Child NPC's and cyberware...

+
So, I recall seeing, reading, or hearing somewhere in the lore how it is a very bad idea to get children chipped because they're constantly growing. So why is it that this poor boy has had his eyes replaced? What, does he need to get his chrome swapped out once a month or something? Any quasi-medical professionals on the forums who can shed some light on whether this is remotely possible?
20210124135700_1.jpg

I highly doubt they thought about it for more than 2 seconds.
They probably thought....

"Yeah, this looks cool heh."

Because children in this game are just resized adults. CDPR didn't bother following lore in this case.

source

You can try to use your imagination to justify it, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Could have lost them in an accident of some sort. NC is a dangerous place, especially for children. Between the gangs, Militech and Arasaka constantly shooting up the place, much less any other 'normal' dangers in the city, it's not unreasonable to think it possible.

I guess parents that don't care about their children's health and well-being exist in Night City too. I bet environment like this might lead to at least a few families being a bit disfunctional.

"Little Johnny looks so sweet with those eye implants...now, let's have another whiff and back to that sick braindance..."

So, I recall seeing, reading, or hearing somewhere in the lore how it is a very bad idea to get children chipped because they're constantly growing. So why is it that this poor boy has had his eyes replaced? What, does he need to get his chrome swapped out once a month or something? Any quasi-medical professionals on the forums who can shed some light on whether this is remotely possible?View attachment 11155481
Could be terrible parents, it could be some scumbag ganger that did it to the kid, it could be that the kid is an irresponsible idiot that did it to himself.

The world's not consistant with this. Explain the Animal gang. They can have/get implants. But also use Juice to get huge. You'd have to wait till you reach the size you want to install gear. But Juice is a weakpoint on Sasquatch. Why would you need to keep pumping Juice into you. When you have limb enhancements that fill in your original body. This could work if you keep your limbs on ice. And can swap them out whenever you want. Which is implied when you remove stuff from V.

I guess parents that don't care about their children's health and well-being exist in Night City too. I bet environment like this might lead to at least a few families being a bit disfunctional.

"Little Johnny looks so sweet with those eye implants...now, let's have another whiff and back to that sick braindance..."

Dysfunctional? What do you mean dysfunctional?

It's a rough world, little Johnny can be put to better use with optic implants. Now he can get into a gang much sooner and start earning the little shit.

That kid is going to have so many operations, he's going to look like a Maelstrom gangster. Good for him, he's on the right track.

Any quasi-medical professionals on the forums who can shed some light on whether this is remotely possible?
"Daddy, I wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna the Eyestation 6 !"

Night City is a very accident prone place. You never know when a fire fight might break out or some lunatic decides to ram you with their car. This is why the amount of maimed amputees is off the charts. It is also why you'll see waitresses sporting multicolored cyber arms and solid steel mechanical legs.

1091500_20210103205631_1.png

Top Bottom