair, I have had it happen while losing which was nice lol. by the way they need to change it so u don't lose a ton of rank points for a loss but then only get half of it back when u win.

Top Bottom