Chinese language update for The Witcher 2

+
Chinese language update for The Witcher 2

We have just released an update correcting various translation bugs in the Chinese version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition. Big thanks go to our community, especially the poster on our forums who goes by the name Do-335. He was the one who brought the mistranslations to our attention. We would also like to apologize to our Chinese fans who bought the game for the inconvenience they may have experienced because of the errors, we hope that with this update, you can enjoy The Witcher 2 without any issues. The patch downloads automatically for everyone and updates the game to version 3.2.1, but please note that it only affects the Chinese version of the game. No changes to gameplay or additional features are being introduced with this update.
If the patch doesnt download automatically via game launcher, please use this link to download the patch manually.

I don't have a the chinese version - but my launcher keeps notifying me of the update o_O

Unless this has something to do with GoG's release copy being International maybe? I've previously always used my North American discs I bought in the store.

Corylea said:
One more reason why CDPR is the best! ;)
I can not give +1 to your post! yeah CDPR are the best!

If we see some translation mistakes, where can we contact you for this?... 'cause I remember a little mistake in French, but in a cutscene in fact (difficult to change that, I think)... but you should already be aware for this?

CostinMoroianu said:
I wonder, is TW2 available in mainland China for sale?
Of cause we can, but the price is expensive. The import European retail version took me 330 RMB —— while my month pay is 5000 RMB aftertax. And we can also purchase this game on steam, I spent 100RMB (16USD) on 20th July for summer sale steam-only DLC.

After installed this patch, I start a new game, found something improved, but still some bugs, as I posted here, http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31193-the-terrible-chinese-translation-ruined-this-game/, the "swallow - Golden Oriole" is still there. And in the options/graphics menu, the two options are all translation as "brightness".

And the steam-only DLC, text id "151466" and "151465", the Sign names were mix ; text id "151473" and "151474", "witcher" is translated as "witch", in fact the whole game title is translated as "witch".

I will post an improved translated file on witcher nexus.

Top Bottom